Fifth

Thinking Out Loud (EXO fanfiction)

"Good morning, Hye Lin!" greeted me Suho, still in his pyjamas, eyes barely open and a book in his hands.

"How can you read so much?" I asked in disbelief and walked up to him to take the book from his hands and read the title. 'Good Omens' by Neil Gaiman, which made me smile wide, because he finally listened to me and picked it up from the library.

"When the book is good, there is no limit," he said while placing two plates on the counter and parted our breakfast in equal portions. "Dig in!"

  We ate and had a debate about the book which seemed endless, because he had so many questions and comments to make about what he read. The food was long gone, and we were still talking about the part with the misprinted bibles, which was one of my favorites from the whole book. Finally, when we were almost late from classes, we decided to get dressed, put away the dishes and leave the house. I wore brown, knitted, long sleeved shirt with blue jeans, ripped on the knees and ankle booties in the same shade as the shirt. I paired them up with a baseball cap and sunglasses, looking like a real celebrity in incognito, while Suho was his always charming self in dark green, long sleeved shirt and black jeans. His hair was in nice contrast with the dark shirt and his pale skin.

  To everybody's surprise, he owned a motorbike, so getting to the University was no problem. Months ago he bought me a bright pink helmet, way before he got together with his current girlfriend, and after a long time apart, I was reunited with it again. It looked lovely on me, even if I had to take off my baseball cap to wear this one. And why did Suho buy me a helmet months ago? Because we planned a trip to Scotland on motorbike, and I needed one obviously if I wanted to go with him. Sadly, after Sofia appeared, she took my helmet and she went to Scotland with Suho, which was a sour pill I had to swallow.

  After we parted ways, I went to find my favorite flatmate, whom I actually found sitting outside the main entrance in the midst of a tonsil surgery, with his tongue down Chan Yeol's throat. My guess was that last night turned out to be successful.

"Excuse me gentlemen, get a room," I interrupted them with a grin on my face, and sat down next to Baek Hyun, who groaned in disbelief.

"You have worse timing than your son," he spat while turning towards me.

"Did he interrupt something last night?"

"Did he, Chan Yeol?" asked Baek with irony soaked voice.

"One of the dogs kept barking while we were in Baek's room and the next door neighbor threatened this morning to make an official complaint the next time something like this happens," admitted Chan Yeol, and I couldn't compose myself anymore, it was too funny. However, my laughter only earned me a shove on the shoulder by my flatmate.

"I am so proud of my son..." I said, beaming like an idiot. "But, judging by the way I have just found you, I highly doubt he managed to disturb anything."

"Well, I'll let you two discuss these matters," blurted out the tall guy and after pressing a swift kiss on Baek Hyun's lips, he abandoned the crime scene.

"Jesus, this one... He was so good, I was never this satisfied in my whole life," said Baek Hyun immediately after his lover disappeared. "I regret dragging this for so long."

"Dragging it?"

"I was not sure how and when to ask him out. You know, with him being the Student Council President and having people hanging on him all the time, I wasn't sure of he was actually dating somebody or not."

"Apparently he was waiting for you," I said with a faint smile.

"If I could just tell you how good he is with his tongue, Jesus... I am still blushing," he exclaimed with indeed red cheeks, glowing like a beetroot.

"Spare me from the dirty details, okay?"

"Well... It's not like you wouldn't already know," he said with a mischievous smile spread out on his face.

"I don't remember a thing from that night, I hope you are aware of this fact?"

"He does..."

"HE WHAT?!" I asked in shock.

"After you left, he asked me your name and some things while the movie was downloading, and it turned out, unlike somebody, he remembers you. He has quite fond memories of your performance that night."

"Jesus Christ, why couldn't you just lie about who I was? This is so embarrassing..." I whined while burying my face into the palms of my hands.

"As I said earlier, he recognized you. Luckily, my charms were enough to make him forget about that conversation in about twenty minutes," he said.

"I have to go to class and throw up in mouth on my way there, sorry..." I whispered exaggeratedly rolling my eyes and trying to be as casual as a cucumber while doing it. 

  These news were worrisome, because I had no idea what Chan Yeol was going to do now that he found out I was the one night stand that got away, taking his beloved hoodie with her. The only calming thing was, that he seemed smitten with Baek, not really caring  about me or that damn shirt, or the drunken we had more than a year ago. I still felt cheated for not remembering the concrete act of banging him, but with him dating Baek Hyun, it was pointless to lament on this matter further. 

  After abandoning him, I hurried towards the classroom, where the professor was setting up his map of England and another student was placing thick volumes on each table of whatever novel we were going to study next. I set down in the second row and pulled out my notebook for notes and also my phone, which was blowing up with incoming text messages. They were all from Suho.

From: Suho 10:15 am.

"We are going to a Tom Odell concert!!"

From: Suho 10: 15 am.

"I won two tickets!!"

From: Suho 10:17 am.

"I can't believe this!!"

From: Suho 10:17 am.

"I am the luckiest fella out here..."

From: Suho 10:18 am.

"You want to come, I hope"

From: Suho 10:18 am.

"What do you think?"

From: Suho 10:18 am.

"Can you make yourself free this Friday?"

From: Suho 10:18 am.

"I am about to go and pick up the tickets."

From: Suho 10:18 am.

"You want to come?"

From: Suho 10:19 am.

"Hye Lin, don't ignore me!!"

From: Suho 10:19 am.

"Giiiirl!!!"

From: Suho 10:19 am.

"Notice me, senpai!!"

To: Suho 10:20 am.

"Jesus, Suho! Stay where you are! I'll be there in 5, just don't leave me behind, okay??"

 His texts were rumbly, however, they made me jump up from my seat and sprint out of the classroom, almost running over two girls who were peacefully going to class. I met my friend where we parted ways half an hour ago, and the first thing I did was pulling him into a bone crashing hug, because I was so thankful he thought about me.

"So, are you planning on telling me, how on earth did you win two tickets to my future husband's concert?" I asked while putting on my pink helmet.

"It was an online show and I tried my luck. It's no big deal, really..."

"NO BIG DEAL?! Suho, you do realize, I wanted to go to his concert ever since he debuted, right? And you won two tickets... You might just have became my favorite person!!" I shouted in excitement, and hugged him again, bumping our helmets together.

"Okay, chill your . I am happy if I was able to brighten your day," he said with a sweet smile.

  We rode to the radio station, where he was supposed to pick up the tickets, but he left me outside, because apparently he needed me to watch out for his backpack or something. I was leaning against the vehicle, spacing out and watching car after car as they passed me, when I saw her... It was Sofia, Suho's girlfriend, but she wasn't alone. She was with a guy, I have never seen before, and they seemed really loved up as they were sitting at a table, in front of a café on the opposite side of the road, holding hands and playing footsy under the table. I stared at them in disbelief, because wasn't she the overprotective one? For a moment, I really debated going over and bashing her head on the table, but then I thought about my friend, who had no clue about what this snake was doing behind his back, so I did nothing, just waited patiently for my friend to get back, which happened shortly.

"I was thinking, maybe we could go and have a whole day without going to university," said Suho as he walked up to me and put on his helmet.

"How about we go back to classes and hang out after them? I kind of need to be there at the next course, because I have that presentation about 'Good Omens'...

"I have today off, because the prof is out somewhere doing research or something. Can I come to your presentation?"

"Jesus, you act like a little brother, following me around," I remarked with a faint smile while positioning myself behind him on his motorbike. "Of course you can come, but I don't want to spoil the book for you."

"I'll live," he said in a dismissing voice and started up the engine.

  My seminar went by in a blink of an eye, and it was a complete success, even with Suho sitting in the back row, acting as a five year old, completely stripping his mature aura. I almost cracked up and laughed, but his mission was a failure after all, because I managed to keep my calm, only to smack him after my presentation was over and the professor dismissed the class. Despite this playful atmosphere, every time I looked at him, I imagined his face when he'll find out about his cheating girlfriend. How crushed he will feel after such betrayal. He loved her and gave up so much to satisfy her, and yet, she went and had to cheat on him.

"So, what do you want to do today?" I asked him as we walked towards the great entrance.

"I was thinking maybe we could play some video games and play with your dogs..." he offered.

"You always know, what I need," I disclaimed and to surprise him even more, I jumped on his back to demand a piggy back ride to the motorbike. To an outsider, our behavior must have looked like we were madly in love, but in fact, we were just really close, having a lot in common, and resonating on a spiritual level. I liked him a lot, but only as a big brother, and anything slightly harmful to this goofball worried me way too much. That was the reason I felt so conflicted about his girlfriend, because I wasn't sure which would be the better choice; telling him or staying silent and letting the situation unfold by itself.

  Upon entering the apartment after a short ride, we were faced with Park Chan Yeol's side, while he was ing my flatmate into the couch cushion. It was traumatizing, to say the least. Cheetos and Brutus were nowhere to be seen, and it worried me even more, however, I slammed the door shut the moment I realized what was happening.

"I think we should give them some time to organize themselves..." I stuttered standing on the hallway, with blazing red cheeks.

A/N: Tada! This was the newest episode, I hope you liked it. It is a bit longer than the previous ones, and has more action as well. Rereading this story, I find it that it is a ChanBaek fanfiction in disguise, and I'd be curious what do you think about it. I haven an inkling, that it will be fun! Just you wait ^^ Have a nice weekend! With lots of love, B.