Mingyu Meant To Say 'No'

Room 17

Mingyu hates anything and everything related to the supernatural. He hates it to the point that he would rather get rained on and die due to fever rather than entering a slightly haunted looking house. He hates them that much.

So when a real life ghost appeared right in front of him, Mingyu felt light-headed. He grabbed unto Wonwoo who looked extra pale. It was nice to know he wasn't the only one scared.

"Hey! I think I'm Jun!" The ghost cheerfully (???) exclaimed while floating closer to Jihoon. The latter instinctively slapped the ghost in response. That seemed to bring almost half of them out of their reverie.

"What the ?" Jeonghan was the first one to react. He was followed by Hoshi.

"Holy guacamole, its a GHOOOSST!!" Mingyu had to cover his ears as his hyung screamed while clutchting to an also screaming Seokmin. The two would have screamed their throats off if Jihoon didn't slap them silly.

"Jesus, calm yourself!" Jihoon chastised. Jisoo, who was looking a bit disturbed, snapped his head at Jihoon.

"Don't say the Lord's name!" Jihoon smacked himself in the face. He gave his very religious hyung a dead stare as if asking 'Really? Now?'

Amidst all the chaos (the noisy duo screaming, Wonwoo and Mingyu turning into statues with an unsure Minghao holding them, and their hyungs screaming at each other), the ghost was just watching them. Mingyu noticed the awestruck look on the ghost's face and wondered: What in the world does that expression mean?

As their hyungs continued to yell at each other, someone banged a door open. All of them plus the ghost turned towards the noise and saw the three maknaes standing there, Seungkwan looking weirdly determined.

Hansol whispered something to Seungkwan but the latter smacked his American face away. To say Hansol looked hurt would be an understatement.

"Hyungs, chill!" Seungkwan ordered and strangely enough, Jihoon, Jisoo and Jeonghan shut up. Taking the silence as a positive thing, Seungkwan continued.

"I know you are confused right now and I know its shocking to see a real life ghost but let me—" Seungkwan stopped before dragging Hansol out. Chan moved back a bit, scared that the responsibilty to explain what the hell was going on would fall unto him.

"—let Hansol explain it to you guys!"

Hansol frowned before sighing. He glared at his best friend before explaining what exactly is going on.

"Ok so uh, the thing— I mean person here is Jun and as you all can see," Hansol swallowed his hesitation and continued, "he's a ghost."

"But he's a.. Good ghost? I don't know what people call good ghosts but Jun hyung won't hurt us. If he was bad, then the three of us," he gestured at the two behind him and himself, "would have been dead already. Also, Jun hyung lost his memories so he doesn't really know how he died and why he's a ghost so don't ask him about that."

Mingyu wanted to believe his dear dongsaeng, he really does, but the way Jun looked kind of freaks Mingyu out. He looked too pretty and handsome at the same time to be real. He's gotta be some fairy or some and Mingyu is afraid that maybe, just maybe, Jun was taking his sweet time before finishing them all. Heck, he must've waited to see all of them before going on a killing spree.

Poor Seungcheol hyung, he would come home only to see his friends' dead bodies. Oh the horror!

The more Mingyu thought of how Jun would kill them, the more he got scared of the ghost. Which was stupid really. Jun looked harmless but Mingyu being Mingyu, he still scared himself less.

"Lemme get this straight," Jeonghan said after a while. Everyone was looking at him, waiting for what he has to say.

"You are a ghost but you don't want to kill us?" Jun nodded.

"I promise! I never hurt anyone before and I'm not gonna start now," Jun grinned. Jeonghan huffed before holding his hand out. Mingyu almost screamed when Jun shook it.

'Will Jun possess his hyung?' Mingyu wondered.

"Then Jun... Welcome!" Jeonghan hugged Jun who happily hugged him back. The two seemed happy, Mingu wished it was the same for everyone else.

Even if the maknaes vouched for Jun, they looked surprised to see their hyung actually accepting their ghost friend that fast. Jihoon felt the same way as the maknaes.

"What the—! Hyung, how can you accept that... That ghost! You don't know what it will do to us!" Jihoon cried out. Someone gasped (probably Hoshi) at what Jihoon said but what he said was true. Jeonghan hyung accepted the ghost waaay to easily.

"Yah! Watch your mouth, you're speaking to a human being! Granted, he's dead, but he used to be human. Refer to him as one!" Jeonghan said. He has an arm around the ghost who looked a bit scared.

"But hyung," Seokmin interjected, "how can you easily trust him? I would't be as friendly if I were you. What if he's dangerous?"

This time, it was Seungkwan who responded. "Hey, didn't we say Jun hyung was a good ghost! Stop making him look bad!"

If Hansol wasn't holding the small man, he would have walked over to Seokmin to prove his point. Chaos was slowly returning as the whole group started talking at the same time.

"Be respectful you—"

"He's a GHOST! What do yo—"

"Omg, what if I die tomo—"

Literally everyone was trying to talk over the other. Mingyu was also shouting too but he didn't really understand what he was saying. It was just some bunch of gibberish he directed at Myungho. That earned him a smack in the back.

"Umm.." A voice said that somehow made the whole groups stop talking. Jun floated a bit higher until he was above everyone else.

Mingyu saw the ghost's cheery (??) smile gone and in its place was a frown. "I'm sorry if I'm causing you trouble.. If you want, I can just leave for a while so you guys can talk things out..."

Mingyu didn't realize what was happening until it happened. "No, don't leave."

He slapped a hand on his mouth as his eyes widened. Did he seriously just told the ghost to stay? Him, telling a ghost to freaking stay? What in the world was happening?

"What?" Myungho whispered near him. Mingyu gave his best friend a "I-don't-know" look and shrugged. He didn't really understand it himself. He hates ghosts, he hates anything supernatural-ey. Heck, he's terrified of Casper the Friendly Ghost. 

Maybe it was the way Jun looked that made Mingyu unconsciously guilty. Jun looked sad, lonely even, and despite Mingyu's very prominent hate on ghosts, he was a soft kid. He gets emotional at the smallest things. Seeing someone look so sad and lonely kind of reminds him of a certain person.

Said certain person was looking at him in confusion. Mingyu met Wonwoo's eyes and the older understood. Mingyu just digged himself a grave he cannot escape, not right now. He needs someone to help him, and he was glad that someone was his favorite hyung.

"Guys, let's all calm down. I think the events of today caused us to be jumpy," Wonwoo calmly said. "Let's all gather and talk things through. If Seungcheol hyung was here, he would be very diappointed at us."

Bringing up Seungcheol made the younger ones obedient whilst the older ones grumbled about "Seungcheol's authorative ". Jeonghan, being the second eldest, made sure everyone was all huddled up in their living room. By everyone, it means all of them plus Jun.

Mingyu warily glanced at the ghost and saw Jun place himself near the maknaes, far from Mingyu. Mingyu relaxed for a bit. No more confusing moments for him, at last.

"Ok, being the second eldest, I would be the one to decide what to do with Jun..." Jeonghan looked at everyone, "since the maknaes trust Jun and so do I, I believe that he should stay. A ghost roommate would be fun, you know!"

Mingyu would agree to disagree. It would not be fun. Nuh-uh, nope. He would rather die of boredom than have fun with a ghost. Nope, not today.

Jeonghan raised a hand and grinned. "All of you that agrees, say 'Aye'."

The maknaes (Hansol looked reluctant though), Jeonghan and Jisoo (who also looked reluctant) and surprisingly Myungho and Wonwoo voted for Jun to stay. When Mingyu felt eyes on him, he raised a brow.

"What?" He asked. Wonwoo nudged him while Myungho rolled his eyes.

"Mingyu, you're the one who didn't want the ghost to leave, so you should say 'Aye' as well!" Seokmin helpfully supplied. Mingyu snapped his head and his mouth fell open.

"What— no! I, well, I mean," Mingyu tried to reject the idea of wanting the ghost around when he caught Jun's eyes. They were full of wonder and curiousness and innocence—

"Ok, fine. Aye." Jeonghan cheered along with Chan and Seungkwan. Hansol patted Jun's back as the ghost literally looked like he wants to cry in happiness.

Mingyu felt someone pat him and saw Wonwoo smiling up to him. Mingyu smiled back but felt his smile to be more of confused rather than happy.

Speaking of happy, someone was currently not feeling happy at Jeonghan's decision. Jihoon stood up and stomped out of the living room and into his shared bedroom.

"FINE! TAKE THAT WEIRDO IN FOR ALL I CARE!! MINGYU BETTER BE THE ONE TAKING CARE OF THAT THING SINCE HE WANTS HIM!!" Jihoon shouted. Mingyu felt his eyes widened when Jeongan turned to him after Jihoon's outburst.

"Hey, Mingyu..."

 

XOXO

 

I'm backk. Sorry this took awhile since it also took me a while to figure out what was happening in this chapter too. As you can see, this chapter is ALL OVER THE PLACE. I literally had to rewrite this three times since I didn't like what I wroteee. Anywaysss, hopefully you like this one. I'll try to update before Friday but I'm not sure.