Found you!

High & Low Higher Grounds 「Amamiya Kyodai」

The white noise whoosh of traffic could be heard in the back ground. A day had already passed, and Tomorrow was April 1st. Hiroto and Masaki didn't have much to talk about. Masaki was watching the news as Hiroto cut him off and sat next to him. The aura surrounding them was rather dark and sad. Hiroto after grabbing a bottle of cold beer (from the old fridge) sat next to Masaki (who was already drinking a cup of whiskey). Sometime later, Hiroto turned the T.V. off and turned to walk away.

"Tomorrow.." said Masaki with half smile on his face and pointing on his younger brother "don't oversleep."

Hiroto half span his body and gazed at Masaki "You're the one that always oversleeps."

"Be quiet."

Masaki asked "Nah. Do you think Aniki will come tomorrow?"

Hiroto, while facing his bedroom door answered with a Low voice "I don't know."

"It's already been one year since he went missing." Masaki went on saying as he played with his drink.

"Even if we find more clues, we get excited for nothing." responded Hiroto depressed "It'd be great if we could find him this time."

Their conversation ended there. Hiroto went to sleep. Masaki remain at the sofa for the rest of the night.


Meanwhile Hikari had also reached home. She went to her parents home. Earlier today she got some very bad news. While She was busy looking for any new hinds about her brother's Killer. The young detective had forgotten to contact her close friend. She hadn't met Aika after that night at the club. Today she found out that Aika's farther was dead. She tried to call Aika at her cell phone but it was switched off. She dialed at her home but no answer. She went to her friend's house, looking for her. But nothing.

Later back at the station Suzuki informed her that the case was dropped. He also told that Aika came by Division A looking for her. Really worried about her. She took few days off work. She reached her parents home hoping to come across more information. Thinking that maybe Aika tried to contact her. And she was right.

"Hikari, are you alright?" her mother quizzed when she noticed Hikari entering home.

She took her shoes off. Then strolled towards the kitchen where her mother was. "I'm fine don't worry!"

"You don't look fine. What happened to your clothes. Dirty? And you shirt? Is it even yours?" her mother buzzed her.

Hikari bent her head and looked at herself. Her clothes weren't clean. She was still wearing Hiroto's shirt. 'Damn, I forgot to change.' she thought. "I'll have a shower later. Okaza, did you see Aika lately?"

"Aika-chan. No i haven't. But She called a week ago I think?" her mother noted her.

"What did she say? Did she tell you where she's staying?" Hikari asked her mother.

"No, she said she would call back later. Why did something happen to Aika-chan?"

Hikari nodded "Hm.. Her farther was murdered and she is missing."

Her mom jumped up. She didn't hear anything about the killing. "Make sure you find Aika-chan then. I didn't notice that something had happened to her. I'd offer her to stay with us!" she said serious.

"Don't worry. I'll find her!" she ensured her mother.

Hikari, checked their land line. She couldn't find the number from where Aika had called. She asked Suzuki by phone to track the number down. He guaranteed her, he would find it. But it would take some time. Hikari thanked him.

Then she went to change her bandages and have a shower. She found it easier yesterday when Hiroto dressed her wound. Today she finally noticed the line of the stitches. Hikari took a closer look. "Are they kidding me? What is that?" She mumbled to herself. Now she guessed why Masaki waited her to be upset. And she would be, but she was worried more about Aika at the moment.

It was almost dawn when the detective called. He gave her the number and the address of the land line. The name that the line was registered wasn't familiar. But the number was. She had called that number many times this year, when she needed information. It was Takeru phone number.

'Wait. This is Takeru phone number. How did Aika called from this number? ... That means she met with Takeru. I have to drive over. Maybe she is still around..' Hikari went on thinking as she drove at Takeru's place.


At the Amamiya Kyodai apartment...

"Masaki! Oi! Weak up!" Hiroto shouted at his older brother. He had fallen asleep at the couch. The television was still on. Though Masaki didn't response. Hiroto went in his room and changed. He wore his black suit, a button white shirt, even a tie. He fixed his hair, wore his aftershave. He put an effort in his looks. It was because today was a special occasion. They would go visit their parent's grave. How could he be any less dressed? Though it should be noted that the Amamiya Kyodai always took care of their looks. The clothes they would wear. The accessories. The hair style. Everything was always in place.

When he was done. He got out of his bedroom, only to find Masaki still sleeping. "Oi, Aniki!" he yelled loudly. He was sure the neighbors heard him. And thankfully Masaki did too.

"Good Morning!" he mumbled as he glanced at his younger brother.

"Get up!" Hiroto shouted again, as he was getting pissed.

Masaki nodded. He yawned and sat up. It took him few minutes to wake up. Then he went inside his room and stripped his clothes. He wore equal black suit as Hiroto, white shirt and a tie. He fixed his hair and wore his sunglasses. "Hiroto, let's go! We need to get some flowers too!" he added.

Hiroto followed him, and rolled his eyes since he was trying to weak him up for an hour or so. Both brothers got on their bikes. After getting some white lilies they drove at the graveyard, where both of their parents were buried.


At Takeru's apartment...

It's been awhile Hikari had showed up around Takeru's place. Last time she met with him, Takeru told her he would get deeper in the "game" to find more informations. He asked her to wait and not show up around his place. Although Hikari went by few times, since she was worried about him. As she didn't find him there, she stopped showing up.

She parked her bike outside and walked up the stairs.

She was wearing a black short dress, with her leather jacket and her boots. The clothes she had in her parents house weren't like her casual ones. Anyway she didn't care much of her outfit at the moment. She needed to find Aika. She didn't knock on the door. This time she looked at the spare key above the door's casket and unlocked the door. Everything went down fast. The door opened and crashed against the wall behind it. Aika, who was standing at the middle of the room, was taken by surprise.

"Hikari?" she said in denial. She couldn't believe that her old friend was standing there. "Is it really you?" she asked her and rushed and gave her a hug. She was more than happy to see Hikari. "How did you find me?"

"Gosh, Aika! You worried me to death." Hikari responded and hugged her back, making sure she was alright. "First tell me how are you?" Hikari's priority was Aika's well-being.

Aika smiled ensuring her that she alright. "I couldn't find you anywhere!" she said with a crack tone.

"I know. Suzuki-san told me the basic. I also find the number you called me. So, I ended up following you here. I am really glad nothing worse happened. Tell me what happened?" Hikari requested to know.

"Otoza got killed by Kamizono Group. The police did a field investigation and confirmed it as a suicide." Aika sat down and started to explain to Hikari.

"There is no way it could be a suicide. I know they drop the case. But I had no idea your Father had any connections with the Kamizono Group. Those are part of the Kuryu Group. I can see why Takeru interfered. But How did you meet Takeru?" Hikari revealed.

"Hikari, he didn't have anything to do with them. You know Otoza used to defend people who were being tormented by loans. Since then, there were some cases related to the Kamizono Group. He looked into their information and was able to get his hands on a USB with confidential files of the Kamizono Group..." Aika revealed as with a whinny tone.

Hikari sighed. She could tell the rest of the story. "So they wanted the USB. And went after your father. So, he ended up dead. What happened to the USB? And how did you escape?" Hikari went on asking.

"The day the showed up. I was at home. Otoza gave me the USB and told me to run. He also told me not to trust anyone else. I escaped. I didn't know what to do. My mobile was at home. I couldn't contact you. I tried to find you at the police station. But you weren't there. I tried to learn what happened. I was told he was dead. And that the case was closed. I got scared and run away. While lost and hiding, Takeru saved me one night. He offered me a place to stay. He entrusted me with his secret. So, I ended up living here." Aika concluded.

"I see. Aika where is the USB now? How about Takeru?" Hikari questioned her "It may hold information that we can use to bring the Kuryu Group down."

"Takeru-san left the USB with a friend to encoding it. We couldn't by pass the encryption. He works with the Kamizono Group for almost a year now." Aika replied.

Hikari sat down a bit confused. She never really knew how Takeru got all the information. She guessed he had his ways. But she didn't know that he actually worked with them. "That's why he didn't want me around. And have you seen him lately?" Hikari asked really worried.

Aika shook her head "No, for days. That's why i was heading out to go meet him. There is a place he  could  surely be today."

"Aika, you know more than I do. I only knew Takeru was trying to reveal those who killed his parents. Where can we find him?" Hikari said.

"Today is his parents death anniversary. Takeru-san told me, in case anything went wrong. I should go there. I know where their graves are." Aika told to Hikari.

Hikari stood up "Alright, let's go then."

Aika followed her. Both girls had to share the one seat that Hikari's motorcycle had. For once they didn't think it over. They needed to find Takeru. And then find the USB. But they had no idea what they would step upon.

((Next Chapter: 8th Act))