The awful truth

High & Low Higher Grounds 「Amamiya Kyodai」

At Itokan Diner...

"I see..." Noboru said. The lady hacker had just explained him few things about the USB. And it seemed that they already knew each other from before.

"I need two thing. The first one is that I want to borrow this place. The second one is that I want you to help out this intellectual gangster." notified him the Hacker Lady.

"Jeez, stop talking like that!" Noboru complained.

"Were did you both meet?" suddenly Masaki cut them off. He, Hiroto, Aika and Hikari were there as the Lady hacker had suggested. The rest of the Hoodlum Squad, gazed at them oddly. Cobra was only listening for the time being and Yamato wasn't yet there.

The Hacker lady explained "We met on a site. When he was in Iemura Group, he asked me to take care of all his network related work."

"Iemura?" wondered Masaki.

"That belongs in the past." ensured them Noboru. While the door entrance opened and Yamato was finally there. Hikari, raised her gaze and sighed. She didn't say anything but she had noticed trouble.

"It's so dark! At least turn on the lights, ugly." Yamato commented as he was walking towards Naomi.

"You are so annoying!" Naomi added and pointed at the Amamiya brothers.

Only, then did Yamato noticed Hiroto and Masaki half sitting at the tables behind Noboru and the hacker lady. "What did you guys come here to do?" he rose his voice serious. Hiroto glared at him as Yamato strolled over, ready to start a fight. "Why are the Amamiya Brothers here?"

Hiroto stood up and came face to face with "angry" Yamato. They both seemed ready to start what they didn't finished in the past. But Cobra wouldn't let it slight. "Yamato. Leave it." he voiced.

"It seems that Kuryu is involved." Dan added.

"Kuryu?" pondered Yamato, while he was still glaring at Hiroto.

"Yes! The data Kuryu wanted to destroy might be in this." explained Chiharu.

"If we leave this alone, there may be more casualties." Noboru made it clear. They had already come cross how Kuryu groups do their business. They couldn't just ignore it.

"We can't just turn a blind eye." said Cobra.

Yamato breathed deeply. He really was pissed enough to punch Hiroto's irritating face. But he decided to leave it for now. And he just kicked the wooden table next to them.

"Sorry for the intrusion." Masaki spoke as he could tell they weren't welcome around the Sannoh district. "Aika-chan, let's go."

"We'll leave it to you." said Aika and followed Masaki.

Masaki, Aika and Hiroto walked towards the main door to leave. Only Hikari didn't follow. She had still few things to check with the others.

"Amamiya." Cobra uttered with a low tone making all three to pause "We still owe you a favor." Then he took few steps in the middle of the room. "With this, we're even."

Masaki turned around and dashed over, where Cobra was standing. He places his hand against his shoulder and assured him "We weren't going to ask for one anyway. Contact us when it's finished."

Cobra nodded.

"Hikari aren't you coming with us?" Aika asked her as she noticed Hikari didn't follow them.

"No, Aika. I'll stay behind." Hikari told her.

"Are sure?" Hiroto asked. He rose his eyes and pinned them against Hikari. She confused him lately. 

"Yes. I'll find you later. " responded she.

"I suppose they don't know you are a detective?" Cobra asked her after they three left. There was one more place to visit. Their parents factory.

Hikari shook her head. "Only Aika. I need to find Takeru. The rest has nothing to do with them. So, when we do find him. Please keep an eye on Aika." she asked Cobra for a favor.

"You don't need to ask." he ensured her.


At their dead parents factory...

Meanwhile, the group of three reached the factory. It had been almost 10 years they visit that place. There were too many things that they had forgotten. And that place would remind them everything. Memories, emotions and truths.

"This is where we became real brothers." murmured Masaki with his hands half pushed against his pockets. They had just entered the ruins of the factory.

Aika was confused "What do you mean "real brothers"?"

"The only one who isn't related by blood is me." Hiroto confessed with a depressed tone in his voice. Then he stepped outside. It was still bothering him that they weren't related by blood.

"Hey. What is he talking about?" asked Aika curious.

Masaki decided to tell her the truth "Hiroto is the son of our mother who our father got remarried to. He suddenly became a younger brother that day and had to be taken care of from that point on."Masaki went on explaining everything to Aika. As Hiroto was standing few steps away.

"Takeru, thinks you as a brother. Related by blood or not." Hikari showed up behind him. She had followed them after she finished her talk with Cobra and the others.

Hiroto was looking at the ground, as her fair voice surprised him. With his hands inside his jacket he glanced at her. "Few hours ago you didn't even know that he had any brothers." he said.

"True. But the Takeru I came cross with, wouldn't treat you any different." Hikari guaranteed him. Why did she ended up comforting him? Even she was confused with her own actions.

"Maybe." Hiroto said and turned around.

Hikari kicked him lightly at his side "Cheer up. We have to find your brother first. Then you can act like a cry baby."

But the chat was cut there as Masaki remembered at that point the connection that his father and Kamizono had. "It was Kamizono. The one who collected our father's debt." he finally recalled.

Hikari sighted. Now they would surely connect the dots and find out the truth.

"Hold on. If that's the case, the newspaper articles in Takeru's room..." figured out Hiroto.

"Because of that, our father was murdered." added Masaki " Takeru investigated Kamizono's intentions and sneaked into the group to find evidence. Probably for revenge."

The brothers looked at each other and then at Hikari.

"Nuh! Tell us!" Masaki asked her serious than ever.

Hikari sighed. She hated to involve them. But they had already figured out what had happened. "Takeru. Takeru, was trying to take his revenge this year. And he was looking for evidence." Hikari blurt out.

"Then why didn't you tell us." Hiroto yelled at her.

Hikari lean against the broken wall behind her. "It wasn't my story to tell." she clarified.

Hiroto walked up to her and slashed his palm against the wall next to her. "I don't get it. The way you think. Our brother is missing. And you keep hiding things." he uttered.

"That's why I am helping to find him. But to share his story, it's not my job. If Takeru want to tell you everything. You should ask him." Hikari responded loudly. She stared at Hiroto.

Hiroto bit his lips. Hikari could piss him easily. Her views were different of his. He could say, she was thinking a bit like Takeru. "You..."

Though their argument was cut, when Aika received a call. They had found finally Takeru. They returned at Itokan Diner. They got all the information. The Amamiya brothers as well as Hikari asked Cobra and the rest to keep Aika with them. Aika wanted to follow but they wouldn't let her. It was too dangerous. Honestly, Masaki and Hiroto wanted to go alone, with out Hikari. But they couldn't stop her. Only the thought that she could finally find the real killer was enough for her to walk through hell.

((Next Chapter: 11th Act))