It’s Payback Time

As Time Goes By...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun was up and about early in the morning that even her mother-in-law was amazed at her multi-tasking skills. “Aigoo, Yongsun-ah, I told you you shouldn’t bother with the breakfast.” Yongsun beamed at her, “Good morning, mom.” Byulyi’s mom snatched the ladle from her hands and shooed her away. “Now, go wake up Umji. She still has to go to school.”

 

Yongsun then dashed towards Umji’s room and woke up the kid, “Umji, wakey-wakey. Time to take a bath and head to school now.” It was the usual morning for her. Dash here, run there, tend to things here, fix those things there. But apparently she couldn’t get Byulyi’s voice out of her head, how she screamed and lashed out on her to how she heard her voice breaking. It was too much for Yongsun to handle, everything was too much for her to handle right now.

 

“Yong-ma, you okay?” Yongsun’s thoughts were cut off when Umji patted her cheeks and kneaded it on her tiny palms. Yongsun nodded at her as a reply and hugged the little girl. I destroyed everything. I destroyed Byul, I destroyed this family. What have I done? Once again, Yongsun trailed off to her thoughts only to brought back by Umji to reality again. “Ah, Yong-ma…” Umji hesitantly started, “Eunbi goes to an art academy. She told me she’s having fun there with all the paint and colors…” Yongsun smiled at Umji, sensing that she was envy at the thought of her friend attending an after-school activity. “Do you perhaps want to go as well?” she inquired, “Because if you want to, I can let you go there as well.” Umji peeked hopefully at Yongsun and saw that she was smiling brightly, a sign for the kid that she was serious. The little girl ran around the room in joy and tackled Yongsun with a hug. “Thank you, Yong-ma.”

 

For now, this could be Yongsun’s temporary source of happiness.

 

 

It’s Payback Time This Week – by AstroStar

 

I am now standing in front of that bastard’s workplace. This is finally the day when I could get back at him for destroying me, my marriage, and most of all my family. Here goes nothing…

 

 

Byulyi glanced up at the tall building in front of her. With her rage coursing through her body, Byulyi marched with heavy steps towards the lobby.

 

Minutes after she was escorted to a conference room, Byulyi twirled around the swivel chair she was sitting on. Various scenarios now running through her head. She has considered a lot of options including beating the guy to a pulp and embarrassing him in his own office by blackmailing him into admitting in front of everyone what he did. The opening of the door broke her thoughts and was greeted by a regretful Eric Nam.

 

“Sorry to keep you waiting Ms. Moon.” Eric extended his hand, hoping that Byulyi would be civil and accepting, “Once again, I’m Eric Nam.”

 

“I did not come here to exchange pleasantries with you. That’s the last thing that I wanna do here,” she spat rather harshly, “I came here because I have questions that I want to ask you.” And with that Byulyi stood up to meet him directly, face to face. “I heard it has been six months. You have a family too. Just what on earth were you…” Byulyi and Eric were both astonished when the lights suddenly shut off inside the room. Claps and giggles were then heard from outside.

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!” Eric’s employees barged into the room, bringing a cake and popping party poppers on the two of them. “Oh, it seems like Eric-nim’s friend came to greet him first and celebrate with us,” one of Eric’s employees quipped. Another employee then made her wear a birthday cap and pushed her to stand beside Eric for a group photo. “Alright, 1, 2, CHEESE!”

 

 

“So you just stood there, embarrassed, and hell, even sang a birthday song to him?” Seulgi asked, raising one eyebrow at Byulyi, who they had “punished” right in front of them by sitting on the air, “You must be out of your mind, Moon Byulyi.”

 

“Ditto” Hyejin added. “Aargh… What am I supposed to do then?” Byulyi retorted back, pain coursing through her thighs now, “Lash out on him while his employees where there?”

 

“Ditto.” Hyejin once again said. “Hyejin, can you stop saying that, it’s getting annoying already and you’re out of context,” Seulgi retorted back. Hyejin simply shrugged her off and turned her attention back to her phone while on her lollipop. “Can you guys please stop this non-sense and let me sit now. My thighs are ing burning already.” Byulyi pleaded, her face contorting in pain.

 

Seulgi kicked a chair towards her. Byulyi slowly sat down and exhaled rather deeply when she finally got to rest her burning thighs. “You’re another level of pathetic, you know that right?” Seulgi glared towards her direction, awaiting a reply. “So you just stood there and celebrated his birthday, eh?” Byulyi averted her gaze away from the two younger women in front of her and nodded in reply. “Aish, would you..” Hyejin gestured her fist towards the older woman but held herself back. “I even have a picture of the two of us on my phone now.” Byulyi replied.

 

Hyejin shot up and knocked Byulyi’s head rather strongly. “WHAT ARE YOU HIGH ON, MOON BYULYI?” she shot at her, “YOU HAVE FINALLY LOST YOUR MIND.” Seulgi, on the other hand, grabbed Byulyi’s phone and scanned through her gallery looking for the said cursed photo. “Oh would you look at that Moon Byulyi, all smiles around him, eh?” And just like that, she earned her second smack of the day from Kang Seulgi. “You are another level of obnoxious, you know that?”

 

Another day it is for Moon Byulyi who feels really pathetic.

 

 

If you have your revenge on the guy who cheated with your wife, do you think your wife would come back to you? What you have to do is face your wife, not take revenge. Revenge is for cowards.

 

“Me, a coward? Just who on Earth are you calling a coward, you ?” Byulyi’s sudden outburst caught the attention of everyone in the office. Wheein gestured to all of them to go back to their work and not mind the older woman who is seemingly busy scrolling her mouse and reading comments on her new board post.

 

Here goes Cabbage Wrap again. Stop trying to get attention, eh. Get lost.

 

If it isn’t the almighty Cabbage Wrap again.

 

Byulyi sighed as the comments section got rowdy and messy, expressing their disagreement with Cabbage Wrap. Irritated at first, but Byulyi read Cabbage Wrap’s reply once again and lamented on her comment. She never got to hear Yongsun’s side, that is certain, but does she really need to when in fact she was the one who was in the wrong, when in fact it was her who cheated? But she had to admit that shunning off Yongsun and seeking revenge is such a petty move and an act of cowardice. Rather than facing her problems, her she is posting random posts on some community board. Yep, Hyejin and Seulgi were right, you are another level of pathetic, Moon Byulyi.

 

 

“Oh hello, this is Umji’s mom. I was just wondering if I can still enroll Umji into the art academy. Are there any—oh, oh okay. Well, thanks though. Alright, bye.” Yongsun ran her fingers through her hair. Umji might be sad to hear that she can’t attend the arts academy already. Another thing to worry about has been added to her already growing pile of things to think of.

 

Just as she thought that was the only thing to be added today, a meeting with her director even added on to it.

 

“What do you mean a change of projects?” Yongsun asked sharply, “I have been working on the project with Nam Conglomerates for months already and now you’re suddenly taking it away from me?”

 

“It was the request of Mr. Nam itself, Ms. Kim. And besides you have a daughter, right? I don’t think you are able to handle such huge project with your family in mind. We have already assigned the project to someone else. In the meantime, I’ll be giving you a lighter one to work on. I do hope you understand, Ms. Kim.”

 

As much as Yongsun wants to retort back, she lost the strength to do so. Why is everything not going in accordance to her plan today? This probably is karma biting you, Yongsun.

 

 

Wendy has been pacing back and forth outside Seulgi’s office when she decided to step out. “Oh, where are you going, Seulgi-yah?”

 

Seulgi chuckled nervously, beads of sweat already trickling on her forehead. “Oh, hey Wendy. I—uhm—heading upstairs since Byulyi-unnie needs me for the briefing of the next episode of the reality show they are filming right now.”

 

Wendy nodded at Seulgi’s words, digesting everything she said. “But I got to tell you, Irene-unnie is coming here today.” Seulgi’s eyes shot wide at what Wendy said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter