Revelations, revelations

As Time Goes By...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“WHAT?! AN AFFAIR?” Hyejin sounded surprised at Moonbyul’s confession. Once they reached the rooftop, Moonbyul immediately revealed to Hyejin about Yongsun’s affair. “Not you, but Yongsun-unnie?!”

 

“WHY WOULD I EVEN THINK OF CHEATING, YOU ?” Moonbyul screamed out. “Why did you even fuss about it in the office?” Moonbyul leaned back at her chair and sighed. Hyejin sometimes can be so dense and this makes her shake her head in frustration. Now everyone in the office might be prying on her personal life all because of Hyejin’s stupidity.

 

On the other hand, Hyejin tumbled backwards with gaping wide open. She still couldn’t believe what she has heard from Moonbyul. She only sent the picture to tease Moonbyul, little did she know that Yongsun was truly having an affair. Such information was difficult for the younger girl to digest. She tried to regain her composure and stood up. “Wa—Wait… Let me get this straight,” Hyejin straightened her jacket and sat beside Moonbyul, “Yongsun is going on a hotel this Saturday.”

 

Nod.

 

“So, it’s in two days.”

 

Another nod.

 

“YONGSUN IS GOING TO A HOTEL WITH SOME BASTARD?!”

 

“DAMN IT. YES, HYEJIN, YES!” Moonbyul bellowed. Getting tired with everything that has happened, Moonbyul placed her head in between her hands. Two days and she’s still stuck in a rut, not knowing what to do. Two days and Yongsun’s off with some guy in a hotel doing God knows what. Two day was all Moonbyul has left. Two days…

 

“Yah! What are you going to do? It’s in two days, for Pete’s sake. Are you going to let her go to that hotel?” Hyejin asked, scratching her head in frustration.

 

Moonbyul gave her a smack to her head. “Of course not. But…” Moonbyul sighed, “I have no idea what should I do.”

 

Hyejin stood up and paced back and forth in front of Moonbyul who was still pretty crestfallen. “Yah, how about we break in?” Moonbyul shot her head up at Hyejin. “Let’s catch them at the scene, beat the guy up, and make a mess. Throw the divorce papers at Yongsun.”

 

“Divorce papers?” Moonbyul blurted out. She raised her hand at Hyejin rather weakly, signaling her to shush. “Let’s try to be calm okay. We can’t be sure yet if she’s indeed having an affair yet.”

 

Hyejin grabbed Moonbyul’s shoulder and shook her rather violently. “UNNIE, DO YOU HEAR YOURSELF? 'Yet'? Do you think that makes sense?” Hyejin released her hold of Moonbyul and puffed. “Listen to me okay. The moment she let him book a room, she is ‘out’. There’s a great difference in a man and woman’s affair. A man’s affair is like having measles. But with a woman, feelings are involved. It’s more serious.”

 

 “But she’s not having an affair.” Moonbyul looks far away, trying to recall everything that Hyejin and Wheein’s bickering yesterday during their meeting. “You guys said no. You guys said that during the meeting yesterday.” Hyejin rolled her eyes at Moonbyul and nodded weakly. “Fine, okay then. Just let it slide. Don’t ask her about the details. Cheating is not a big deal these days. You are being positive. This is good.”

 

That was the final blow to Moonbyul’s sanity. She grabbed Hyejin by the collar and lifted her up. “You bastard. How could you even say that?”

 

“THEN GO ASK YONGSUN! God, unnie. You should have talked to her when you first saw that text!” Hyejin did have point. She should have talked with Yongsun immediately after seeing those messages. She should have fixed this whole issue straight on from that moment her notifications popped out.

 

Releasing her hold of Hyejin, Moonbyul plopped herself back to her chair and sighed. “Unnie, I am doing this because I feel bad too. If you can’t ask her, go to a detective agency for help.” Hyejin suggested. “Get Yongsun-unnie’s caller list and find out how she responded to that bastard’s text message. If she said no to him, then there’s nothing to worry about.”

 

This was actually one of these times Moonbyul thought Hyejin was making sense. Since she can’t bring herself up to ask Yongsun, might as well turn to someone else for help.

 

 

Back home, Irene was preparing a grand dinner for her and Seulgi to share. Seulgi promised that she’ll be eating dinner at home tonight, something that she hasn’t done for days already (due to her sleeping around with her other girls). Seconds of waiting turned to minutes. Minutes turned to hours. It was nearly 10 o’clock and Seulgi hasn’t even arrived.

 

“Baechu, I am so, so, so sorry. I am late.” Seulgi said as she rushed into the dining area. Irene welcomed her with a kiss and took off Seulgi’s suit to place it in the stand by the door. “It’s fine. Come on, let’s eat now.”

 

“Let me wash my hands first, okay?” Seulgi left her attaché case at her chair and ran off to the bathroom. While she was away, Irene inspected Seulgi’s suit, smelling it and checking her pockets. Next, she went for her bag and rummaged it. Clean. She’s being careful nowadays, huh?

 

 

Moonbyul found herself standing right in front of an old building. She checked the address written on the crumpled paper in her hands. Yes, I am in the right location. Hyejin’s word did get into her head and now, she’s in front of a detective agency.

 

With hesitating steps, she marched forward heading to the office. She was a few steps away from the door when she suddenly decided to halt and walked back away. “Moonbyul, this is for your own good. Just get this thing over and done with.” With hurried steps this time, she rushed back towards the direction of the detective agency. Pushing the door with shaking hands, Moonbyul entered the office and approached the detective-in-charge who seemed to be busy skimming through the thick papers in front of him.

 

“Yes, please take a seat. I am Hyunkyu and as you can see, I am the one in charge here” Moonbyul shook his extended hand, albeit the fact that she was weirded out by his presence. Moonbyul glanced around the office. It looked pretty messy; a map with some random post-its was posted in one wall, whiteboards filled with random codes and address, full shelves occupy another wall. “There’s nothing special here, eh?” Hyunkyu broke of Moonbyul’s trance, “It isn’t like how movies depict it. Scary and mysterious.” Hyunkyu gave a rather hearty laugh.

 

Hyunkyu started asked her a couple of questions around her concern, filling in his notepad with all the details he needs for his investigation. “So, how many years have you been married, Miss Moon?”

 

“Eight years.” Hyunkyu made sure to take note of that and scribbled it away to his pad. “Hmmm… Eight years… Yeah, there’s a high chance. People start ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter