FIGHTERS

High & Low Higher Grounds 「Amamiya Kyodai」

Few months had passed already. And things didn't get any better for anyone. New problems were raising daily, that made one thing clear 'how corrupted the system was'. And that Kuryu Group was involved in most of those "problems". With Kohaku and the Korean Mafia to add more troubles. The only bright part was that S.W.O.R.D become closer and they were acknowledging each other.

Things didn't get any better for Hikari either. Since she had lost her two main contacts (who were able to acquaint her about her brother's death). Now she only was briefed in by the Hoodlum Squad (as she kept contact with them) about everything that had occurred. Though, it didn't give her any new clues for her brother's case. She also met the leaders and some of the rest of S.W.O.R.D. members (when ever they showed up around the Sannoh District).

As for the Amamiya Brothers the only clue they manage to get was, that their older brother showed up around the Nameless city. Although Masaki, didn't believe that their brother would ever be around those parts. Hiroto dragged him along to check it out. They showed up at the worse times. The Nameless city was set on fire the night before. The Rude Boys found out that the Mighty warriors were behind it.

At Tokyo metropolitan police department...

"Watanabe-San! Watanabe-San!a coworker called Hikari a few times until he could get her attention.

Hikari was drawn into old cases (cold cases). When ever she had time, she would search again and again, any case that could have a connection with her brother's case. "Eh?" she lifted her head to look at middle age bold man who was calling her. "Yes, Suzuki-san!" she responded.

"Watanabe-San! It's your day off. You should get some rest." the detective suggested as he was closing his handbag and was getting ready to leave.

Hikari nodded (as she always did) and kept her eyes pinned against the screen. "Are you heading out, Suzuki-san!" she asked him.

"Yes, I have to report yesterdays fire. Saigo-san went to look into it. But someone has to do the paper work." he replied.

Hikari attention was caught as she heard Saigo's name. "Wait, Suzuki-san. What fire?" she asked as she stood up. She knew when ever Saigo's name was involved the Kuryu Group would be behind it.

"You didn't hear Watanabe-san?" the man was surprised. "You always find out things, even before us. There was a fire under the Rainbow bridge. The locals there call it 'Nameless city'. It was really serious." he explained.

"Why on earth didn't anyone tell me?!" she yelled (mostly to herself). She grabbed her black leather jacket and her phone. "Thank you for fill me in Suzuki-san!" she said and run off. On her way to get her bike. She was half worried and half curious about what had happened. She would get her answers soon. She climbed on her bike. Wore her helmet and drove off towards the nameless city.

(Note: Few weeks ago she had met Lala as she was involved with the drug factory that they Iemura founded at the Nameless city. And although the case was closed. Hikari found out the truth from Yamato. At the time as she was looking for clues she come face to face with Lala. They had a rough beginning but they manage to cooperate in the end. Hikari promised not to tell anything to Smokey and Lala told her anything she knew about that drug factory.)

At the burned Nameless city...

"It's bad!" Hiroto said as he and Masaki showed up around the city, which housed the Rude Boys. They gazed all around. Everything was covered in ashes. The fire burned most buildings down. People were injured and scared.

Masaki sighed "Let's go home." he said with as sad tone in his voice "I can't look at this anymore." He turned around not really believing what he was seeing.

"What? We just got here." Hiroto argued. He really needed to find a clue about his older brother. And he wouldn't go anywhere until he would get his answers. Even if it wouldn't make any sense. The only hint they had for months was only that Takeru was spotted somewhere in Nameless city. And that was worth to look into it.

Though Masaki wasn't convinced "Our brother wouldn't be in a place like this. Let's search somewhere else." He walked away sure that they older brother would never show up in places like those.

Hiroto closed his eyes and felt his neck dropping his head behind. He faced the filled with smoke sky. Suddenly next to him passed Smokey and the rest of the Rude Boys. They exchanged few serious gazes, as they by passed Hiroto. Hiroto nodded his head and bit his lips. He could tell what was about to happen. As well that maybe the leader of the Rude Boys may knew something about his brother. So, he followed them.

Behind them a few second ago, had also arrived Hikari. She pause her bike when she saw Lala, talking to a kid. "Lala what happened?" she asked as she turned her bike off. She also looked around not believing what had happened. "Is everyone okay?" she asked.

"There was a fire last night. Everything was on fire." she stated sorrowful.

"Who did this?" Hikari wanted to know. She knew the Kuryu Group didn't do their business like this. They were more shaded group. And tried to keep everything hidden. But this was an open attack. It didn't fit the Kuryu Group's profile.

"Aniki was told that the Mighty Warriors did this. Hikari they are going to meet with them. I worried about Aniki!" Lala sombed gazing at her brother leaving with the rest.

Hikari pause. Her brain was wheeling like crazy but the name "Mighty Warriors" didn't remind her of any gang she had ever heard. She was sure that the Kuryu Group wasn't behind the fire at least. "Did anyone from the police show up at least?" she asked Lala.

Lala shocked her head "No! None came. We manage to put the fire out on our own!"

Hikari was confused. 'Then were did Saigo go?" she thought. She tapped Lala's shoulder. "Don't worry. I will follow them." Hikari said. Normally she wouldn't interfere in any kind of fights. She was not a Hero, or a rescuer. Her mission was to find out what had happen to her brother. And to help those that she thought as friends and family. She thought Lala as a friend, and only that reason was enough to make her follow Smokey and the rest.


At the Mighty Warriors District...

Few of the Doubt members were showing up holding empty beer casks. They were gathering as many casks as they could leaving them all around a main area, where most were gathered. It looked that they were already informed that they Rude Boys were on their way there. And so it was. They Rude Boys showed up balancing around the cargo containers, and taking few of the black dressed guys off. As they suddenly faced Tsukumo and Ryu, who were talking. Doubt men surrounded them, while they were hitting their poles against the containers getting all the attention.

Smokey gazed at them fired up. They had already done enough by burning the Nameless city. He, Pi and the rest took the first step ready to attack. One after other of the Rude boys who were at the top of the Cargo, were dropped down recklessly. As the fight started.

Tsukumo took a puff from his cigarette and asked Ryu "Is this what you wanted to show me?" Ryu found him inside a container where Tatsuya's bike was, and asked him to follow him.

"No, it's this." replied Ryu as he gave a signed with his right hand. The place started to get smashed with glasses, as beer bottles were thrown or kicked out of trash cans.

"Get Up! Climb higher!" few of the Rude boys yelled as the bottles were thrown at them cutting their skin and injuring them.

Hikari had just arrived. She stopped her bike few meters away, but could clearly see what was happening. She could tell that the new threat wasn't any better from the Kuryu Group. She glared at them and got of her bike. This time she didn't even need to over think it, if she should help or not. What was happening before her eyes was brutal and unfair.

"If the neighborhood is trash, the people who live in it are trash as well." Ruy said calmly as he was watching "To think that they would get caught this easily." Tsukumo put off his cigarette, and left. He didn't find it amusing at all.

Hikari had spotted the two. She didn't know Ryu, but she knew exactly who Tsukumo was. "Why is he here?" she mumbled to herself. She had a bad feeling about that. Last time she checked Tsukumo was a friend of Cobra, Yamato and the rest. Plus he should be in hospital. She shocked her head and moved fast towards Smokey.

"Takeshi!" Smokey said loudly pointing at the metal water tower to him. Takeshi took the hint. He run towards Smokey who helped him climbing up the container.

Smokey avoid as many hits as he could and kept fighting with the black dressed men, who kept smashing beer bottles in every attack. Hikari managed to get closed enough too. She avoided any hit, and helped anyone who came cross her path. Takeshi had finally reached the water tower, while Smokey was helping Pi.

"Jump!" he yelled at Takeshi. Smokey noted the slender freckled girl that was helping his group. He knew, who she was. 'But how did she ended up there?'

The metal tower broke down, causing some serious confusing around the doubt members. Smokey needed to get his men out of there. "Let's go!" he yelled. As he was holding on Pi (who got injured.) He let Takeshi help Pi "Take care of him!" he told him as he was making sure everyone could get away safely.

"Let's go!" Smokey said one more time at Hikari who was standing few feet away from him. He and her gave few last hits as he pushed a gigantic pole and grabbed Hikari towards him. They both started running behind the cargos. While Ryu noticed that they were escaping. He took off his jacket and followed.

"How did you get here?" Smokey asked Hikari as they by passed few containers and were trying to escape.

Hikari gazed behind them hearing the men getting closer at them "I followed you. Lala was worried. We should Run!" she suggested.

Smokey agreed as he pulled his arm to cover his mouth. He started coughing. And pause. There was some blood and he was out of breath. The men had already found them. "Go, Run!" he yelped pushing Hikari away.

But Hikari, had promised Lala that she would help her brother. She stepped forward and helped Smokey "No, Let's go together!" They didn't manage to argue about it, since the doubt men surrounded them.

"I thought it wouldn't end that easy." Hikari commented as she dodged a side kick on her left. She stepped back only to answer with a higher punch, that successfully hit the crumby male.

Smokey swapped rougher hits blogging and fighting them from the east side, while Hikari was from the West. She wasn't really that good at fighting. But her defense was great. They luck ended when Ryu almost flew against Smokey, with an open blade attack. And things good worse. With Smokey fighting Ryu and Hikari trying to hold the rest doubt members back.

Smokey got smashed against a cargo container, as Ryu's blade aimed him. Smokey ditched the hit. But the blade slammed against the metal of the container. Ryu pulled the blade towards Smokey, creating fire sparkles. He sidestepped that. Only to get kicked heavily by Ruy. The kicked got him landing few steps away, in a much more opened area. Hikari gave a enormous force to keep the rest of the men behind. But she was also pushed and pulled, where Smokey was.

Smokey was coughing blood and crashed against the ground. Hikari grabbed him tried to pulling him up. In spite of, the doubt member encircled them. She kept pulling Smokey with her right hand as she was forming a punch with her left. They seemed doom.

Suddenly, a far loud sound broke the men's yells. The furious Blat of a motorcycle; the full-throated growl got their attention. Much as the black motorcycle cut to the crowed, span and turned. Hikari only then noticed the familiar male, who stopped the bike and was gazing them through his black sunglasses. She tilted her head baffled. It was the last person she waited to see there.

Hiroto was also puzzled. His black big eyes had open widely as he noticed the 'Sakura helmet girl' helping Smokey. He lifted his right leg and got off the bike. Turning his head aside few times as he headed towards the men. Smokey stood up. He blinked few times not sure why an Amamiya was there.

But their confusion didn't last much longer. Hiroto ducked the first hit with the pole, punched the second man (who was attacking him) and pulled his sunglasses off. He reached Smokey and Hikari, who were ganged up by many doubt guys. He pulled them off trying to free them. Hikari and Hiroto glanced at each other for a nanosecond, before they went on fighting.

Smokey spit some blood, as he faced back to back Hiroto. "Oi!" he said gazing at him over his shoulder "What are you doing?"

"I came to ask you something." he said looking at Smokey.

Then all three went on encountering the doubt gang. Hiroto and Smokey started making some damage, as both were answering back with a wilder force. Far away Ryu was still watching them. And soon Ice joined him "Move your . Let's go!" he said coldly, as he gazed at Hiroto and cracked a smile.

Ryu, appeared and attacked against Smokey. Only this time, Ryu swan his blade hard and it land the blow behind his back, cutting and ripping deep down Smokey's skin. Smokey fall at the ground. The sound of knife slashing and the fall got Hiroto's and Hikari's attention. They both gazed back only to find Smokey wounded on the ground.

Hiroto, didn't wait he blocked Ryu's next attack, by throwing an effective punch and not injuring himself. A next strike followed keeping Ryu as far as possible from Smokey. Hikari rushed to help Smokey. She noticed how bad the cut was as she was pushing few men of them. Unexpectedly, a bash against Hiroto's face, followed by one more. He lost his balance and almost fell.

"You're not as great as they say." Ice said half laughing at Hiroto, who was trying to gain his balance.

Hiroto with a deadly gaze stepped closer only to respond "You're quite interesting."

Hikari rolled her eyes. She didn't see anything interesting at the moment. With Smokey serious injured and few dudes that could strike Hiroto roughly, she was rather bothered how they would escape. But she got her answer. A jeep crashed threw the fence. Shin, Takeshi and Pi were inside.

"Go get Smokey!" Shin said worried. While Pi and Takeshi jumped out of the Jeep to go get him.

Hikari tried to get him closer where the others were "Come, move!" she told him calmly. Hiroto suddenly helped her to handing him over to Pi and Takeshi. They both lifted him and they climbed with Smokey inside the Jeep. Then the black dressed men, wouldn't let them escape that easy. But their way was shut, as the rest of the Rude boys appeared on their bikes. They and the jeep fled the scene, with the doubt members following them.

Hiroto, glanced once more at the 'sakura helmet girl'. He grabbed her arm and pulled her with him. Hikari didn't think it over. She simply followed. Her priority was to get out of there. She knew following Hiroto was her only way, out of there.

Hiroto got on his bike, smiled at Ice "I'll remember your face." He turned the engine on, and pulled Hikari to sit in frond of his bike. Hiroto's motorcycle, had only one seat. Neither Hikari's bike had one. (Of course, you could always add an extra seat if needed. But there was no point to have a second seat.) He gave a last look at Ice, and drove off.

Ice smiled at him back. As he found it interesting to find someone like Hiroto. And if the time would come he sure would enjoy it.

((Next Chapter: 4th Act))