Second

Thinking Out Loud (EXO fanfiction)

  Packed with my books, I headed home, since Suho, the sweet guy he was, agreed to take out his girlfriend for some ice cream, and abandoned me in the middle of a heated debate about Middle Ages and religious scripts. My backpack was so heavy, I was sure it will cut off my arms, so I had to make small stops every five minutes to sit down and take a break. The weather was still nice, hence the late afternoon hour, and the clouds gathering alarmingly on the sky. This was the only thing I hated passionately about England. It rained more than it didn't, and the air was so humid most days, that ironing my hair was so futile, I gave it up after a few weeks.

  We lived rather close to the campus, so walking shouldn't have been such a pain in the , but it took me twice as long to get from A to B, and I am not even exaggerating. By the time I reached the elevator I was dead meat, only capable of communicating like a dying whale, which was the least bit attractive.

"Ah, you are home!" exclaimed Baek Hyun, the moment my shoe hit the shelf next to the door.

"Mhm..." I huffed, still breathless and cheeks red from the wrestling I performed with my backpack.

"You seem rather exhausted, Hye Lin." Baek was standing in the living-room, with a notebook in his left hand, and highlighter in the other one. He was wearing his pyjama pants and a light blue t-shirt, with a monkey head on it. His hair was a mess, caramel strands sticking out everywhere, except where his glasses held them down.

"No , Einstein! This friggin backpack killed me," I spat, pointing out my bag, which was laying on the ground, where I threw it after entering the apartment.

"I assume you are not in the mood to make us dinner then..." he said with uncertainty in his voice.

"I will make dinner, no need to worry about that. I just need ten minutes to recollect myself. Maybe you could make some tea?"

"On it!" Baek shouted cheerfully and put down his notebook only to waltz into our tissue sized kitchen to prepare the kettle for tea.

  While my sweet roomie prepared my tea, I navigated into my room, and grabbed the fist clothing items I saw, a black hoodie and black leggings, to change into them. Pinning up my hair, I was finally able to move my head freely, because the uncomfortable length of it bugged me, and made it hard to flip my head unless I wanted a mouthful of hair. After I finished removing my makeup, and felt pleasantly unattractive, I joined Baek Hyun, who was already sipping on said tea, sitting on the small chair in front of his piano.

"I feel like you have multiple personality disorder... You look like the most girly girl I know during the day, makeup flawlessly done, hair and outfit on point, and the moment you come home, you turn into this shabby looking thing, I can hardly recognize you after you come out of your room," my flatmate remarked with an amused little grin as he watched me stroll around in the kitchen, looking for the other mug, we owned.

  Despite the fact, that our families were well off, and I had decent income too, we were so lazy to equip our kitchen, it was horrifying. I did YouTube videos, game-plays most times, but when I felt like it, I also recorded DIYs and makeup tutorials, because I liked doing them. I started before we even moved to England, and I had barely a few hundred subscribers. When it all blew up, we lived in Oxford for about three months, and Baek Hyun happened to wander in on me playing some video games and having a live stream. The viewers loved him, and everybody was convinced he was my boyfriend, especially after he became a regular on the live streams. We started gaining more and more followers, and after our friend circle expanded, I invited the others over too, and they take turns, who joins me in different videos. Sponsors started knocking on our door after a short time, and we got the chance to know, how does being an official YouTuber feel like.

  Even with the decent income, and all that, we never abandoned our old habits, and our kitchen was just as poorly equipped as before. We had several stacks of disposable cups and paper plates, in case the gang showed up every week, almost every day. I was lucky, that my mother never decided to visit after they purchased the place, because she would have been very disappointed, because at home, we had a kitchen large enough to host an army of cooks and was equipped like a five star restaurant. I envied her for a short while, but we eventually realized, that with our busy lives, we would never really use the kitchen, so why buy all that useless stuff, when we could spend the money on video games and takeout food.

"Would you prefer if I wore fancy clothes at home too? Do you want me to put on makeup?" I asked, and positioned myself beside him on the chair, our skinny asses fitting on it comfortably.

"No, please... Just don't..." he pleaded with fake desperation.

"How was your day? Did you finish your project?"

"Well, I wanted to, but then I got distracted..." he said with a hesitant voice, and I already knew, Kyung Soo's hand was involved in this. Kyung Soo and my beloved flatmate were practically inseparable, mostly because they were in the Drama Club of the university, and they practiced together, but another reason was, because they were childhood best friends, who lost each other after Kyung Soo's family moved to England. After their happy reunion, they were practically up in each others asses, hanging out a lot by themselves and making a sport out of ignoring me.

"Yeah, well... I hope you used protection at least," I teased Baek, who blushed like crazy thanks to this little remark, which was absolutely groundless since Kyung was engaged and elbow deep in wedding preparations. His fiancé was younger than us, in his first year of Informatics, and yet, somehow, they managed to plan for their wedding in July.

"I hope one day Jong In hears this and smack you!" Baek Hyun threatened me, but I was hardy frightened by it, since Jong In meant no harm to anybody. He was Kyung Soo's fiancé. And had the fluffiest, cutest personality ever.

"Okay, Byun! Let's talk about something more important," I turned to him with a serious expression.

"Where are we going to hide their bodies?" He asked in return, and had this manic sparkling in his eyes, it made ma doubt the decisions I made in my life.

"What?"

"What?" he echoed in disappointment.

"What are you talking about? Whose body?"

"I thought we were finally getting rid of Luhan and Jong Dae," he said with puppy eyes, and I finally realised it. Luhan and Jong Dae were the loudest and naughtiest members of our gang, always making fun of poor Baek Hyun and sticking their noses where it clearly didn't belong. We loved them, but most times, we hung out without them, just in case one of the two decided to be a complete .

"No. We are not getting rid of them. I was thinking, maybe... we should adopt a puppy," I said silently, and waited for his reaction.

  This was on my mind a lot recently, and I researched and looked for shelters and pros and cons of adoption, but nothing was able to convince me not to adopt a puppy. Our apartment wasn't huge, but we had enough place for another family member, especially if it was a cute little dog, because cats were out of discussion. I knew Baek liked dogs too, and when we first moved, he dropped this bomb on me actually, but we were not prepared for it back then. I wasn't even sure, if we would make it together until our first finals session, and not have a fight in the meantime.

"God, Hye Lin! You know I love you, and you are my one and true friend!" he erupted in cheerful wiggling, almost throwing me off the chair and spilling tea all over the place.

"So, is that a yes?"

"Not just a yes, but a definitely ing absolute yes!!"

"Maybe, tomorrow we could go shopping, and organize a corner for our son or daughter..." I offered with a huge grin which was immediately mirrored on his face as well.

"I always knew, we would do this!"

  After another hour wasted in our living-room, planning the placement of the dog corner, we ordered in because I changed my mind about making dinner, and played Watchdogs on our PS4 while shouting inappropriate words and leaving greasy fingerprints all over the consoles and furniture. Our apartment didn't have a TV put on a wall or standing on a TV stand as most places did. It was put on a movable table and we only brought it out when we were playing or having a get together with the gang, because it took up place where I usually had my yoga mat laid out. We went to bed around eleven o'clock, and I immediately fell asleep. I have completely forgotten about the guy with the comically cute ears and his hoodie, and I slept like a log until the next morning when my alarm went off, and I almost fell off the bed. 

 

  It was Saturday, and it meant no classes for the day, and no studying, because we made this day our official free one, where we were not allowed to open a course book or even glance at them. I loved this rule, especially since we always spent it fooling around in the apartment, going grocery shopping and in the rest, doing absolutely nothing productive. This day, however was different, because it was the day we were going to buy dog stuff and adopt one. I was so excited, I couldn't concentrate at all what was happening around me, and clearly didn't notice the noises coming from the living room. This is how our next door neighbors, Tim and Claudia were able to witness me coming out of my bedroom in a see-through bed-gown and the worst bedhead of history.

"You might want to rethink that," Beak Hyun offered as I closed the door behind me, and drew all attention to myself.

 

"I am so sorry..." I apologized and ran back to change into something more presentable.

  Something presentable turned out to be black shorts with a silk, spaghetti strapped crop top with a knitted, short sleeved, white blazer. The weather was super nice outside, and since we were not going to meet anybody important, I took the liberty, and only used BB cream, eyeliner and mascara instead of a full face makeup. I braided my hair and after deeming my outfit on point, I was finally able to leave my bedroom, only to find Baek Hyun unwrapping a food container, filled with pancakes.

"Claudia made them for us!" he held it up with a victorious smile, and stuffed a forkful of it in his mouth.

"How nice of her," I said while walking past my flatmate and pouring myself some apple juice from the fridge.

"So, when are we going?"

"As soon as you finish eating. Where should we go first?"

"Tim said Pets and Paws are really good, but if you have other suggestions, I am open for everything."

"Then we will start there and then go find the perfect shelter, because I don't want some pure bred dog when all those cute mixed ones are suffering on death row."

"I never opposed to the idea," he said while putting away the pancakes and grabbing his wallet from the counter.

  Luckily, he had a car, so it was easier to get to the pet shop, and we managed to get all the stuff we needed in about an hour or so after we arrived, because the shopkeeper kept on talking about different brands and what would be good for a dog and stuff like that, which was honestly very helpful, but he extended a bit too long. At least he recommended some shelters we should go, so I was thankful for this.

A/N: Hello, my dudes and gals! This was the second chapter, and it is going to get crazier form here, so make sure all seat belts are fastened! Next episode will be out sometime soon, hopefully, and until then, have a nice weekend, because we are eventually getting there!

All the love, B.