Feel So Alive

High & Low Higher Grounds 「Amamiya Kyodai」

The creaking, the sea noises, and the absent fighting vibrations. They were surrounded by the musty, oily, salty smell of the ships and the ocean, and realized how sharp one's senses become in the dark. Every place has its own scent, a peculiar mixture of organic growth and human industry, of must, paint, wood and vermin. A far scars of bright lights hung in the bat-black sky. Pointing where the fight took place. As they drove closer, smells of Titian-red blood filled the air as men wailed and screamed. The fight had started, S.W.O.R.D. were answering back at the latest threats that the Mighty Warriors had given them.

When the fight seemed to have reached the lowest. More doubt members entered the scene. And winning was like an unreachable dream. It was that point when the Amamiya brother, and Watanabe showed up. Like a storm of arrows that buzzing and fizzing through the battle area, all three motorcycles cut through. Their present causing most of the Rivals to back off like waves. Their arrival was most than welcome. The outcome right away changed.

Everyone from S.W.O.R.D. burst farther into the main area. Each gang dropped in for their own reason. Cobra and Yamato to deal with Kohaku. The White Rascals to save the girls that Doubt allured. The Rude boys to rescue Lala. Even the Amamiya Brothers and Watanabe were there for Lala. The septic smell of sweet hung over the fighting field. It was a fight of head-clasping horror. The acrid taste of blood rose up every minute.

Ukyo and Sakyo manage to shut the road, as they dropped a cargo container. Before the cargo reached the ground, Amamiyas brother, and Watanabe passed under it. The battle leveled up to a second base. Masaki and Hiroto hit and punched through some doubt members, Hikari was following. Both brothers covered the scene, she didn't even throw any hit yet.

"Where is the girl?" asked Masaki a doubt member who had already reached the ground. Hiroto next to him, with his hands inside the pockets waiting for an answer. Hikari behind them.

She felt a goosebumps through her spine as they roam through the fight zone. It was years she was involved in any fights. But never in multi encounter like that one. She wasn't scared, nothing could terrorize her these days. Mostly she would avoid any kind of trouble, first due to her work and secondly it wasn't her business to save the world. Though the pounding and pummeling blows and hits under a beamless sky, got her heart rate to advance. In a bizarre way getting her alive.

"Over there!" said the doubt dude as Hiroto freed him. All three headed to the direction were Lala and the rest of the girls were stored.

Suddenly their way was blogged. More doubt guys showed, followed by Ice. Hiroto and Masaki pause. As Ice stood and the middle gazing at Hiroto. He had already made up his mind and wanted to fight with him. "We meet again. Let's settle this." he announced as he cracked his neck.

"Brother, Take care of the rest." said Hiroto as he got the hint. But he wanted also to fight with Ice.

Hiroto's and Ice's duel had already started, as the first plug against Hiroto. Since both were skilled, their combat had reached another level. Their punches and kicks had a different impact on their bodies. The sound of fracturing and rupturing hits filled the area. They gave a different sensation as they kept fighting each other. Pain was just an illusory sensation for both of them. That their minds could shut down if it needed to. They could simply put it aside.

Next to them Masaki and Hikari were wrestling with the rest of the Doubt members. Most had surrounded Masaki first with simple wooden sticks and later with fire sticks. But their abilities were far lower than Masaki's. He could stand his ground and that was noticeable. He didn't need to put much effort to over power them.

Hikari noted once more how well trained both were. Everything she had heard about the Amamiya brothers wasn't an illusion. She tried to keep her defense up. She dealt with Masaki's leftovers. At least those were easier to handle. But around that time she didn't noticed one of them was carrying a knife. She only felt a deep pain on her right lower side. And only then noticed the blade ripping out of her skin. She absorbed the trauma, swallowing the pain. She hit the man hard causing him smash against the nearest cargo. She covered the injury with a cloth she found close by, hoping the bleeding would pause.

"Come!" said Hiroto as he cracked a smile. The fight with Ice indeed was a rough one. But he did enjoy it. He dwell deep into the fight, not noticing anything else.

Ice was the same. He was overwhelmed by the fight. "Interesting." he commented and went on with the attacks.

Moments later, the doubt members fighting with Masaki had fled the scene. Hikari kept pressing against her wound trying to hide it. The general fight was also over since Kohaku had lost. The only ones dueling still were Hiroto and Ice.

"Looks like it's over." Hiroto murmured out of breath and well beaten.

Iced still fired up, wouldn't stop. "It doesn't matter!" he said keeping the fight going.

"Hiroto! Seriously, you guys are still fighting." Masaki showed up behind Hiroto with Hikari.

"Ice!" the Mighty warriors also appeared behind Ice.

"Kohaku, lost!" Pearl notified Ice as he showed his thumb down. Iced and Hiroto pause the fight. Though Ice was still into the mood to fight more. He kicked the barrel next to him, trying to calm down.

Nine added "Let's make a new plan." His team was trying to get him back to his senses.

"Ice, there is no point continuing this." Bernie said.

"We won't gain any money from it." Pearl agreed as he was bent against the ground resting "Let's go for the next one."

But he still walked forward to face Hiroto. "Ice!" Sarah called him last. Only that made him give up.

"Then that's how it is. See you soon, bro!" Iced gave his salut towards Hiroto as he kept his eyes pinned on him.

The Mighty Warriors retreated. Masaki and Hikari walked next to Hiroto as he cracked a smile, breathing heavily.

"Let's get Lala!" Hikari said and by passed them to reach the container were the girls were held.

Though Hiroto, grabbed her and pulled her back. "We will check it first." he voiced. Maybe the fight had finished. But they couldn't be sure if there were more doubt members hanging around. He didn't want the annoying 'sakura helmet girl' to get hurt.

Hikari frown, as she remain behind. Masaki revealed a light smile, as he looked at his brother. After all he knew Hiroto better than anyone.

Hiroto opened the door. Thankfully only Lala and the rest of the girls were inside the cargo. He knelt down and help her to get up. "Its alright now." he said in a softer tone. Behind him Masaki and Hikari.

"How is Aniki?" Lala asked Hikari when she saw her there.

Hikari tabbed her shoulder friendly and let her know that everything was alright. She tried her best to keep her figure straight as her wound was getting colder and more painfully.

The fight was over, and SWORD had won. But the war wasn't. There were more problems to raise, more deadly enemies to come cross. But for now everything was put an ease. Some peaceful moment would follow, before the storm would wake up again, and spread more terror.


Back at the Nameless city...

The Rude Boys, The Amamiya Brothers, Hikari and Lala drove back at the Nameless city. The Amamiya brothers returned to find out about the older brother. Watanabe to get some more information about Saigo. It was almost dawn as they parked their bikes in frond of the place where Smokey was resting. Hiroto entered first, to talk with Smokey. Takeshi helped Smokey to seat up, once more. After Smokey ensured that his sister was alright, he told Hiroto everything he knew about his brother.

"Thank you." said Lala as Hiroto was about to leave. He got the information he wanted. There was not any other reason to stay behind.

"Save the greeting for your brother!" he said as he gave a last look at Smokey.

"Are you going to meet him?" Smokey wanted to know.

Hiroto nodded "That's why we've been trying to find him." His plan was to inform Masaki first. And after their parents death anniversary (few day after). They would go search for Takeru, if he didn't show up.

Hikari had also received her answers. Pi tipped her off that neither Saigo or any other police officer showed up. Though before the fight, he did appeared around the Sannoh District. Hikari thanked him.

When Hiroto walked outside. Masaki was sitting at his bike waiting for Hiroto. As for Hikari she leaned against her bike. The reason she had not left yet was her injury. She could hardly move. Her face looked whiter than before. And she couldn't stop the bleeding. But she had no intention to show her weakness. She would wait for the Amamiya brothers to leave, and then she would take care of herself.

"Have you finished!" asked Masaki his brother. He was also tired. He needed to learn about Takeru.

Hiroto nodded "Yes, Let's go!" He glanced at Hikari finding odd the way she was sitting. He passed next to her, and sat on his bike.

"You will stay here?" asked Masaki. "And you never told me your name?" he said with his silly flirty tone. Hiroto rolled his eyes. Indeed he knew his brother. But sometimes it got him super annoyed to seem him act like that.

Hikari with a lower tone mumbled "I will soon." but she had not the strength to commen anything else.

Hiroto tilted his head. Indeed he didn't know the 'sakura helmet girl' very well. But her answers were always loud and clear. She sounded a bit off. And she surely didn't look any better. He climbed off his bike and walked over standing in frond of her.

"I think we forgot something." Hiroto said as he was scanning her from head to toe, trying to find out what was wrong.

Hikari lifted her big expressive dark brown eyes and gazed at him. "Forgot... what?" she muttered, making even Masaki worried.

Hiroto couldn't figure what was wrong. The wound and the blood was well hidden by the black fabric, but he was sure she didn't seem okay. "The slap I receive earlier. Get up!" he uttered "What are you waiting stand up!"

Masaki rubbed his head confused. He surely missed some scenes. "When did she slap you?" he asked, finding it amusing.

Hikari sighed. Neither her stamina or energy were helping her to stand up. She felt dizzy. Her lower side was already sore. Though she gathered the rest of herself and stood up. She took a step towards Hiroto. Half shivering and pressing on her wound she asked him "What to you want..." But she never finished her line. Her eyes closed. She lost track of herself and fainted.

Hiroto kept his gaze pinned on her. He was sure now something was wrong. He didn't manage to finish his thought as the 'sakura helmet girl' crushed against him. He grabbed her and held her towards him. His left hand holding her from her arm and the right supporting her lower side. Though he felt wetness and removed his hand. Then he noticed the blood. Worried now, as fast as he could he lifted her shirt only to see the deep wound.

"Aniki!" he called Masaki who had also noticed the wound.

"It looks serious. Let's get her at the hospital." Masaki shouted.

Hikari, who got for a bit her senses back, tighten her grip around Hiroto's jacket, getting his attention. "No, please. No, hospitals." she only manage to say before falling in a deeper sleep. If they went to any hospital she would have to explain how she got the wound. And for a detective to getting mix in gang fights. She would lose her job for sure. She could afford that. At least not before finding her brother's killer.

Masaki then remembered when she helped him with his bike. He was sure now, she was involved with the police. "Hiroto, Let's bring her home and treat her wounds." he said serious at Hiroto.

Hiroto sighed. He wouldn't follow his brother suggestion. But he could tell, there was a reason she had to avoid hospitals. Hiroto turned the light brown colored hair girl around and picked her up. He walked towards his bike sat down and placed her in frond of him. Letting her body leaning against him. He and Masaki drove off.

((Next Chapter: 6th Act))