Day 2 of 365

365 Day Bucketlist [ON HOLD]

It is already 11:00 in the evening of April 19th. Did I mention yesterday that I was moving? I mean, I’m not technically moving because I don’t plan to stay in the same place ever again for how many years. You see, Day 2 of my bucket list is to never be in one place for over a month. I have been place and travel deprived for the last 10 years and let’s just say that I am over it.

I am writing to you right now in my hometown in Busan. Though, I quit my job, I told my parents that I am just on leave, for a month. Knowing my lack of visits for the last 10 years, they think the company is too good for letting me be out of office for a month.

Anyway, can you believe I woke up at 11AM earlier? Believe me when I say that the last time I have ever slept that long was when I was still in college and damn, I missed it! I missed having the luxury of sleeping in and I look forward to more!

The moment I woke up, I ordered something for brunch. I would have went out if I’ve had already packed but I am still far from fixing everything into place. Although, I have lived on this same apartment for the last 10 years, I don’t have that much possessions. I don’t have that much furniture only a queen sized bed, a study table and a closet for which the only clothes I have are my uniforms and pair pajamas. I used to own too much clothes when I was still younger. I wonder when and what changed.

It was only after 1PM that I finished packing everything. I intended to leave the furnitures behind. Let the next lessee make use of those. I couldn’t care less.

I started hitting the road right after I placed everything on the car and never looked back.

It would take me 5 hours to arrive in Busan if I drive. Though taking the train would only get me 3 hours, I chose to take my car. I stopped by at a McDonalds drive thru to get me something to eat on the road then I’m off to Busan!

Goodbye Seoul! See you when I see you!

The moment I arrived in my hometown, I was welcomed by my baby brother, Jungkook. I have always been close to him but being wrapped around my work for how many years made us grew apart but here he is, still welcoming my presence despite my neglect. Together with him is my mom. I hugged both of them before going in.

My mother pushed me towards the kitchen and urged me to eat. My mother prepared a feast and I’m not complaining. We talked over dinner, mostly about me and how happy they are that I get to have this vacation. Little did they know that I already quit my job but how could I tell them right? They would think I’m being childish so might as well keep my mouth shut and just enjoy the attention and affection once again.

“Kookie, how is university?” I asked my younger brother who is currently a senior in Theater, mainly on camera directing.

“Like you, I get to spend this whole month off too. Everything is going smoothly. I would decide on which channel station I should work for as an OJT, you know. Anyway, let’s get back to Seoul together, yeah?” Jungkook replied.

I smiled at him and said “Of course, that would be fun” I answered.

We continued on eating and just right after we finished I heard someone entered the house. I turned to look who it was… it was him.

“Oh Jimin-ah, come here and join us!” my mother invited.

We looked into each other’s eyes for a moment. It was me who broke off the staring contest first. I gulped and turned to look at my mom with questioning eyes. My mother noticed my uneasiness.

“I invited him. It’s not like you two didn’t have a past right?” she teased.

I ended up mentally shaking my head. He sat right across to me so it was really hard to not look at him.

“Oh hyung grab something! It’s not like you don’t always come here” Jungkook added.

Always come here? Does he always come here?

“Well, Eunji say something!” my mother initiated.

I chuckled and greeted the ex-boyfriend “How are you?”

He looked right into my eyes and said “Just the same. How about you?”

“Just the same” I mimicked his response then the tables is once again in an awkward situation.

Since I finished eating, I excused myself to bring my suitcases upstairs In my room and also to change to more comfortable clothes.

“Make sure to get back here after you settled. Jimin didn’t come here for nothing” my mom whispered.

I shook my head before going upstairs. The moment I shut the door behind me I touched my heart. Be still my heart.

To be honest, I never really had someone so dear in my heart, after I broke up with him. I was on my 3rd year working in that Accounting firm when he had to go back to Busan. We lost contact after that so I kind of concluded that we were through. I though I got over him but seeing him again makes me want to ask questions on how he suddenly just went back to Busan when we were planning so much already in Seoul to start a family…our own family.

I went downstairs only to find him and Kookie in the patio, drinking. I was debating whether I should join them or just go back upstairs when Kookie found me.

“Noona! What are you doing there? Come here!” Kookie exclaimed.

I faked a smile and approached them. I sat in between them since it’s the only available space. I turned to smile at him. He did too. I grabbed the bottle and pour it on the glass, drank it one shot. Jungkook whistled.

“I will just be right back. I will get some appetizers” Jungkook declared.

When he left, I was about to pour my second glass when Jimin stopped me and took my hand and took it to his heart.

“Can you feel that?” he softly asked.

I my lips, thinking of what I should do.

“You’re doing that again.” he said.

My eyebrows are creased, questioning him.

“You always your lips when you think of something to say. Don’t do that. It always makes me want to kiss you.” He confessed.

He looked into my eyes, I stared back. I saw how he stared from eyes down to my nose and finally down to my lips. He adjusted himself and moved forward. I gulped. Just as I was about to close my eyes, Kookie arrived. We hurriedly resumed back to our position as we were when Jungkook left.

We looked at each other's lips and urged ourselves not to laugh. We drank the night away after that. And that was how my night ended.

 

 

 

X

hi guys! I dont want to seem demanding but omg are you loving this so far? Please comment if you do! Can you drop down your own bucketlist too so that our Jung Eunji here will be inspired? :) 

Anyway, thank you for that subbies for just one chapter. It may not be much to other people but it is for me <3 Let's get down this Eunji 365 days with me, yes? 

-- oppaji