Jihoon's Milky Boy

Room 17

When Jihoon felt something cold pressed next to him, he knew something was wrong. The thing is, he’s not ready to wake up yet and even if it’s the end of the world, he’s not going to wake up if he doesn’t feel like it.

So he chose to ignore it.

He shouldn’t have. When he finally woke up, he heard an unfamiliar yet irritating voice.

“He’s been sleeping for so long, is he still alive?” A familiar laugh erupted and a low voice replied.

“Jihoon slept longer before, this is nothing, Jun,” Jun. Where did Jihoon hear that name? It sounded like a name he heard recently but can’t put a—

Oh.

Jihoon sat straight when he finally realized what was happening. He glared at the three figures in the room, two alive and one... not really. Wonwoo was in the middle of shrugging while Soonyoung was sitting on his bed, chips on one hand and the other holding a phone. The two looked surprised but Jihoon mostly focused on the ghost floating right beside his bed.

Jun brightened up as Jihoon felt a storm inside him brew. What in the world is he doing here? Didn’t Seungcheol kick him out yet? That stupid business major.

“Get away from me,” Jihoon said bitterly. He glared at Jun who looked taken aback. Ha! Take that, not everyone in this apartment likes you.

 He heard the door shut and when he shifted his focus away from the annoyance in front of him, he realized his two roommates made a dash for it. Jihoon merely shook his head and looked back at the ghost in front of him.

He was smiling again.

“Good morning!” Jun said brightly(?). Jihoon didn’t react so Jun greeted him again.

“Good morni— oh, I mean, good night... uh, wait no that’s wrong...” Jun tumbled on his words as he tried to find the correct way to greet the small man in pajamas. Jihoon didn’t really care, he just want the ghost out. He left the comfort of his bed and pushed the extremely cold ghost out.

“Don’t come near me again.” With that, Jihoon shut the door.

XOXO

A knock interrupted Jihoon.s train of thoughts. He looked up from the lyrics he was writing to open the door. Most of his friends were out today since it was a rare free day from the University so he was curious as to who was knocking at his door.

Did Soonyoung forgot something? Maybe Wonwoo felt sick?

As he was about to open the door, he heard muffled voices. One sounded like Minghao and one sounded like that annoying ghost. Jihoon prayed that it was just Minghao and when he opened the door, he let out a huge sigh of relief when all he saw was his Chinese friend.

“Hao, what are you doing here?” Jihoon asked. He looked around, just in case, and saw no annoying ghost. “I thought you went out with Mingyu today?”

Minghao was silent for a moment before laughing softly, “He’s with Wonwoo hyung.”

Jihoon nodded and noticed Minghao’s hands behind his back. “What’s that?”

Minghao’s eyes widened and he started to stutter, “U-uh, this? Uh... no-nothing!”

The older raised his brow and swiftly reached for Minghao’s hands. The Chinese man tried to escape but he can’t out trick Jihoon. Minghao let out  a defeated yelp as Jihoon grabbed the tiny box from his hands and inspected it.

“Is... Is this Milky Boy?” Jihoon slowly asked. the box in his hands were blue tied down with a ribbon. The top cover had a clear, transparent plastic on it revealing cookies inside.

Minghao nodded and looked away. Jihoon looked up from the box and raised a brow.

“Why do you have this?” Jihoon asked. Minghao shrugged and tried to casually answer. He looked awkward.

“No reason. I saw it and I thought it looked good, is all.” Jihoon smiled as he leaned closer to his younger friend.

“That’s impossible.” Minghao raised a brow as if asking Jihoon what he talking about. Jihoon handed the box back and patted Minghao on the shoulder.

“My friend owns the store and it’s impossible to get this today because all of their products were pre-ordered already. You probably heard about the new branch of Milky Boy opening close here, huh?”

Minghao looked a bit flushed as he nodded. “Haha hyung, you got me...”

“Yeah, yeah. Have fun eating that.”

Jihoon laughed and started to go back into his room. Before he can go back in, Minghao grabbed his arm.

“Uh, hyung, wanna eat together?” Minghao suddenly asked. Confused by the sudden invitation, Jihoon accidentally nodded.

After an hour of eating cookies and listening to Minghao rant in both Korean and Chinese, Jihoon felt relaxed. He was a bit stressed earlier but for some reason spending time with his friend really relieved him.

Maybe it was also the cookies? He did want to eat them for a while. Maybe it was also the cookies.

XOXO

Jihoon found himself seeing his younger friends more and more recently and less of that annoying ghost. Jihoon felt great without that pest and being with his friends somehow makes him more relaxed and inspires him more.

Jihoon felt like he’s on top of the world.

When he left his room, he greeted Seungcheol who also came out of his shared room. The older waved back but he didn’t move afterwards. He just stopped and stared at Jihoon. Wanting to know what’s up, Jihoon walked towards Seungcheol.

“Hey, are you okay? Did you finally break after weeks of calculating and ?” Jihoon joked. Seungcheol rolled his eyes before lightly ruffling Jihoon’s hair.

“Just glad you’re more open now.” Seungcheol smiled. Jihoon furrowed his brows. What is Seungcheol talking about?

“What?”

“You talk to the younger ones more now. You used to just randomly shoot quips about them but now you actually talk about stuff. I’m just glad you’re opening more to them nowadays.”

Jihoon thought about it and found himself agreeing to his older friend. He used to be very awkward with his younger friends but now they were close. After a one meal or two, he felt like he deepened his bond with them.

“You’re right. I do feel a bit lighter, like something inside me is now gone,” Jihoon replied.

 “You were able to make new songs?”

“Yeah, it’s amazing.”

Seongcheol gave him the thumbs up and left. Jihoon stood at the middle of the hallway, reflecting on the past before moving on.

When he came back to his room, he immediately woke Wonwoo and Soonyoung up.

“FIRE?! WHERE?!” Soonyoung screamed when Jihoon woke him up. Wonwoo snickered while Jihoon rolled his eyes. After seeing that he’s safe and there’s no fire, Soonyoung calmed down.

“Do you think I’ve changed?” Jihoon asked. His two roommates became quiet and slowly nodded.

Wonwoo leaned closer and said, “You talk to use more now. You also work less hours too, you slept early yesterday.”

Jihoon nodded as he took that in. He does find himself working in his songs faster recently and he did fell asleep at a reasonable hour yesterday. He really is changing.

“ Wow, Jun’s plan is working.” Soonyoung said and the room became deadly silent. Wonwoo’s eyes widened as he slapped Soonyoung’s arm. It was too late though, Jihoon already heard what Soonyoung said.

“Did you say Jun planned all this? He planned to make the younger ones close to me?” Jihoon said in a   quiet voice.

Soonyoung glanced at Wonwoo before nodding. “He... asked us to talk to you more. Spend more time with you and eat with you.”

“He also asks us to make sure you don’t work too hard and take you to impromptu breaks,” Wonwoo added in. Jihoon was silent for a while. He sat down on his desk and stared at his laptop.

Soonyoung was getting nervous by the minute. He was used to see Jihoon explode when he didn’t like what he heard but this Jihoon was the opposite. This Jihoon right now is quiet and that is scarier. He might explode when Soonyoung least expects it and he’d rather not be there when that happens.

When Jihoon suddenly stood up and grabbed something, Soonyoung almost screamed. He loves his small friend but he is terrifying at times. Scratch that, he was terrifying all the time, Soonyoung just got used to it.

The moment Jihoon was gone, Soonyoung immediately jumped into Wonwoo’s bed.

“What do you think he’ll do?” Wonwoo shrugged.

“Probably beat Seungcheol hyung up for not kicking Jun out yet, I don’t know.”

Soonyoung groaned before slumping. “We might have another ghost in this apartment soon.”

XOXO

Jihoon went out to the balcony and stood there for a while. Then, out of nowhere, he started to scream.

“JUN! WHERE ARE YOU?? COME OUT, YOU PEST!!!” He screamed at the top of his lungs. He heard someone yelling at him to go to bed. There were a few dog barks but no ghost.

Inhaling, he screamed again, “WHERE ARE YOU, YOU MOTHERER!!!’

More yelling and barking but still no damn ghost.

He opened his mouth again but before Jihoon could scream, a cold hand covered his mouth.

“Shhhh! You’re waking the neighbours up,” Jun whispered. Jihoon pushed the ghost away before glaring at Jun. He glared as hard as he can, as murderous as he can, as hateful as he can. Jun looked away, a sad expression on his face.

“Here,” Jihoon said as he harshly shoved something to Jun. The ghost looked down at his hand before raising it up so Jihoon can see it as well.

“A cd?” He asked.

“That cd has all of my written songs,” Jihoon replied. “You can have it.”

Jun’s confused expression suddenly turned brught and happy. “Really?!”

It physically hurt Jihoon to say this but he needs to. His mother didn’t raise an ungrateful brat after all.Just a lazy, stubborn one.

“That’s... my way of saying thanks.”

The sleeping city sounded so loud at that moment. Jihoon was quiet out of sheer embarrassment while Jun was quiet out of sheer happiness.

Jihoon flinched when Jun started to move closer and sighed in relief when the ghost stopped a bit further away from him.

Hand outstretched, Jun asked Jihoon a question he never imagined hearing:

“Can I be your friend?”

XOXO

A/N: YOOOOO!!! Guess who finally had time to actually write something?? Not me but I finally cheated myself into having one (meaning I ignored all those deadlines due next week because I feel like I owe you guys an update) I dunno when I can update next because honestly, school is low key eating up all my time at home. That and writer's block is a b*tch. Plus i kept on getting sick. Tsk tsk, I should exercise.

I hope you enjoyed this update cuz angsty woozi was so fun to write. I know I made mistakes so sorry for that ;;. I can't do grammar apparently so bear with me. If the story also felt like it was all over the place, sorry for that as well. I will fix that and any spelling mistakes later so yeah BYEEE