Anniversary!

High & Low Higher Grounds 「Amamiya Kyodai」

Masaki and Hiroto had finally reached their destination. Every year, April 1st, they were visiting their parents graves. The only difference this year was, that Takeru was missing. They parked their motorcycle at the southwest side of the cemetery. Next they crossed through the graves. Masaki was holding a bouquet of white flowers. Hiroto resting his hands inside his pockets. They kept walking as a bitter aura was surrounding them. As they came cross their parents graves they stopped. The Amamiya brothers knelt in front their parent's burial place. Masaki placed the flowers against the tomb stone. Hiroto poured some sake on the cross above the tomb.

"Gomen (Sorry), this year its only us." Masaki said in a mournful tone. Hiroto didn't say anything he had just lowered his gaze at the grave. He had also the same grief-stricken mood like Masaki.

Meanwhile, Hikari and Aika had arrived at the same graveyard. Hikari lined up her motorbike at the west side. Aika dismounted the bike and started searching for Takeru's parents grave. Hikari locked the bike and she followed Aika few seconds after. A minute later Aika had spotted two men knelt in front a grave. She couldn't see their faces, but their let out the same dark aura as Takeru did. She approached them.

Masaki, spotted the young girl. He lowered his sunglasses just a bit to see the young lady walking towards them. He stood up. While Hiroto choose to ignore her. Hikari was still far away. But she could see Aika talking with two men. Who, somehow, looked familiar.

"Is this Amamiya-san's grave?" Aika asked. The young lady had noticed the surname on the tomb. But still she needed to know, who those two men were.

"Yes, that's true but.." responded Masaki as he was scanning her.

Hiroto with a lower tone asked "Who are you?" He had noticed Aika, but his gaze was still pinned at their parents grave.

Masaki took his sunglasses off and placed a smile on his face. He was once again back in his flirty mood. "Miss, what business do you have with our parents?"

"Parents?" Aika was confused. That meant that Takeru and they are related. But she couldn't finish her line as few men dressed in white appeared.

The two siblings turned and noticed the men. "Today is a busy day." said Masaki

"A! (Yes)" agreed Hiroto.

"Our parents would be overjoyed." added Masaki as they walked forward and faced the men.

"Um.. sorry for the trouble." said one of the men dressed in white.

Masaki wanted to know "You came all the way here." There were too many people showing up.

"Hand over the girl!" demanded another.

Hiroto with his hands still in his pockets asked Aika "Are they your guests?"

Though the men kept asking with a rude tone "Give her to us."

The sibling looked at each other. They could tell trouble was about to raise. Masaki placed his hand on Aika shoulder and told her to go. Hiroto followed them. They didn't want to fight in frond of their parents graves. Masaki let Aika few steps away. Then both of the brothers faced the few men in white. It took only few strikes and they were already on the ground. Act that didn't impress Aika that much, as it did Masaki.

Hikari rolled her eyes as she found Masaki trying to impress Aika. She noticed them, since Aika was talking to them. She wasn't sure if their were the 'Amamiya'. Their appearance there, puzzled her. But for now she was worried about the men in white that had shown up.

"Aren't we cool?" Masaki asked hoping she would be impressed with his fighting skills.

"It's not over yet." said Aika, as she noted few black cars lining up close to them.

"Why are there so many people here for this girl?" Masaki voiced and he walked next to Hiroto.

"Stay here!" ordered Hiroto as he gave a fast glance at Aika.

"But..." she tried to talk but she was cut off. "You'll get in our way." he added. Aika agreed and stayed behind.

The fainting sounds of kicks and punches, became more noticeable now to Hikari. She was standing next to Aika staring at the men fighting. She was sure, those were the Amamiya. And although she was curious, why they were there. For now, she tried to step up and fight with them. But Aika grabbed her and pulled her back.

"We better not interfere." suggested Aika. She was still pulling Hikari towards her.

The young detective pause and looked at the combat that was happening. Indeed those two didn't need any help. Hikari knew that. After all they fought side by side once. Though today they moves seemed straight and deadlier. She sighed and remain behind Aika. After all the men in white were already escaping.


"Aare, where did the girl go?" Masaki wondered as he searched around for her. He spotted her soon and was over floated with joy "Ah! There she is." "How was it. It's over now." he went on saying. Masaki tried to hug her. Aika pushed him back with force while Masaki tried to hug her again.

"Do you know who those guys were?" Aika said serious as he was trying to block Masaki from hugging her.

"I don't." answered Masaki honest. He didn't care about the men. He was hyper about the Girl in front of him.

Hikari shook her head. "He never changes." she mumbled to herself.

"You're an idiot." said Aika clearly.

"An idiot?!" Masaki repeated. "I didn't get a "thank you" at least."

While those two were arguing. Hiroto found a black pin with Kuryu Group logo on it. He knelt and grabbed it. "It seems like they were from Kuryu." he defined as he throw it at Masaki.

"Kamizono Group." corrected Aika.

Masaki asked serious now "Kamizono?"

"They're one of the groups in Kuryu." added Hiroto. While he faced Aika closer. He asked her with a bad attitude "Speaking of which, who are you? Why did you come to our parents' grave?"

"Someone told me to come." said Aika.

Hiroto fired up "Who?"

"Takeru-san." responded honestly Aika.

Masaki serious faced her "Do you know something about our brother?"

"Where is he?" demanded Hiroto.

Aika explained "I can't contact him. That's why ended up here. Hoping to met him."

"Ts!" Hiroto pissed, turned his face right and froze for a second as he only then spotted Hikari.

"Let us hear you story?" said Masaki before he was cut off.

"Why are you here?" Hiroto buzzed Hikari "Since when are you here?"

Hikari sighed "What kind of question is that. Why are you here?" she asked him with the same irritated tone.

"Our parent's grave is located here." replied Masaki. He was also puzzled how Hikari ended up there. But he was glad to see her.

"Your parents?" Hikari asked baffled.

"They seem to be Takeru's brothers." Aika pointed out answering most of Hikari's questions.

Hikari pause once again to process all the new information. "Takeru's siblings." she murmured. She could see the connection. But it was still hard to accept.

Hiroto grabbed her arm and pulled her close to him "You know Aniki?"

Hikari nodded "I do. I know him for a year."

All three turned and looked at her confused. Now more questions were raising.

"You were in contact with Takeru all this time?" Masaki said.

Hikari nodded again. "Yes. But I didn't know it was your brother." she clarified.

Hiroto pulled her one more time to get her attention "When did you last see him?"

"It's been a long time. But Aika saw him last." Hikari said.

"We shouldn't talk about it here." Aika suggested "Let's go at Takeru's place."

"Aika!" Hikari shouted at her. If Takeru didn't involve them he had his reason. "I'm not sure we should involve them!"

Hiroto pulled her again and rose his voice "Them?! It's our brother, and we have the right to know. More than you do."

Hikari freed her arm and stepped back. "Don't pull me around." she voiced annoyed. "Okay." she agreed and got her mobile. She type Takeru's address and send it to Masaki. She had his number since the day she found his bike. "I sent the address. Let's all meet there and talk about it."

"Agreed. We need to change too!" Masaki informed her as he opened and read the text message that Hikari send him. "Let's go Hiroto!" he said and left. He sat at his bike and waited Hiroto to follow.

Hiroto sighed as his deadly gaze was pinned against Hikari. He was pissed at her, that she knew about Takeru all this time. And they didn't. "See you then there." he said and followed Masaki.

Masaki and Hiroto left. Hikari drove Aika into town. "Take a taxi. And we will meet at Takeru's place." she told her and left. Hikari needed to change also. Everyone went their way, until they would meet in few hours out side Takeru's place.

((Next Chapter: 9th Act))