D-2 Until Wife’s Secret Meeting

As Time Goes By...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul, dressed in a sleek black suit, was walking back and forth in front of the wedding hall. Anxious, she puffed warm air to her hands hoping to calm herself down.

 

“Honey.” Yongsun called out, a wide smile plastered on her face. Moonbyul was beyond ecstatic seeing her bride in front of her. Beautiful didn’t fit to describe Yongsun at that moment, she was definitely beyond that. She open her arms wide as Yongsun was running towards her direction. Just as she thought she would be running into her arms, Yongsun ran past her and went inside the wedding hall, leaving a flustered Moonbyul outside.

 

“Honey?” she tried to chase Yongsun but the doors to the hall closed. As much as she tried to pry the doors open, it wouldn’t. “YONGSUN, OPEN THE DOOR! YONGSUN…” She peeped through the space in between the doors and saw her place her hand to someone else’s hand reached out to her. “YAH! YONGSUN WHO IS HE? WHO IS THAT MAN?! YONGSUN, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? YONGSUN!”

 

Moonbyul sprang up awake. A nightmare. Good lord, a nightmare… Just a nightmare… Moonbyul calmed herself down and composed herself. She realized passed out drunk in the sofa last night.

 

“You’re up early.” Yongsun said as she sat beside Moonbyul who was still pretty confused and flustered with her nightmare. “Wait? Did you sleep here?”

 

“Yeah, I did. I was finishing something last night and…” Moonbyul looked at her, still with a confused look, “I guess I fell asleep.” Yongsun rubbed Moonbyul’s back and gave her a peck on her cheek. “I’ll go and make coffee, okay?” Yongsun stood up and headed towards the kitchen.

 

Moonbyul studied Yongsun who was tending to the coffee machine in front of her. When a woman has an affair, it shows in her makeup and underwear. Moonbyul recollects the signs that she read from the excerpt sent to her a few days back. All of a sudden, the number of reunions and farewell parties increases. If her lipstick or her underwear get colorful, it’s pretty a sure sign. Moonbyul remembered seeing the receipts of Yongsun’s credit card expenses. Shoes, bags, even a massage, it definitely matched the signs she read about. She even found expensive lingerie on her drawer. Do you think she would wear it for her partner? Of course, not... With the recent events unveiling right before her eyes, she simply couldn’t deny it any longer. Yongsun was indeed having an affair, but with whom?

 

I don’t know who the man is yet. Her whereabouts tell me that she is looking forward to spending the night with him. She is looking after me as if nothing is going to happen.

 

Moonbyul dragged herself up to the dining table and sat down right across Yongsun and Umji. “It seemed that you drank last night, so I made Pollack soup for you. Here…” Yongsun lifted a spoon near Moonbyul’s mouth waiting for her to drink it. Moonbyul open and took a spoonful of the soup. I just can’t understand her theory. Is she trying not to get caught cheating?

 

“Honey, please finish feeding Umji. I have to get to work now.” Yongsun said as she gave a peck to Umji and Moonbyul’s cheeks. “Bye, honey. See you later.” Moonbyul’s gaze followed Yongsun who made her way back towards their room and bringing out a new pair of shoes. Her eyes widened as she saw those and jolted behind the shelf to peer over Yongsun wearing the new pair of shoes.

 

I couldn’t even bear to ask her straight up. I’m just standing here not knowing what to do.

 

 

Ask her what, Byul? Moonbyul let out a frustrated sigh as she was driving on her way to work. The only solution is to divorce her. Simple.

 

“Byul-ma, I think you should know that I am here.” Moonbyul snapped her attention to where the voice was coming from. “Wait… Wha—what are you doing here? What about school?” Moonbyul was confused. Why was Umji there again? “I only followed you here just like you said. Good thing, Byul-ma, you remembered I’m still here.” Umji replied.

 

Moonbyul gave herself a slap on her cheek. “I am so sorry, Umji. Wait, let me pull back up and send you to school. Oh my god.” Moonbyul banged her head on the steering wheel. Another great day it is for her.

 

Umji looked up to the sky and sighed. “It’s a perfect day to skip school.” The kid blurted out.

 

“What?” Moonbyul turned back at the kid once again. “Anyways, if Yong-ma and Byul-ma… So if Yong-ma and Byul-ma…” Moonbyul couldn’t afford to ask the kid directly. She was honestly wondering if they do end up deciding on divorce, who Umji would want to go with in the end.

 

“Are you getting me a sibling?” Umji brightened up at the thought of getting a sibling. She secretly wanted one since playing alone was boring for her at times. Moonbyul chuckled at Umji’s question and shook her head, dismissing the kid’s question. “Never mind. Come on, let’s get you to school.”

 

 

 

“How about working on our detective agency concept.” Wheein discussed. They were having another meeting regarding the new show’s format and once again, Moonbyul was pretty much lost on her own world again. What do I lack? “What’s the reason?” She spoke too loudly and Wheein mistook Moonbyul’s question as a question regarding her proposal.

 

“After abolished the adultery law, I heard detective agencies are getting more work.” Wheein nevertheless answered Moonbyul’s question even though it wasn’t meant for her. “So, I think we should make it more realistic.”

 

“Wouldn’t people say that we are just trying to make fun of it?” Hyejin inquisitively asked.

 

“We should think about it more, Wheein-ah.” Janghyun suggested.

 

“Think about what?” Moonbyul muttered. Once again, she spoke her own thoughts out loud. The team was startled and turned their heads at her direction.

 

Hyunseok spoke up in order to break the tension in the air. “I like it. Since we would be filming outside, we won’t need an MC or a studio. With the data I’ve gathered, we would be within our budget when we push through with this.”

 

Hyejin clapped her hands together in agreement. “Okay. Let’s go with this.” The rest of the team nodded in agreement, except for Moonbyul who was still lost in her sea of thoughts. “With a detective concept in mind, let’s go with the theme of forbidden love. Okay, I love it. Great, great…”

 

Just then, Moonbyul snapped her gaze at Hyejin. “What?” she scoffed, “Forbidden love? What is ‘forbidden love’? You call having an affair love?” Moonbyul drops her pen and turned to face Hyejin. “Hurting other people, is that love?” Hyejin shifted her focus on the paper she was holding instead. She couldn’t comprehend why Moonbyul was being weird once again.

 

Junghwa decided to speak up this time. “So what do we do with our ending? What do we do if we find out that they do have an affair?”

 

Wheein crossed her arms in front of her chest. “Then, we should first listen to what the wife has to say—“

 

“What do you mean listen to her?” Moonbyul fired back, “Do you think she would say I am the bad person? Why do we have to listen to her excuses?” Moonbyul was clenching her teeth in anger. She’s unable to hold back her emotions now, her voice rising up in irritation. “We are getting divorced no matter what. She will only make excuses.”

 

Despite Moonbyul’s weird outburst, Wheenin remained calm and collected. “But we can’t make all our clients divorce, Moon-PD. To solve the problem, we have to find out why his wife had an affair.”

 

“If you have a reason, can you stab someone with a knife?” Moonbyul was blurting non-sense already that Hyejin decided to step in. “What are you on about? Byul-unnie, come on now…” Wheein was now confused with Moonbyul’s demeanor. This wasn’t like her at all.

 

“Having an affair is the same. Those people who think cheating is love and romance, SCREW THEM!” Moonbyul was unreasonably agitated today, leaving the whole team startled when she rose up her voice. “Having an affair is a crime. Whoever does it, is a criminal!”

 

Hyejin and the rest stared at Moonbyul for a couple of minutes, wondering what just happened. Their silence was interrupted by a Hyejin’s phone ringing with a call from Krystal who was looking for Moonbyul. “… Ah yes, yes… I’ll relay it to her… Okay, bye.” Hyejin then placed her phone back to the table and turned to Moonbyul. “Director Jung was asking if your phone was off and…”

 

“I’ll turn it on.” Moonbyul cut her off with a reply that was nearly a whisper. Moonbyul fished out her phone from her jacket’s pocket. “AISH BATTERY!” Moonbyul screamed. Hyejin and the team scurried to find the power bank lying somewhere on the table and handed it to Moonbyul.

 

“Anyways, Director Jung said that she wants to see the project proposal as soon as it was done.” Hyejin relayed the information to the team. “The moment she heard the title, she definitely liked it.”

 

Moonbyul’s phone rang when she received a notification. Someone posted a comment on her board post. She rushed out of the conference room and headed straight to her desktop. Opening her board post, she read the new comments underneath her post.

 

 

My stocks are down and I’m feeling down. This added even more frustration to me right now. AAARRRGGHHH.

 

How lame are you to make your wife cheat on you? Divorce her.

 

Are you just making this up for attention? Seriously, people nowadays…

 

Divorce her. Having an affair is something that doesn’t deserve to be forgiven.

 

“I am divorcing her anyways, es.” Moonbyul hissed.

 

You must be having a hard time. Cheer up.

 

Is that Han River cold right now? Let’s go together.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter