Fourth

Thinking Out Loud (EXO fanfiction)

 I looked at my flatmate with wide eyes, not being able to comprehend what he just said, because a) I was pretty sure Suho told me last week, I hooked up with that guy, so for him, to go out with another guy would mean he was at least biual; and b) how was I supposed to present my plan to get into Chan Yeol's pants if they ended up dating or something? I was sure Baek took my surprise as a shock caused by the fact that he landed for himself such a great deal, and I actually was grateful for this. All my plans to keep Yeol for myself got deleted, because I had no real claim on the guy whatsoever, and if they were about to date, it just made everything even more complicated.

"Congrats!" I said with a mesmerizing fake smile, which Baek Hyun luckily couldn't see through and continued to beam like a seventeen year old teenager.

"You have to help me choose my outfit. I want to get laid tonight," he said wiggling his eyebrows, and in that moment I knew, he wasn't that serious about Chan Yeol after all.

"Then go for your black skinnies with your dark purple silk button down. That is the grates combo out there, trust me."

"Thanks, Hye Lin!" he thanked me excitedly and jumped up from the couch, storming into his bedroom, shutting the door behind him with a loud thud. So much for helping me with my guy problems.

  It wasn't really late, so after Baek had his little runway show, we recorded the video of our new family members, and I edited it until around seven pm, when I was finally able to upload it. By eight it started to rain, drenching everything with how heavy it was. After closing all of our windows, I watched Baek run around the apartment like crazy, because he couldn't find his velvet choker, and one of his shoes went missing, so my beloved was acting as a damsel in distress, tiring himself way before the actual date. Brutus was following him everywhere, and only stopped when the doorbell rang, which I had to answer, because Baek was still looking for his choker.

  Both dogs were hot on my heels, poking their heads between my legs as I opened the door, to be faced with a drenched Park Chan Yeol, who was wearing presumably light blue jeans, white button down and a black blazer, all dripping wet, while his bright red hair was sticking to his forehead, like he just exited the shower. It was a nice view, but this way he couldn't really take out my flatmate to a fancy dinner.

"Jesus, please come in!" I said while ushering him inside, where he was greeted by our two hyper energetic dog, and an amazed Baek, who stopped in his track to look at our guest, mouth hanging open and eyes hungrily taking in the man standing in front of our door.

"Can I get a towel?" Chan Yeol spoke, voice husky yet shaky from the freezing cold water still soaking his clothes.

"Sit down on the couch and I will take care of the rest. Would you like something to change into?" I asked, like the good host I was.

"That would be actually really good, thank you," he said with a sheepish smile, and walked up to the couch, but never sat down, because Brutus and Cheetos captured his attention, so instead he chose to play with them.

  I dragged Baek into his room, which was a natural disaster destroyed area, clothes scattered on the floor, and I realized, he doesn't really own bigger sized clothes, since the only type he wore was skin tight. So, it was a no go, and the only option we were left with, was giving him one of my hoodies and sweatpants, because at home I wore at least three sizes up from my own.

"You get him a towel and I'll look for something for him to wear, okay?" I asked Baek, and he answered with a slight nod, and we exited his room, splitting up.

  When I opened my wardrobe the first thing I was faced with, was the immense number of hoodies I actually owned. Most of them were black, but I had a few in different shades, closer to black than not, so I just pulled out a random one, and went to look after big enough sweatpants to fit the lanky guy. I was sure they will not be long enough, but after a short debate, I just grabbed a random one and stormed out of the room, only to find our guest gone.

"Where is he?" I asked my flatmate, who was typing on his laptop while Cheetos was resting her pretty head on his thigh.

"Shower," Baek said easily, and didn't even spare me a glance, he was so engrossed in what he was doing.

  Sighing in frustration, I approached the bathroom and after knocking on the door, I opened it slightly and tossed the clothes on the toilet seat. I didn't dare to look towards the transparent shower cabin, because that was out of my league, since he was supposed to bang Baek Hyun that night, so I closed the door behind me, walked back to my dearest and set down beside him. To my surprise, he was looking up movies to watch, and it made me confused... Weren't they supposed to go out for dinner or something?

"What are you up to?" I asked, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Looking for a movie to watch with him. We decided to stay in, order a pizza and drink some cardboard wine. So much for my 'get ed' outfit."

"And what am I supposed to do? Listen to your whines?"

"To my what?" he asked in disbelief.

"Oh come on, you start yowling like a cat in heat when someone is giving it good to you," I with a mischievous smile.

"And how would you know that?"

"We live in the same apartment and we are besties since junior high. I think I would know by now."

"Great. Let's not talk about it, hm?"

"Just what I wanted to suggest. So, what am I going to do while you get the sweet D?"

"I was thinking maybe you could sleep over at Suho's?"

"Why Suho?"

"Because his apartment is nice and his girlfriend is out of town for the week for some I don't even know what, and he wouldn't mind, because you are his favorite."

"You say it like I am his puppy or something."

"I don't know... Aren't you?" he asked with wide, know it all eyes.

"What kind of suggestion is that? I am done... We are not friends anymore!" I said with fake attitude and stormed out of the living room to go and find my phone to call Suho and check with him, if it was okay for me to crash at his place for the night. He was okay with it, of course, so the only thing left was to pack a bag with clothes for the night and for tomorrow's classes, because I obviously wasn't going to wake up earlier just to come home and change clothes.

  By the time I was ready, Chan Yeol finished showering and was sitting on the couch, watching as Baek struggled with the TV stand, to set it up. Our guest looked all natural in my clothes, even if the sweatpants were short. He just rolled it up, and that was it. The hoodie however was a perfect match, and I had to stop in my track to take in his whole look, because I just recognized the hoodie. It was his hoodie, at least the one I stole from him.

"Thank you for the spare clothes," Chan Yeol spoke in his soft, husky tone, and it rose goose bumps all over my body. "I had this same shirt, but I lost it somewhere..." he remarked after a short pause, looking down at the hoodie, and smiling fondly.

"Well, if you like it that much, you can keep it," I said with a cute smile, and walked towards the door to get my shoes. My face was burning like hell fire, and I couldn't wait to get out of the apartment. I called an Uber earlier, and the driver just sent me a text, that he arrived, so I was really in a hurry.

"I will return your belongings clean and neatly folded, no need to be too nice!" he shouted after me, voice way to cheerful.

"Whatever," I said in a dismissing tone, and exited the apartment, leaving the two lovebirds to tend to their own business, and I headed over to Suho.

  Luckily, the driver wasn't a creep, so he only asked for the address and drove in complete silence. Suho lived in a small house, on the outer circle of the town, so it took us about twenty minutes to get there, but it was worth it, because the always so caring guy prepared hot tea and snacks. When he opened the door, he wore a button down which has seen better days, and faded blue jeans, strolling around the place barefoot, and purple hair dye marking his forehead. It was hilarious, and I immediately made a run for a paper towel to clean his skin from unwanted dots.

"So, you got kicked out," he stated the obvious as we were setting up his couch, preparing a blanket and pillows for me to sleep with.

"He is hooking up with Park Chan Yeol, and the last thing I wanted was to hear it."

"With who?" asked Suho with wide eyes, clearly remembering our little conversation in the library about my one night stand with said guy.

"Yupp... With him. And his timing is the worst... Just when I decided to give it an actual try, and ask Chan Yeol out..."

"You wanted to ask him out?" this time, he looked even more surprised.

"It is not fair I can't remember a thing about it. I want to experience it again. He looks hot as , and I feel cheated," I said with a pout on my face.

"Hye Lin, you know, it doesn't work like that, right?" he asked, and pulled me down onto the couch, looking at me with real concern in his eyes.

"That is the worst part! I want to..."

"Honey, how about you find an actually available guy and settle for him? It is not that impossible... We will be going to Kyung Soo's wedding soon, maybe there you will find the perfect guy."

"I don't want a romance with him... Well, I wouldn't oppose to that idea either, but since his will be inside Baek, the idea isn't that attractive any more. I just wanted to have actual memories of that night."

"Well, you said it yourself... With his d-"

"Don't, please... Don't finish that sentence," I interrupted him hurriedly, and put my palm on his mouth, which he . "Eww, gross..." I shouted as I pulled back my hand just to wipe it in his pants, but he only laughed like a seagull with a manic episode.

"Okay, it is 10:36. What do you want to do after we wash my hair?" he asked, changing the subject.

"Laughing at your crazy hair color? Is that a good program?" I asked, grinning sheepishly. 

"Other than that," hissed Suho and he looked hurt by my remark.

"Sorry, mommy..... We can watch a movie, or gossip about your girlfriend... How does that sound?" I offered with an apologetic smile.

"Go, get changed and I will find a movie," Suho said with an endearing smile and I followed his orders, disappearing in the bathroom to complete my night routine and change into my pyjamas, this time nothing see-through.

  After I was done, he joined me so I can wash his hair, because apparently he couldn't do it alone. I didn't mind though, because this way I was able to make fun of his pink hair. He scolded me after we were done, but it was worth it, even if he looked admittedly hotter with his new look. We settled for a romantic comedy, "Think like a man" which was a decent choice, not considering the fact, that I fell asleep halfway through it, and woke up to the sound of sizzling bacon and the coffee machine grinding the beans. 

A/NGuess who's back, back again? It is me, your beloved author. I hope you liked this episode, because this is the one, that really gets the action going! You can see more of the character interactions, how close the best friends are, and you can start speculating, what on earth will happen in the future. Have a lovely weekend! B.