Mugen Road

High & Low Higher Grounds 「Amamiya Kyodai」

Tatsuyaleft the "Mugen" and opened "Itokan Diner" in Sannoh RegionHe with and Kohaku created the "Mugen" (infinity); meaning that they would drive to the infinity. Back then the gang had no leader, they were only friends hanging together. But things changed. Tatsuya was no longer around. (No, he wasn't yet dead.) The group of four (Kohaku, Tsukumo, Cobra and Yamato) and the rest of the Mugen won against the Hyuga Gang.

The Hyuga were a powerful gang. They were sent by the "Kuryu Group". (Because the Kuryu Group needed the area -that later split in five districts, and five organizations rose to the top took over each district called the S.W.O.R.D.). News traveled fast, that The Mugen had won. After that more members all around the town started joining the gang. Mugen became powerful. Controlling all the region. Kohaku became the leader. The Mugen had more gangs submit to their will.

The Mugen name became well-known. Not only around the Kuryu Group. It also reached Watanabe Hikari. The detective had started digging in Kuryu Group business. Watanabe began the investigation on her own. She was keeping track, trying to find anything she could to take the Kuryu Group down. She knew and she knew it well; It wouldn't be an easy task. Kuryu Group had connections everywhere. In the police, in court, in politics. It was important part of her life to reveal Kuryu Group identity. She had her own reasons (reasons we will find out later.) Since Mugen grow and grow, the detective had noticed that it caught Kuryu Group's attention.

Watanabe Hikari. Was the only child of the Watanabe and the only heir. The Watanabe Family were a very rich and powerful cooperation. Her grandfather had build the financial cooperation on his own. He was a respectful man, and had never used any illegal means. His only son, walked on his father footsteps. He succeeded the business and made it the biggest around Asia. He married young and had two kids. Hikari the youngest. And an older son, who was murdered. Hikari was in middle school. Her dream was to become a lawyer and work for the family business. She talked so many times about that dream, even her close friend Naruse Aika was influenced by that. Aika was only an elementary student (back then). She saw Hikari as her big sister. (Hikari was 6 years older than her.)

Aika followed Hikari's dream and she studied hard to become a lawyer. On the other hand Hikari abandoned that dream, since the day her brother died. She lost her way. And from a respectful young lady. She became a Yankee. She was part of a female gang called "Pink Sakura" Even a small gang the Sakura. They taught her many things all four years she was an active member. She got a bike driving licence. She even bought a bike. She was often called the "Speedo Sakura" because her driving skills were supreme. She was accurate and fast, very fast. She also fought a lot. It didn't matter if it was a boy or a girl. If she was challenged she would always agree. With years she became better and better with fighting. And when she was in her final year in High School, and the leader of the Sakura. It suddenly hit her.

She decided to study hard. She needed to find her brother's killer. She found a new dream: to become a detective. At first her family didn't agree. The only successor, turned away from her legal position. For her catching the culprit was more important than money and power. In the end her parents gave in and agree to let her study what she wanted. She even had the support of her Gang. She had to step down from being a "Sakura member" but she kept ties with them. (And honestly every member still thought her as their leader, even if Hikari asked them every time to stop calling her that.)

Hikari was around 5'5'' (165 cm). She had an average high, neither too short or to tall. She had a slender and slight work out figure. Her weight was 110 pounds (around 50 kg). She had a fair and pale skin, with some Freckles around her nose. Her face was thin, with a light oval shape. She had big expressive dark brown eyes. She had thin rosebud pink lips. A small flat nose. Her hair was light brown colored, stiff, with shinny wavy and curly shape. She was always wearing stylish (mostly Casually attired) skinny jeans, sports shirts and runners. She was 3 years younger than Hiroto. It's almost two years, that she was officially working as an detective and only few months she was promoted at Tokyo Metropolitan police, Division A.

As for her Character traits, behaviors and attitude. She was a strong wave of mixed traits. For the people close to Hikari, she was a Honest, Loyal, Kind, sincere person. (Who cared, protected and helped her loved ones.) For the people she was working with, she was a Determined, Persistent, Adventurous, Charismatic and Bossy Detective. When Hikari was only a middle school student, she was charming, cheery, playful and funny. But after her brothers death, she changed little by little. She became mean, Rude, Selfish, Bold, and sometimes even cruel. Her talks were rougher, but smart. She was daring and fearless, stubborn and psychotic when it came to catch a criminal. Though deeply down she was still lost, and didn't know her true colors.

From a "Sakura Gang" Member to a promising detective, she had gone a long way. Longer than she even thought. She even surprised herself sometimes. That she managed to keep up with out forgetting, with out revealing what her main cause was. And what was more shocking, was that there were more people researching the "Kuryu Group". Most have lost a love one, family or friends. And although most of those killings seemed like accidents. They were only staged as unexpected events. But most of those were planned and executed by the "Kuryu Group" or their associations. She randomly managed to meet people, who were after "Kuryu Group". That gave her research more clues. And one day she met Takeru. Who had also started looking into his parents death. Of course she didn't know Takeru was the elder brother of the Amamiya Kyodai. Both only kept contact few times when they had any new hints to exchanged that would make their search easier.


It had been days that Masaki and Hiroto had not talked with Takeru. His phone was disabled and Takeru never showed up in the apartment the three brothers were living. It didn't matter how much they searched for the elder brother, he was no where to be found. Lately they were looking around the Mugen district. How fast that gang became so well-known and gathered so many members?

"Oi, Hiroto! I don't think Aniki (Big Brother) will be here.Masaki said as they have reached an alley close to the Mugen territory.

Hiroto had just turned into the alley with out even noticing that in the end were hanging few of the Mugen new members. "Just to make sure we have covered every spot." Hiroto answered. He stepped his feet against the ground and looked at his brother.

Meanwhile, at the other side of the Alley Hikari was talking with Tatsuya. After the Hyuga Gang attacked the Mugen Tatsuya has noticed that Kuryu Group was showing interesting in their district. Hikari ended up one day randomly dinning at Itokan Diner. There she met with Naomi's brother and they had a long talk. Tatsuya explained his worries about The Kuryu Group. And since it had to do with the Kuryu Group it caught Hikari's attention. Today Hikari had a meal in Itokan Diner, and Tetsuya walked few blogs with her.

"Tatsuya-san, I can find my way from here. You don't have to worry!" Hikari told him as she was looking for her bike's keys.

The man nodded "I am sure you can take care of yourself. But The Mugen lately became dangerous. I don't know what's going on with Kohaku. I have to talk with him But the gang changed as all the new members joined."

"I noted that. Lately The Mugen's name is referred many times. You should have a long talk with Kohaku-san." Hikari suggested as she sat on her bike.

Tatsuya agreed. He gave his good byes and returned to Itoken DinerHikari turned her bike on. When she was about to leave she noticed at the end of the alley two men in black and leather on their bikes. And few of the Mugen new members. She could tell they were about to start a fight. She turned her bike around and drove over.

"We haven't seen you here before?" One of the Mugen new gang member asked the Amamiya Brothers.

"You guys aren't part of the Mugen, right?" Asked a second one on the left.

Masaki took his sunglasses off and glared at them "Huh? Mugen?" he asked.

"Yeah, Mugen!" another member yelled. Hiroto moved his head aside and smiled. As the guy went on saying "You know about them right?"

Hiroto climbed off his bike and come face to face with the man. He still had his ironic smile on his face. "We do!" he replied calm. On the end of the alley Hikari had already reached few steps away from them. She turned her bike engine off and watched.

Masaki who was still sitting advised his brother "Oh! Hiroto! Let's go home!"

"Wait a moment. We're working hard to protect this town." the guy on the left notified Masaki.

Hikari tilted her head 'Protect the town?!' she thought. After all she knew what bad news the new members of the Mugen became.

Meanwhile, the guy had already sat in front of Masaki's bike and he demanded "As a token of your gratitude you should leave us all the money you have."

"Huh!" Hiroto almost flipped as he was easily fired up. He was face to face with another guy of the Mugen gang.

"You know what happens when you mess with the Mugen, right?" the guys stepped closer towards Hiroto.

Hikari let her feet touch the ground and pause there staring at the men, and mostly turning her attention to Hiroto. She could tell the Mugen new gang members. But the two men in black. "They aren't with the Mugen!" she whispered to herself.

"Or are you willing to fight us?" asked the Mugen member and kicked Hiroto's Bike's tireHiroto with out even thinking had lifted his arm, formed a fist and punched him in the face, causing the guy almost facing the ground. Masaki didn't wait he had already jumped of his bike. Hikari calmed, watched them. She was off work today, there was no reason to stop them. But even if she wanted. She was alone with out back up. There was no way she could win over.

Hiroto stormed off against two more members. His punches were deadly. Punch and fall. Masaki tried to stop his younger brother. He grabbed him from behind "Hiroto stop it!"

But Masaki was kicked by another guy. It pissed him off. His face expression changed. "I'll kill you!" he yelled and kicked the guy. Of course Masaki would regret it later. But he was always like that. Hikari chuckled. Few seconds earlier he was trying to stop his brother, and now he was also fighting.

Few kicks and punches and the Mugen guys were already beaten up. Hikari noted that those two were not just random people. They knew what they were doing. She stepped closer only to hear Masaki complaining "I did it again!" He would end up always regret it afterwards. Hiroto walked closer to a member that was sobbing on the ground.

He grabbed his hair and pulled it, facing the guy. "Where is your Leader?" Hiroto asked seriously.

Masaki who was already regrading what they did called him off "Hiroto!"

"Lead us to him." Hiroto asked him ignoring his brother.

"Seriously. You don't listen to your brother!" complained Masaki.

Hikari knew already two things about them. They were strong, and they were brothers. Back on her mind she already acknowledged who they were. " I see trouble. Big trouble!" she mumbled as she stepped even closer.

Hiroto freed the man and walked behind Masaki. He put his hand against his neck waiting for Masaki to follow. He wouldn't let it rest. He wanted to meet with with the Mugen's Leader. He suddenly noticed a girl standing only few steps away from them. He tilted his head. Since the girl didn't seemed neither scared, or surprised. It was like she knew exactly what happened.

Masaki, sighed. But he ended up agreeing with his brother. He climbed on his bike, after HirotoHiroto totally ignored the girl. He was in a rush to deal with those "Mugen" As for Masaki, when he noticed Hikari they had already passed the alley. He was sure, he saw a girl there. If he would seen her earlier, he surely would talk to her. Masaki was such a player.

As for Hikari, she said "You better stay out of fighting with the Mugen." (But no one of the brothers heard her.)


And she was right. After few days the news were all over the place. That the "Mugen" and the "Amamiya Kyodai" fought. Hikari noted then that the two men she had seen the other day were the Amamiya Kyodai. But after that incident, Hikari had more serious issues to take care off. At the same time Tatsuya was killed. And although most of the police officers refereed to it as an accident she knew it wasn't an accident. Kohaku went missing. His best friend Tsukumo was hospitalized. The Amamiya brothers, were hiding. Hikari turned her attention fully on Kuryu Group. She met with Takeru often. Since things became more complicated. She was busy trying to figure what was going on. Months passed and around that time a new order rose. "S.W.O.R.D." was created. All five of them were holding the cities balance now. Balance that was about to get broken by the Kuryu Group.

Our story starts shortly after...

((Next Chapter: 2nd Act))