Seungcheol Got A Rude Awakening

Room 17

When Seungcheol got back from that hell of an outing, he just wanted to relax for a few hours before school s him up again. He just wants to relax, that’s all. He knows its kind of impossible since he’s living with 11 hyperactive kids that he calls ‘friends’.

 

Despite his friends countless flaws, Seungcheol does love them. He love them a bit too much at times. But no matter how much he loves them, he prayed to God that none of them were still awake because Seungcheol is too tired to handle their . Way too tired.

 

He trudged towards his shared apartment and knocked ever so softly. He waited for a bit (just to make sure no one opens the door) and sighed in relief. Then the door opened.

 

Seungcheol let out a shriek (a MANLY shriek) since he didn’t expect the door to actually open. He was stunned to see a stranger smiling at him. He checked the room number to see if he got the right one and he did. Room 17, their apartment.

 

“Uh… who are yo..” the question died in his throat when he realized that the stranger was floating. What the .

 

“Hi! You must be Seungcheol! My name is---” Seungheol didn’t let the weird to continue as he falcon punched him in the face. The stranger yelped in pain and floated back.

 

Seungcheol followed him, screaming like an idiot. He was tired and now he’s pissed. Who the hell was the guy? He better not be a thief because Seungcheol will definitely lose it. Well, he’s already losing it.

 

“AAAAAAAHHHH!!” The stranger screamed as he floated away from Seungcheol.

 

“GET BACK HERE YOU THIEF!!” The two ran and floated around the living room and Seungcheol forgot he was supposed to be tired. He only felt anger and andrenaline now. He jumped over the couch and tackled the stranger.

 

“GOT YOU NOW!” Seungcheol was sweating yet the stranger didn’t even break a sweat. His fingers’ were also cold from touching the other guy’s skin. Again, what the . The strange kid keeps getting weirder and weirder.

 

“AHHHHHH!! MINGYU!! MINGYU, HEEEELP!” the kid screamed as he flailed his arms under Seungcheol. He had a desperate look, like a deer caught by a lion.

 

“YOUR FRIEND MINGYU CAN’T HEL-- wait, what?” Seungcheol stopped. Mingyu? As in, his tall, culinary major friend Mingyu? The guy who has a big crush on that emo kid Wonwoo? THAT Mingyu?

 

When the kid felt Seungcheol’s grip loosen, he immediately freed himself and floated way up towards the ceiling. Seungcheol cursed and grabbed a nearby chair. He was about tho grab the floating kid when someone stopped him.

 

“HYUNG, STOP!” Mingyu exclaimed. He was later joined by Minghao and Seokmin. Mingyu stared at Seungcheol with wide eyes and a shocked expression. Seungcheol let the chair go as he pointed an accusing finger at the kid floating 6 feet off the ground.

 

“Care to explain who that is, Gyu?” Seungcheol asked in a voice the screams authority. Mingyu looked uncertain and the strange kid floated down towards them to hide. Minghao shook his head at Mingyu’s uncertainty and took a step forward.

 

“Cheol hyung, calm down first then we will talk,” Minghao said in a firm voice that made Seungcheol narrow his eyes. After a moment, he complied. He crashed at the sofa and let out loud groan.

 

“I just left for one day, ONE DAY! And everything went crazy.” Seungcheol heard Mingyu and Seokmin shakily laugh as they sat at the opposite side of Seungcheol. Minghao was nowhere to be seen, so is the weird kid.

 

“They’re getting Jeonghan hyung and Jisoo hyung,” Mingyu helpfully added in. Cheol nodded and closed his eyes for a bit. Ah, he wants to sleep. Now that he wasn’t busy chasing that kid, his tiredness came back at full force. He was about to fall asleep when a door banged open and Jeonghan’s voice boomed in.

 

“Coups-yah, hey!” Cheol hated that nickname and it was unfortunate that it stuck. He has Jeonghan and Jisoo to thank for that. Seungcheol sleepily glared at the incoming figures who crushed him in a bear hug. Jisoo was saying something but Seungcheol didn’t bother listening. Jisoo has those moments where you just don’t understand what the hell he’s talking about. How Jeonghan can live with that is a mystery for Seungcheol.

 

“Yeah, yeah, hi.” Seungcheol pushed his two childhood friends away from him and got straight to the point. He glanced at the kid behind Minghao and Jeonghan understood.

 

“Your explanation please?” Jeonghan and Jisoo stood up and they looked at each other, waiting for he other to start. Jisoo decided to be the one to explain things to their eldest.

 

“This may sound weird,” Jisoo started and pointed at the kid, “but he’s a ghost and his name is Jun. We all met Jun yesterday and so far, he’s been great. Other than the fact that’s he’s dead, he’s a normal kid. Well, being dead and floating and being cold and--”

 

Seungcheol raised a hand to stop Jisoo from talking and processed everything he just heard. So the kid he was just chasing minutes ago was a ghost and thus dead. Wow, can this day get any weirder?

 

“Why is he here? And why can we see him? Touch him even!” Seungcheol asked. Jeonghan was the one who answered him.

 

“We voted to let Jun stay since we, uh, felt bad. I’m the one who led the meeting. As for how we can see and touch him, we don’t really know. We just can. All of us can, apparently.”

 

Seungcheol raised a brow at that. He would have fought some more, throw a fit maybe, but after chasing the ghost kid Jun all over their living and getting that weird revelation really took a toll on Seungcheol. He just wants to sleep.

 

“Ok, I’m still not entirely sure that this is okay at all but I’m really tired. Let’s talk again tomorrow.” The moment Seungcheol said that, he passed out.

 

XOXO

 

He felt a strong force hit him on the side and Seungcheol fell from where he was sleeping. He groaned in pain and blinked away the sleep and pain. Who the hell woke him up? And by kicking him, no less.

 

“I’m gonna ing murder someone.” He was tired last night, can’t a man sleep?

 

“I can’t believe you let a ghost live here!” An annoying voice whined somewhere above him. Seungcheol pushed himself up and glared at Jihoon.

 

“Jihoon, you know I love you like a brother and I respect you, but I am this close from punching you in your tiny boy balls,” Seungcheol threatened. If Jihoon was a to wake up in the mornings, Seungcheol was worse if you woke him up by kicking him in his damn sides. Jihoon didn’t even blink. He just continued on glaring at Seungcheol like he wasn’t a freaking midget. (Seungcheol knew that Jihoon would freaking kill him if he knew Cheol thought he’s a midget).

 

“Why?” Jihoon asked. He looked like a little kid with his sweater paws and over-sized pajama pants but with with the way he glared, he looks like Chuckie ready to ing cut Seungcheol up. Seungcheol wants to say the feelings were mutual.

 

“Jihoon, if you wanted to ask me that, can’t you just wake me up like a normal person? God damn, that kick hurt,” Seungcheol said irritatedly. He was rubbing his sore part and sat down on his bed. How he got to his room, Seungcheol can’t remember. What he does remembered was the whole event from last night and he just concluded that this was the rudest awakening he ever got. That was saying something since he grew up with ing Yoon Jeonghan and Hong Jisoo. Those two were the rudest people Seungcheol knew, shocking isn’t it?

 

“I just had to let my frustrations out and I’m sorry I took it out on you,” Jihoon deadpanned.

 

“I’m ing signing you up for anger management sessions. God, you need help.”

 

“ you too, Cheol.”

 

“I know you’re irritated as right now but can you at least add a ‘hyung’?”

 

“ you too, Cheol hyung.”

 

“Good.”

 

XOXO

 

Seungcheol was eating bread when something cold touch his neck. “ing hell!”

 

He turned to see the ghost, Jun if he remembered correctly, and he sighed. He did want to talk to the ghost so he guessed this timing was good enough.

 

“Jun, was it?” Seungcheol called out, “can you come here for a moment?”

 

Jun floated near Seungcheol and waited like a good kid. Maybe he won’t be as bad as Jihoon was whining about earlier.

 

“Yes?” Jun asked in a small voice. Cheol smiled at him and prepared to apologize. He was pretty sure he scared the kid out last night with the way he chased him and all.

 

“I’m sorry for chasing you last night and scaring you. You must have been really confused and frightened.” Jun smiled back and shook his head.

 

“No, I guess I was at fault too. I’m still not used to being seen and all,” Jun explained. Seungcheol made an “ahhh” face before taking a bite from his bread. Well, that was kinda sad.

 

“I do feel bad for you, being dead and all but I got to be blunt with you, I’m still unsure if its okay to have you here,” Seungcheol said with a hardened face. It was still early in the morning and Seungcheol was already having problems. Oh the pains of being the eldest and thus responsibilities.

 

“Oh…” Jun looked devastated. Seungcheol hated seeing people look sad, that’s why he always ends up doing what the maknaes want. He was a er for puppy eyes and sad faces. He was such a dad sometimes.

 

“Jun, come on, don’t be like that. I would be totally okay if you stay with us but Jihoon would freaking give all of us hell if we all agree to let you stay. He kicked me this morning.” Seungcheol said. He was serious with what he said. He was actually okay with a ghost living with them but an angry Jihoon was not and he can’t exactly kick the little maniac out. Jihoon was still one of his best friends. Seungcheol was in a bind.

 

“What if…” Jun said slowly. “What if I befriend Jihoon?”

 

Seungcheol stared at the ghost and gave him a thumbs up.

 

“Kind of impossible but I hope it ends well for you,” and for me too, Seungcheol added silently. Jun beamed at him and Seungcheol’s eyes widened when he realized where Jun was going-- Jihoon’s room.

 

“, Jihoon will ing slaughter Jun-- and he’s already dead.”


Whooo my house finally have wifi and I can post this now. I'm actually proud of how this one turned out and I hope you like it too. byeee