We meet again

High & Low Higher Grounds 「Amamiya Kyodai」

The next days passed really slow. It was like time wouldn't move it was there to remind to everyone that Takeru was dead. Hikari spend all the time trying to make sure that Kamizono would be held in prison. She was fighting with Saigo all the way. Saigo was trying to bail out Kamizono. But the law wasn't helping either. In the end Hikari had to step back. Because it would only bring more troubles to Takeru. 'How could even Saigo think to call responsible Takeru.' It was the only way not to tarnish his name. Saigo was a tough deal. He bailed out Kamizono out. Kuryu Group wanted him back. Kamizono didn't make it though. He was found dead few days after. His death became a cold case. Although Hikari could tell that Kuryu Group was behind it. But there was no proof to start the investigation. Like always.

As for the Masaki and Hiroto, with Aika's help they held Takeru's funeral. It was a simple and lonely ceremony. They brothers didn't call anyone. They just took their time to mourn for their elder brother. Hikari's present was missing. Indeed Hiroto over reacted that day (when Hikari revealed she was a detective). But he never thought that he could end up never see the 'Sakura helmet girl' ever again. Masaki wasn't any different. Hikari became a habit lately. She was always there. And now at the most impotant day that they were saying good by at Takeru she wasn't there.

On the other hand, Aika managed and talked with her. They made one last time at Takeru place. Hikari could finally make sure that her friend would move on. She gave Aika some money. Also told what ever she needed she should call Hikari. Aika ensured her she would go back studying law. And she would not abandon her dreams. She would get all the help she could from Hikari until she could stand at her feet to fight the wrong doings of the Kuryu group. She also nodded that Hikari should go visit Takeru's grave. After all the neither Masaki or Hiroto were really annoyed with her. They were just hurting for losing one more family member. Though Hikari knew that already. She didn't show up not because she was told too. But because she was trying to keep Kamizono in prison. But now that Kamizono was death. And Hikari was on a leave. She could go and visit Takeru.

At graveyard...

After Takeru had died, Hiroto as well as Masaki visited Takeru's grave every day. They would that for 49 days. They missed their brother. And deep down they hopped they would see a familiar face. And their hopes were answered on the 19th day. A young slender figure appeared from afar. She was wearing a black dress until the knees short. Black heels and the hair were pulled up. The lady was wearing sun glasses. She seemed a stranger, until she walked closer. She never rose her eyes to look at Masaki or Hiroto. She only went straight to Takeru's grave. She placed some red roses she was holding on the grave.

"Takeru-san. I am late. I know I should be here to say you the last goodbye. But I thought I would manage to keep Kamizono in jailed. But I failed!" Hikari murmured with a soft sad tone. As she kept looking at the tomb stone.

Hiroto lean against the nearest tree. He wait until Hikari finished her talk with Takeru. "Aha! Aha! That's why I told to the detective not to interfere with Takeru any longer." Hiroto spoke as he was gazing at the sky threw his sunglasses.

Hikari strolled towards Hiroto and faced him "Are you serious? Did you think you only cared about Takeru? How could I let Kamizono with out any fight."

"I wasn't even talking to you!" Hiroto told her emotionless. Masaki gazed at his brother and then at Hikari confused.

Hikari stepped back. She remembered Hiroto's voice clearly telling her to keep away from their Aniki. But deeply she was hopping it was only because he was angry with her and it wouldn't last long. But why did she even cared. "I know. Why would you want after all to talk to a detective." Hikari responded.

Hiroto lowered his head and faced her "Exactly. A laying detective. Why would I even want that?"

"Saigo bailed Kamizono out. A few days later we found him dead. The case remained unsolved. Meaning its a cold case again." Hikari informed them suddenly.

"Kuryu Group?" asked Masaki. By then he could tell that behind all the mess and the threats was the Kuryu Group.

Hikari nodded "They are involved with everything."

"Still we didn't ask you!" Hiroto meanly told her.

"I know. Its the last time. I don't thing i will ever bother you again." Hikari answered with broken heart. She tuned around gave a farewell to Masaki and walked away.

Hiroto decided to ignore her. Masaki couldn't watch his 'baka' brother any longer. He could be annoying stubborn. He hit Hiroto head telling him to follow Hikari. "Are you going to lose one more person from your life."

Hiroto gazed at him. He blinked few times and took of his glasses. Maybe he was about to lose the 'sakura helmet girl' for ever. And the issue was he didn't want to. In the end he really didn't care if she was a detective or a bike member, or what ever. Hikari was just Hikari. And he needed her in his life. He run off chasing after her. "Hikari wait!" he called her few times. But she choose to ignore him.

Few steps later, Hiroto managed to grab her hand and turn her around. "I said wait!" he said again as he was patting fast. "Just wait!"

"What?!" she said loudly freeing her arm from his grip. "Didn't you say to keep away. What now?"

"You are really..." Hiroto took one deep breath "The most annoying person I know. I didn't mean it that way. .."

Hikari glared at him. He was confusing her. She thought they were close enough, after spending time together. The last thing she waited was Hiroto to be so cruel. And now he was again confusing her. "I am not your puppet. To accept me when ever you feel like and to ignore me when ever you are mad at me."

Hiroto cracked a smile. She surely could get his attention every time. "You? A puppet? You are far from a puppet?" he mocked her.

"Honestly. How could you? I should have told you I was working with the police. But it never..."Hikari tried to explain her thought. And give her a piece of her mind. But Hiroto didn't want to hear anything more. He pulled her close into a hug and lean closer kissing her. Hikari taken by surprise slapped him once. Hiroto rubbed his cheek and smiled, leaning close and kissing her again. Only this time Hikari remain there kissing him back. They remain like that for some time.

It was Hiroto the one who broke the kiss. He searched his pocked and found a letter from Takeru and gave it to Hikari "This is from Takeru. I think he wanted you to have it."

"When did you find it? How?" Hikari serious looked at the later.

"Aniki always kept his promises. If he would tell you how you brother died he would find a way." Hiroto ensured her.

"I know that Takeru was always keeping his word." Hikari said as she read the letter while hugged by Hiroto.


This story ends here. What I can tell you, is that Hikari moved in with Hiroto and Masaki. She actually was dating Hiroto but both kept denying that. The letter that Takeru wrote gave her more information about her brothers death. And it involved the Kuryu Group. I could tell you that things became better, with peace and quit. But I would lie. The serious matters started soon. Kuryu Group would never rest. Neither SWORD or the Amamiya brothers. Things would get dangerous. But that is another tail. We may tell in another story. (After the last two movies are available. I may add two fan fictions and create a new one including all the characters. I will notify you. And it will take some time. Thank you for reading it. I hope you enjoy it. )

(( THE END))