Headache

Best Friend and Me

 

 Headache 

 

 

 You dropped to your knees holding your friend's head. Blood was dripping out of his head onto your hands. You began whailing his name.

   The cyclist got away.

   "I need an ambulance," Kang Chan Hee had called 119, "An incident happen. I think he is unconscious. Hit got hit by motorcycle. He's bleeding by the head!" He said everything sentence by sentence. "Please come at XXX street." Chan Hee hangs up your phone. "I'm leaving, (Y/N)"

   You breathe heavily hugging onto Dae Hwi. You put your hand over his mouth to check if he was breathing. You feel him blowing small amount of air. You start playing with hair, "Lee Dae Hwi, why did you do have the be like this? What do I do? What do I do?" you pulled him close to to you. As you watch Chan Hee go you muttered out curse words about him. Suddenly you hear sirens horns coming hear.

   The ambulance made their stop and paramedics bust out of the vehicle with a gurney. The three men picked up Dae Hwi from your arms to set him up. They pulled out their equipment and installed an oxygen mask on him.

   "He's breathing," said one of paramedics checking his pulse.

   "We got it from here, young lady," another one said, "Yah! Where his phone?"

   The men pushed Dae Hwi into the vehicle and sped away.

   You sit there dazing at the rushing ambulance. You did not know what to do. You then call your dad. It was ringing but no answer yet. You dialed again...

   "Appa is busy," your dad said.

   "Appa..."

   "Are you crying? What happen?"

   "Pick me up," you sniffed.

   "What happen?"

   "D-d--dae Hwi got hit by a motorcycle," you stammered.

   "I have to go! It's an emergency," you overheard your dad through the phone.


   Your dad drove up to you and rolled down the window, "Where's Lee Dae Hwi?"

   "He at the hospital," you open the door and threw your backpack in the car.

   Your dad put the car on drive and hit the peddles.

   "How did this happen?" asked your dad. "Your mom told me about Dae Hwi's folks is at the hospital."

   You took a breath, "I was in the middle of street with some boy, because he wanted to take me to the library, but I didn't want to. Dae Hwi picked a fight with him and a motorcycle hit him."

   You dad did not say another word afterwards.


   You and dad went in the emergency room. Suddenly​ you saw Dae Hwi's worried parents in the waiting room. His mom was crying.

   Your dad greets them and they said they were waiting since they got here. No one told them what was going on with Dae Hwi.

   "What happen to our baby?" His mom sobbed

    Her husband comfort her, "It's alright, dear."

    The doubles doors opened. It was a nurse holding a clipboard. "Lee Dae Hwi?" You all came up to her. "Which one of you are the parents?"

    They pointed at themselves.

   "Okay, follow me."

   You all enter the infermary. You see bandages wrapped on Dae Hwi's head. There was a blood stain on the side of his forehead​.

   "There are no major damages," stated the nurse, "It seems like he just serverly hit head and got his skin cut. But right now he unconscious."

  "What a relief," said Dae Hwi's mom.

   "If may I ask," said the nurse, "how did he get like this?"

   "We don't know," replied Dae Hwi's dad.

   "Dae Hwi fought someone," you spat out. "It was on street and a motorcycle came and it pushed him over."

   "That bad?" exclaimed the nurse.

   "The rider put the breaks late. It made him trip."

   "Our Dae Hwi isn't the fighting type," blurt out his mom. "Are you lying?"

   You shook your head.

   She took a breath and faced the nurse, "How long will he heal?"

   "A week or two."

  "Umma..." a muffled voice said.

   "Dae Hwi-yah!" Hearing his voice excites her. His parents haste themselves to the bed.

   "You will be alright, son," said his dad.

   His parents began showering him with love.

   "Bang Hyo Min!" his eyes widen.

   The heart monitor was beeping fast.

   "Where's Hyo Min?" He shrieked. "Yah! Where is Bang Hyo Min?"

   The parents panics and tells him to calm down. They said that you were in the room. He still screams for you. His body tremors on the bed. The monitor continues to paces.

   The nurses and a doctor bolted in and tells everyone else to leave as they operate on Dae Hwi.

   You all went inside the waiting room. No one said a peep.

   You started to cry again along with his mom.

   Moments later, the doctor came to inform to his parents. The mother grieves grew worse. His dad weeping eyes turned red.

   You saw how Dae Hwi's parent reacted. You knew it was no good. You lean on your dad's shoulder and let out all your emotions​.

  "Hyo Min-ah," your dad patted you, "Let's go home."

 You wake up from that dreadful dream. You sigh as your head runs around thinking about Dae Hwi. You shed tears.

   You glanced over to the nightstand. The scapbook was left on there. You turn the lamp on. Flipping through page after page.

   Imagine Lee Dae Hwi not being there with you. He will not be there at school. You cannot eat with him no more. How would Yoon San Ha be notified? That one thing San Ha and Dae Hwi have in common, they do not have that many friends. San Ha probably thought Dae Hwi was like another brother -- similar to his age. Do not forget about how you will miss his twinkling eyes that made you smile back at him. Or him playing the piano where you dance to his melodies. What about hearing his deepen sweet voice?

    You waste all your tears on that scapbook. You clenched on it. You then go on your phone gallery, swiping through the taken selcas. Just for no reason you look at his call log. It's funny how you known it by heart. Just right there, you click dial. You sniffled as you threw the device on the floor, then you lay your head on the pillow. You had to admit that Lee Dae Hwi is gone.

   "Hello? Hello? Yah, (Y/N). Do you know what time it is?"