Day 7 of 365

365 Day Bucketlist [ON HOLD]

I am writing to you right now at 23:30 and it is safe to say that I am now back at home, curled up in my bed, writing to you, my dear special journal. After having to rewrite my last entry, I am now ready to talk about how my day went.

As you all know, I spent the night out of town, WE rather, because I had excess company, Taecyeon and Subin. 

I woke up at 7:30 earlier but Taecyeon and Subin were no longer sharing a bed with me. They have already woken up, leaving me alone. 

Was there supposed to be an alarm clock I didn't hear of?

Of course, I found them in the kitchen. Cooking. I totally forgot I was with 2 aspiring chefs.

Grandma, who was just sitting down at the dining table, noticed me first. 

"Oh! The wife is up!" she exclaimed.

Suddenly, Taecyeon and Subin's eyes were on me. I smiled and bowed at grandma first before anything and then fixated my eyes on both of them. Subin came around me and hugged me.

"Woah there kiddo. Good morning to you too!" I said as I patted his head.

He let go of my hug and went back to Taecyeon's side. Taecyeon's eyes were still on me. 

What?, I mouthed.

"Don't I get a morning kiss?" He blurted out.

I eyed him, wtf are you talking about?

Grandma was suddenly laughing. "Aigoo. New parents tend to be all lovey dovey. Enjoy it while it lasts." she commented. " Now, go on now dear. Your husband asks for a morning kiss. I wouldn't mind really" she added.

He continued beating the eggs but tilted his face to the side, as if awaiting for my kiss. I rolled my eyes at him and went to sat beside Grandma.

"Aigoo. I don't do PDA halmunee. I believe intimate actions should remain intimate" I told her.

"That's good to hear dear." she replied as she touched my hand the moment I sat beside her. 

Taecyeon pouted. As if, faking disappointment but laughed it off anyway.

"So what are we having for breakfast?" I exclaimed.

"Pancakes, French Toast and Poached eggs!" The chef assistant that goes by name of Subin happily announced.

"They said it was a foreign style breakfast or something..." Grandma trailed off.

"It's American Style Breakfast halmunee!" Subin once again announced. Taecyeon looked at the kid and smiled adoringly.

"Oh! That was the word. Never in my life I have ever tried breakfast other than rice, soup, banchan or doenjiang jigae" Grandma confessed.

"Halmunee, you get to taste new cuisines, since my..." I adjusted my position and looked at the man cooking. "..husband right there is a chef" I finished as I was reassuring Grandma. I felt Taecyeon's eyes were on me as I said those words. 

"So, he cooks most of the time huh? But still, you're the wife! You should also learn how to cook! It's a must!" Grandma commanded.

Since grandma was a traditional housewife, she strongly believed that women should know every basic household chores. 

"Of course, I also cook Halmunee" I reassured her.

"Actually halmunee, my wife is my queen. I don't want to let her do work too much. I want to serve her" Taecyeon suddenly commented, joining our conversation.

I blushed as she said wife because who wouldn't right? 

"Aigoo. This is the problem with new couples, they tend to be really inlove. Heh. Wait 'till you grow old" Grandma spitted out.

I laughed at her reaction. Aigoo this grandma is too bitter.

"They're the best parents halmunee!" Subin butted in out conversation.

His comment made me smile. I don't care if he just said those words to keep the act but knowing this kid doesn't hate me and considers me one of the best makes me genuinely happy.

Since we're having American Style Breakfast, the two chefs finished in no time. As the foods we're served in front of us, we let grandma taste everything first before we digged in. She carefully chew the pancakes, the toast and the egg. We were all looking too intently, awating for her reaction.

"So, how was it halmunee?" It was Subin who voiced out our curiousity.

It took a while before grandma finally answered. "I still prefer doenjiang jigae" 

That made us all laugh. Despite her uninterest towards the meal, she finished her portion. 

As we finished our breakfast, we went to our room and prepared ourselves to leave. 

"I just want to say that yesterday and today was my best days ever!" Subin exclaimed while packing.

I looked at Taecyeon and mouthed Thank You. However this pretend husband still craves for the kiss because instead of replying 'you're welcome', he pushed his lips together. I laughed and rolled my eyes at him.

It was 9AM when the tow services arrived, they were also our ride home so we bid farewell to the grandma who offered us the best kind of hospitality for strangers like us.

We offered to pay for our inconvenience but Grandma insisted on saying it was free and that it was out of good heart and she wasn't expecting any payment at all. However, I didn't want to leave her without anything so I bought all her saeoo snek (shirmp snacks) instead.

As we bid farewell, of course, she blessed me with her words of wisdom-- "Family First" and that "Communication is Key".

As we were on our way to Busan, Subin slept. I tried so hard to find any reception from here since I wasn't able to contact anyone last night.

"You've been on your phone all this time. Are you expecting a text? A call?" Taecyeon asked, noticing my struggle.

"I couldn't contact Jimin since last night" I answered. I swear, I saw his eyes flickered when I said Jimin's name. Or not. "I mean technically, I couldn't contact him since I don't have his number so I"m trying to contact my brother or my mother to let them know Subin is okay." I continued.

"Don't worry. I'm sure they already know the kid is in good hands with you" he reassured me.

I hope so.

After how many attempts, I finally gave up and unknowingly I dozed off on the way as well. 

I woke up on Taecyeon's shoulders when we were already at Kimhae. It was 1PM then. Taecyeon and Subin were also still sleeping.

I felt bad for Taecyeon. It's a Monday so he should be back to work already but here he was, still with me. 

I immediately my phone knowing I could find good reception here and the moment I caught a signal...

30 missed calls from Unknown Number

20 missed calls from Ma

15 missed calls from Kookie

10 missed calls from Mama Kang

 

100 unread text messages.

From: Unknown Number

This is Jimin. Where is my son? It is already 8PM!

 

From: Unknown Number

Please, at least, send me a text confirming my son is okay.

 

From: Unknown Number

ing Jung Eunji. I don't know why everyone couldn't contact you but we're all worried sick! I'm here at your house right now by the way.

 

From: Unknown Number

WHERE THE ARE YOU

 

From: Unknown Number

If something happens to Subin, I swear to God Jung Eunji....Goddamnit!

 

I knew the rest shared the same context so I didn't bother reading everything at all. And knowing Jimin is currently boiling right now. I clicked Kookie's name and called him instead.

"YAH!" was what he said the moment he picked up the phone on the first ring.

I had to even distance my ear from the phone because of how loud he was becoming when I didn't even have him on loudspeaker.

"Chill. Hello to you too brother"

"Where the are you?"

"I'll spill the details later but as for now, tell everyone, most especially Jimin, that Subin is safe and that we're coming home now" 

"Where the are you?" he repeated, annoyed.

"Ugh we're now at Kimhae okay. We're already close."

"Kimhae?! You went out of Busan?!" 

"Duh??? does roadtrip ring a bell? Anyway, details would be later okay. You all need to chill okay. See you later" I said as I hang up on him first.

I don't want to deal with any on them through the phone right now. Let them have me when I arrived.

When we've finally arrived in Busan, I woke up the two sleepyheads and prepared ourselfves. I instructed the driver where my house was and sent us there. 

The moment we've parked outside, Kookie went out and screamed for the others to come out. Then, I saw Jimin and my mother following behind.

The moment Jimin saw his son, he came running towards him and hugged him tight. So does Subin.

"I'm glad you're okay" he exasparated.

My mother, on the other hand, hugged me as well. 

"I was worried sick. Why weren't you answering?" she scolded.

"Kosong should be banned. They didn't have good reception at all" I joked trying to lighten up the mood,

Geez. Why is everyone so serious?

My mom let me go and her eyes landed on Taecyeon, who was behind me. 

"You... I didn't believe Jimin at first but what are you doing hanging around my daughter?!" my mother's voice raised.

"Mom!" I butted in.

That isn't how you should treat a friend of your daughter!

Taecyeon cleared his throat and bowed at everyone. "I'm sorry for the inconvenience. This is not entirely her fault" 

My mom looked at me and then to Taecyeon again before saying "You should go" 

I looked at my mom in disgust. Why is she treating him like he was some kind of a criminal?

Taecyeon bowed again at everyone. He looked at me, his eyes pleading forgiveness then left. 

"Seriously?!" I reprimanded as I looked at my mom and moved past her towards the house.

"Jung Eunji!" she called after me as she followed me inside. The rest followed as well.

"Why are you hanging out with that person?" my mom asked, voice raised.

"Why are you treating him like ?!" I counterattacked.

"Goodness Gracious! I didn't raise you just to hang out with an ex-convict!" 

An ex-convict? What?

I almost choked.

"See?! You didn't even know?!" she scolded.

I kept my mouth shut, clearly not knowing this part of his story so I just couldn't defend him. I need to talk to him.

"Anyway, where did you go off to? And to think you brought along Subin with your carelessness! Anything could've happened!" my mother raged again.

"And nothing happened right ma? I'm fine and Subin as well! Stop overreacting!" I answered, my voice raised this time as well. "And we spent the night in Kosong"

"You just don't get it do you? When are you going to finally grow up? You don't just go around all you want without alerting me if you're spending the night out or not. And to think, you didn't even try to contact Jimin or me when you had Subin together with you and an ex-convict!" she exclaimed.

"I'm a grown-up woman right now! Why do I have to keep on updating you!?" I answered back.

"Unless you are in my house, you report to me" My mom replied with authority.

I was silent for a moment before saying "Jimin knew I was with Taecyeon!" 

"That was because I thought you knew what you were doing!" Jimin answered.

"And what was I doing?!" I retorted. 

"I thought you knew he was an ex-convict and that you weren't really off to with him" he replied, voice raised.

"You didn't even stop me" I uttered.

Jimin didn't reply directly but instead he looked at me with disappointment and said "You're smart Eunji but you don't notice people at all. You get blinded with all that imagination you have created in your head" 

Sounds to me like you're talking to yourself

"I'm really disappointed in you" he said before going out, dragging Subin along with him.

I got taken aback by what he said. Did he really have the guts to say that to me? Him? Of all people? 

So I ran after him and as I took a hold of him, I slapped him. He didn't recover quickly but when he did, he ordered Subin, who was also shocked at how things have turned, to go inside his car first.

"You don't get to say that to me. At all" I said, trying my best to not let my voice crack.

I told myself to never confront him with this but he's making it so hard not to. 

"See? That's your problem. You don't talk at all. You send these signals or juice colored words but you don't confront people at all. You run away. And you ask why you were left behind all these time? It's all because of you. You did this to yourself. You're a coward." he hissed as he looked at me intently. 

I tried to match his burning stares but I couldn't because what he just said was too true. I couldn't say anything.

"If anything had happened to my son.." he shook his head not even trying to imagine the thought of it. "... I would do anything to make you pay" he said before he left me. 

I was just standing there, dumbfounded. I wanted to cry but i couldn't. I didn't know how long I was standing there but no one seemed to care.

I would've stayed there all day if not because of Kookie who took my hand and led me to his car. Still, I didn't say anything. It was all too hard to process at once.

Kookie drove around in circles. I don't know if he'd been driving for hours or just that I've had been standing for a long time in our entrance, because the moment we stopped at the boulevard. The sun was already setting.

My brother didn't say anything at all to me which I was very thankful for. That, and also because of the fact that he brought me here... the place I could truly reflect. 

Just as the sun was setting, my tears started to roll down. I cried silently. Disappointed at how things have turned out. Disappointed at myself for still being the same old me. I am already one week on my Change but did I really change so far at all? 

I don't know.

I don't know anymore.

But one thing is for sure, day 7 on my bucketlist was to watch the sunrise/sunset with the person that actually cares.

 

 

 

 

 

X

I was really busy today and starting tomorrow, I have to prepare for an event on Saturday so I don't know if I could ever update everyday until I finish my business on Saturday!!! But I will!!! Because I promised!!! I am a man of his word, or technically, a woman of her word. LOL

 

You know the drill, comment if you're present :)

xoxo

PS: The first thing I check in the morning are the comments and it always makes me soooo happy reading them. And If you want to be the reason why a girl is smiling first thing in the morning, do comment :)

--oppaji