Day 6 of 365

365 Day Bucketlist [ON HOLD]

23 April, 11:30 PM

I am writing to you from my Notes in my Macbook other than my usual journal notebook. If you're asking why, well here was how my day went...

I woke up early as usual even though I slept really late last night. This was my second time doing so. It feels like I'm back to my old, worked-up-too-much self again but what can I do, Day 6 on my Bucketlist is to go on an unplanned roadtrip today. And if I want to be back home by nightfall I have to start hitting the road as early as I can. 

I didn't even have time to prepare for breakfast nor to pack some foods for me to eat on the way. Because like I said, it was unplanned. Heck, even my destination is unplanned!

It was 6 AM when I started hitting the road. The neighbourhood was still eerie and quiet. I made my way to the town square to fill up my tank.

I was taking my time pouring gas into my tank when I caught a glimpse of someone on an early jog...

I bent my head and tried to cover my face while I was now hurriedly filling up my tank.

Please dont let him notice me. Please dont let him notice me. Please dont let him

"If it isnt my mystery girl"

..notice me

I exhaled and slowly, I uncovered my hands from my face and turned to look at him, plastered on my face the best smile I could ever muster. 

"Hi" I exasperated.

And he was just there, standing and smiling at me, dashing as ever. Even the sweaty Ok Taecyeon looks perfect as ever. 

I had to look away so that I don't get lost on those eyesmile and his perfect face in general. 

"Where are you off to this early?" he asked, now leaning on the side of my car, facing me. 

"Just somewhere" I answered, still filling up my tank.

"That's good. You can send me home" he answered and then he walked towards the passenger seat. Just as he was about to go inside, I stopped him.

"Oh no. You are not going in mister" I called.

He looked at me and put his elbows on the roof and answered "Why not?" 

"First of, aren't you supposed to be exercising? You should jog your way home. Second of all, I don't know where you live and lastly, I'm off somewhere but here so I'm going to the other direction" I declared as I was finishing up filling my tank.

He chuckled before answering me and replied "First of, just look at my body, one ride home wouldn't hurt" I laughed at this. "Second of all, honestly you dont? After being my mystery girl?" I almost reasoned out when he shushed me. "Lastly, roadtrip! It's a Sunday and I could definitely use some of that" 

I shook my head at how quick he was to throw rebuttals at me. I was about to answer him when

"Look! It's my Aunt No One!" I heard someone shouted from a distance.

I turned to look at the direction where it was coming from.

Great. Could my day not get any better?

Subin ran towards me and behind him was Jimin. 

I knelt and hugged the little Subin. I was surprised at how affectionate the kid was when we only met once and I even walked out after meeting him. 

Don't you just love kids...

I tapped his hair and asked "Where are you going this early?" I noticed he brought a backpack with him.

It was Jimin who answered "I'm sending him off to his grandparents for the day". 

I turned to look at him and stood up so that I could match his stares.

"Oh why?" I asked while holding Subin on shoulders.

"I have to go to Seoul for an appointment and I couldn't bring him" he answered.

I nodded to his answer when Taecyeon spoke up.

"Oh! You need not to worry! Eunji and I are going on a roadtrip together. You can leave your child to us"

You did not just..

"Roadtrip? Do i get to ride in a vroom vroom? YEYY" Subin exclaimed.

I turned to look at the man who voiced out the idea and sent him daggers with my eyes but he chose to ignore me and smiled instead.

Okay first of, I am not going on a roadtrip with him and second of all, I am not yet ready to bond with my ex-boyfriend's kid. No offense.

Jimin looked awfully dumbfounded, looking at me with questioning eyes. 

"Oh right. Jimin, this is Taecyeon and Taecyeon, Jimin" I introduced.

Taecyeon nodded towards him to show recognition but Jimin just shrugged him off and turned to me, still questioning me. But I don't have the luxury to explain this handsome (af) guy to him nor this situation.

Subin was already tugging the hem of my shirt, excitedly looking at me, waiting for my confirmation.

As I was left with no choice since I badly wanted to be out of this awkward mess already I told Jimin I would take care of Subin and have him returned by sundown.

Jimin clearly didn't want to but Subin jumped of joy and suddenly he was left with no choice but to leave his son to these two strangers aka Taecyeon and I.

Jimin left after saying his goodbyes to his son. He looked at me for a second and then to Taecyeon and back at me again, eyes uncertain, debating. But he left Subin with us anyway.

When he left, I ordered the two to aboard the car and we hit the road in no time. 

Like I said, an unplanned roadtrip for the day.

I had no destination in mind so I drove around in circles. Subin was so excited at the backseat, enjoying the view and the fresh air. This kid clearly hadn't been on many roadtrips

So I went and drove around the route with the sea horizon as our guide.

Since we haven't eaten breakfast yet, we stopped over at local restaurant in Kimhae, the next town after Busan. I let the chef order but he insisted I should since I was the one paying. 

"I didn't know I brought along two children" I jokingly told him.

He laughed and clearly didn't see this coming so he just answered "I'll make it up to you, I promise" 

"I'll look forward to that" I retorted and went to order the foods myself. 

As we ate, Subin just kept on blabbering stories and his dreams. How he wants to move to Seoul and be an idol like the ones he sees on television. How he also loves to cook and I laughed because Seulgi nor Jimin was good at cooking however Taecyeon upon hearing this side of Subin instantly connected with him and before I knew it, Taecyeon was telling him his journey towards becoming the great chef he is today. We spent an hour on the restaurant, mostly because of the two of them who kept on criticizing our meal. 

After the stop over, we hit the road once more. Since I just recently learned that Subin was into trendy idol songs, I had to turn on my LTE and play those kind of songs through the stereo.

He sang and danced along to the songs in the backseat. He even lectured Taecyeon and I about the different idol groups whenever their song comes in-- from Super Junior, TVXQ, Bigbang, SNSD, 2NE1, APINK, 2PM and even to the latest debuted groups-- VICTON, Twice, Gfriend, Blackpink, Seventeen and many more that I couldn't even remember anymore. 

Back in my high school, let's just say I wasn't really into the pop genre side of music so I grew up never wanting to ever be an idol. It never even crossed my mind but a lot of my classmates before, for sure did. And as I looked at Taecyeon, I knew he mirrored my thoughts and expressions.

After his endless chitchats, he finally got tired and went to sleep leaving me and Taecyeon in silence.

"Just so you know, I still hate you for tagging along and bringing the kid" I finally decided to speak up but my eyes were still fixated on the road.

I felt him looked at me which sent shivers down to my spine.

"No, you dont" he replied.

I rolled my eyes and smiled at myself instead of answering him. Silence, once again took over us.

"He was your ex right?" Taecyeon suddenly asked. 

This time, I turned to look at him, my eyebrows creased.

"I hate to break it to you but you three were the talk of the town for a little while" he continued.

"What?" I didn't mean it but my voice raised.

"Oh you know our town... everyone knows everyone. They weren't really badmouthing you. It was mostly Jimin who received every single insult and whispers" he added.

I should be reassured by this but it got me even more curious.

"What do the rumors say?" I asked glancing towards him once in a while, while still focusing on diriving.

"Just that, his new girl's death was the karma for cheating on a very successful Accountant in Seoul and even bearing a kid" he replied.

I gripped my steering wheel harder.

"The new girl was my bestffriend" I rhetorically said.

"For real?!" he exclaimed.

I said nothing to this. This was a sensitive issue which I just dealt with 3 days ago and I don't think I would ever be ready to open it up to other people other than myself.

He sensed my uneasiness so he went "I'm sorry you have to go through that" instead.

I looked at him and said "I'm okay now" while smiling at him. Showing him I really am slowly recovering

He was doubtful but asked no further questions.

"Just so you know, I would never cheat on you" he declared.

And this time, I smiled at him genuinely.

"But you gotta admit, the kid got wonders. He's cute" he complimented.

I looked at the sleeping Subin on the rearview mirror and answered. "Yeah."

After driving around for 5 hours, Subin finally came to his senses and woke up.

"Where are we?" he asked as he rubbed his eyes looking at the view outside.

My car had now finally came to a stop. "We're at Hwajinpo Beach at Kosong"

I know you're thinking beach again? But let me just point out the biggest difference with this and the one in Busan...  I like how Hwajinpo is still undeveloped. Everything here screams Mother Nature. No establishments, No people, Just the three of us. And what kid doesn't like the idea of beaching?

Since it was past 1 and the sun was at its peak, I told the ever excited Subin that we should grab lunch first. And so we did. 

Kosong is so different from Busan nor Seoul. It felt like civilization haven't touched this yet and it's okay because that's what makes it beautiful. 

After how many minutes of driving around looking for a restaurant to dine in to, we finally found one. We ordered and like our first meal, lunch was just as noisy, with our critics still on the run. 

When I went to pay the expenses, the grandma told me something I didn't deny...

"You have such a wonderful family" 

As she said this, I turned to look at them-- Taecyeon looked at Subin adoringly with those eyesmile while Subin laughed so hard to something Taecyeon might have had joked about. 

"It's a good sight" I unconsciously answered.

"It really is dear" the grandmother said as she handed me my change.

It was past 3 in the afternoon when we left the diner and we went back to the beach finally, courtesy of Subin and his overexcitement.

Since we had the beach all to ourselves, I let Subin ran around freely. Taecyeon, on the other hand, was parking the car since it was his turn  to drove us here.

I was just there sitting, one with the sand, taking pictures of Subin to show it to Jimin later. 

Though, I have said earlier that I'm not yet ready to open myself up to this kid, I just cant help it. I just cant hold anything against this little boy. Like I don't hold anything against Seulgi nor Jimin. No matter how much I'm hurting, I just cant bring myself to hate them together. And this kid for that matter. 

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice Taecyeon approaching. I just felt his presence when he sat beside me and slung one arm around me. I looked at his hand on my shoulder and then at him.

"What are you doing mister?" I asked.

He went near me and whispered "Don't try to deny it. The grandma in the diner said we'd make a great pair" 

Did he hear that? Did he hear me not denying what the grandma said earlier? Does he have super powers in hearing?

"You're not even denying it, my mystery girl" he went.

I groaned when he mentioned that stupid nickname again. And I removed his arm from my shoulders. 

He laughed and went again "Why do you hate it so much when you vested it on yourself?" 

"I was stupid back then okay? Stop it" I cried.

He raised both hands up in the air as if surrendering but he was still laughing.

I rolled my eyes at him and commented "You're awfully being close to me today. Stop it" I told him.

"Not tonight" he replied.

I rolled my eyes at him again. Who knew the great Ok Taecyeon was this childish?

"You can roll your eyes as many times as you want tonight" he striked back again. 

Look how he's getting all juicy at me. 

"Sorry to burst your bubble but we're leaving in an hour" I confronted him.

"Sorry to burst your bubble but we're staying for the night" he retorted.

"Sorry to burst your bubble but that ain't happening" I used my hands and drew circles in the air pointing towards his brain "Whatever you're thinking there, ain't happening at all"

"Sorry to burst your bubble but I am not thinking of anything right now but your car which I have singlehandedly pushed towards the diner since your car got overheated and wouldn't start" he nonchalantly said as if it was not a big deal at all!

"WHAT?!" I cried.

He laughed. "Now you see I'm being serious."

"How can you not tell me about this the moment you sat beside me?!" I exclaimed.

"It would've ruined our moment" he casually replied.

My jaw droppped.

"What moment are you talking about? Oh my freaking God, I can't believe you!" 

"Our moment"

"Can you stop talking about us for a second and think of that little boy over there! Hello? He's with us!" I reminded him. 

But he looked at me trying hard not to laugh.

Did I say something?

"So you admit there is an us. And are you saying it wouldn't be so bad after all if we got stuck here? Just the two of us?" he teased.

Oh My God

I groaned and stood up leaving him alone to go and tell Subin about the bad news and mostly because I didn't want him to see me blush so hard.

Why is he flirting with me? 

When I grabbed a hold of Subin, I knelt so that he sould see me in his level.

"Subin-ah, sadly my car got broken and we have to stay here for the night. I am sorry I couldn't send you home tonight" I told him.

I was so ready for him to go all berserk on me but he went all smiles.

"Really? I get to spend the night away from home?!" he asked out of excitement.

"Yes Subin-ah" 

"YEYYY YEYYY I can finally get to sleep other than my room!" he exclaimed.

I was so confused on how he reacted. What kid would ever want to sleep away from family? One who spent all his years caged and protected too much.

"Come here Subin-ah, let's go" I offered my hand and he took it. Together we walked towards Taecyeon who was waiting for us, all smile.

The moment we've reached him, he slung his other arm on my shoulders...again. 

I looked at him disgustingly, teling him to remove his arms but he whispered "I went back to the diner to make a call for the tow services. I think the grandma overheard the conversation because she asked if there was place we reserved for the night. I told him no. She offered a free room for this small family of ours" 

I elbowed him and whispered back "Why didn't you deny?! We could've gotten separate rooms!" 

"Might be better to not tell her or else we would be homeless for the night" 

And he was right. The moment we arrived at the diner the grandma welcomed us with open arms and went to direct us to our room and she was saying...

"Good thing you're married and have this baby boy. I had 2 foreign travellers last week and were asking for a room and I denied them because when I asked if they were married, they said no! Goodness Gracious! I wouldn't let my place be the temple of sins and mistakes of their raging hormonse!" she cried.

My heart dropped. I have had always respected my elders. May it be a family or not. It pains me to lie. 

Taecyeon squeezed my shoulder. "My wife and I are so thankful for the hospitality you have shown to us Halmunee."

"Of course! My conscience wouldn't let me just abandon this lovely family knowing you are not familiar with this small town of ours." the grandma answered and as soon as she said those words, we came into a halt in front of a door. "Well here you have it. Call me when you need anything" she handed me the key. 

"Thank you halmunee" it was Subin who said this and then we bowed as she left. 

As soon as we entered, I tried to talk to Subin but he just said "I get what we're doing Mom" and then went to lie down in the queen sized bed. 

He's witty just like Seulgi.

I told Subin to wash up and prepare for bed. Good thing he got clothes with him. Taecyeon, on the other hand, had nothing with him. He just brought himself actually. Good thing I have a bag of clothes in the trunk of my car (in case of emergency) or else, he would be sleeping on the floor tonight.

I offered on going alone but Taecyeon insisted on going with me because the husband should always go with his wife, apparently. He offered his hand and I took it. It sent shivers down to my spine.

I.AM.HOLDING.HANDS.WITH.OK.TAECYEON.THIS.IS.NOT.A.DRILL

But we were just really holding hands because we would pass by the grandma so we have to keep our act.

"What should we do for the night wife after our son goes to sleep?" he teased.

There's no use in fighting his jokes so it's better to just end it.

"We sleep as well" I answered.

"You're no fun" he said.

"Says the guy who gave me the chocolates i should be giving to him" I retorted.

He looked at me for a long time before answering, smiling so hard.

"Oh are we really going there, my mystery girl?" he teased.

He's back at it again with that cringe worthy nickname. I had to cover myself with my free hand because of how I still get embarassed whenever I hear it.

"You brought it up first" he reminded.

"Okay. Okay I'll stop" I answered. 

When we stepped outside, I didn't realize how cold it was. I shivered. Upon noticing it, he slung his arm against me and pulled me closer.

"Body heat" he said.

Somebody pinch me.

We were in that position until I had to break off from him to open my trunk and get my bag. 

"You pack clothes in your trunk huh? Are you leaving anytime soon?" he asked, warming his hands.

"Probably" I answered and then closed my trunk. 

He took the bag from me and offered his body again. I rolled my eyes and went for it anyway. 

"For a guy who exercised before tagging along, you smell good" I commented on our way back to the room.

Once we were inside, we found Subin already on the bed, reading a story book. I threw Taecyeon his towels and let him rummage my bag for baggy shirts and shorts to wear. Once, he was inside the bathroom. I went to sit beside Subin. 

"Are you not sleepy yet?" I asked.

"Someone has to read  this Hansel and Gretel to me so that I could sleep" he sheepily answered.

Hansel and Gretel lost their mother too... like him.

I tucked him into me and started reading him the story but before I could, he said something heartbreaking.

"I knew you the moment I actually saw you. Daddy loves you. He has your picture in his wallet" he declared.

I said nothing to this, instead I just read him the story until he fell asleep. 

Taecyeon got out of the shower with a towel on his hips, his upper body visible.

Dang. 

I stood up from the bed, barely looking at him and threw the clothes at him. 

"Why did you have to go out undressed" I groaned as I passed by him and went off to the bathroom. 

Before I closed the door, I swear to God, I heard him say "To turn you on"

He is doing so good in making me fall for him! I hate how I am falling into his charms all over again! 

I took my time in the shower. I bathed myself very well to smell and look good. No apparent reason. Just that I am that sensitive about my body.

LOL. Who am I kidding? It's all because of him.

Maybe I would finally get to kiss the great ok Taecyeon ? ? ?

I shook my head, disgusted at how I was even considering it.

When I was finally done, I went out only to see a Taecyeon sleeping. I repeat, sleeping!!!

I laughed at myself.

So much for a romantic night

And here I am, the only one awake among us three, writing to you from my laptop because I left my journal and I wasn't expecting any of these things to happen! Or any company to tag along at all!

What a very unplanned day indeed. 

Why am I smiling?

Stop smiling Jung Eunji

 

 

! I have to call Jimin

 

 

 

 

 

 

x

I felt so bad at how I am so good in updating longer chapters here than on Ex's and Oh's omg please don't hate me. Its enough that I already hate myself. 

You know the drill, comment if present! 

xoxo

--oppaji