The Bus Trip

Best Friend and Me

  1  

 The Bus Trip 

   Clank! Clank! Clank! Clank!

    Your slumber was disturbed by the knocks of your bedroom window.

   "Bang (Y/N)!" It was just your friend Lee Dae Hwi.

 

   You check your phone and realize that you had 20 minutes to get ready before the bus arrives. Yet again, you had overslept from reading webtoons in the middle of the night.

   "Bang (Y/N!"

   You walked up to your window, you have grew peeved and open the blinds.

   "Woman, I ain't got the time to wait on you!" 

   You rolled your eyes at Dae Hwi and closed the curtain. You stripped away your pajamas to dress into your school uniform. You brushed the naps off your head and placed a headband, next you applied some lipstick on. You grabbed your backpack and rush out the front door.

   Dae Hwi was standing there. He took your wrist and lead you into the street.


   You both were right on time for the bus, taking the seats side-by-side. Dae Hwi took out his headphones and put on his left bud on; while you took out your phone to read some comics.

   Dae Hwi snatched your phone, scrolling it.

   "Hey!" you whined, "Give that back!"

  He scoffs continuing to scroll, "So is this what you have been reading? Is this reason why your eyes gotten darker?" he teased.

   You slightly stretch the corner of your eye, reflecting on his insult.

   "Anyways," he sighs, "You need to sleep at a decent time. I don't need to keep waking you up every​ time we need to go."

   You were silent to him.

   "You will do as I say," he says while squeezing both of your cheeks.

   "Ew, stop it," you pushed his hands away and snatched back your phone.


   By then, it was you and Dae Hwi's time to leave the convertible. The bus stop is three block from entering campus ground. You and Dae Hwi normally be outside the school building with most of the other students before class begins. Your little spot is where the park benches when some of other people you hang with.

   Yoon San Ha sat next to you showing his teeth for impression, "Hyo Min-ah, did you do the homework from science?"

   You pulled out your backpack and rustle through some papers.

   When you got your sheet out, San Ha took a snap of it from his phone and thanked you.

   Yoon San Ha is pretty faced boy with dyed blonde hair. He sits in front of you in class. And of course, he is a class mutual and from the same neighborhood​. He doesn't get on the bus with you and Lee Dae Hwi since his parents drops him off to school often. And ever since he moved it was kinda awkard for him to make friend, but luckily Dae Hwi came to fix that.

   Yoon San Ha 

  From habit you always do your homework immediately. Even if you got some time in class after once it was given to you, you always got to it because you believe you should do your responsibilities first. Afterwards as soon as it's done you can do whatever you please.

 

 

   It was time for class. Your homeroom is on the 2nd floor and luckily your best friend is there, too. Lee Dae Hwi sits on the right side of you.

  Your chemistry teacher, Mr. Choi came into the room and the students stood up and bowed him good morning.

  San Ha turned to you setting the homework on his desk. "(Y/N), how do you convert these?"

  You sniffed your nose and got out a pencil. "So you know the average of kilopascale and millimeters of mercury? So when converting this," you explain, "this has be to a fraction." You wrote the formula on his sheet.

   San Ha turned "Okay, I get it. You multiply this with the average standard between the two."

   Mr. Choi pulled out a stack of papers in front of his desk. "Students, today's Friday! Test time," he smiled at the students as he gave each row the papers to pass down.

 

   By the time testing was done, you laid your head on the desk from your tiredsome. Somehow a strand of your was plucked. You knew who it was, so you looked over to right from where the shadow of the arm was at. "Dae Hwi, stop!"

    He chuckles with his hand over his mouth. Then he point his finger across your face. 

   Right there -- you bit it.

   "Ouch! Alright I'll stop." he said. Dae Hwi laid his head, too, facing you. "Hyo Min-ah~"

   You answer​ with a him with a hum.

   "Let's go out for ice cream tomorrow, okay?" he smiles.

   "Can I come?" Yoon San Ha turned around, scrunching his nose and his finger tips placed on your​ desk.

   Dae Hwi lifts his head up with a stern expression, "Bring your own money with you."

   San Ha molded a fist at Dae Hwi, presuming it was just a free offer. He plop his arms down pouting his face, "That test was hard."

   You also had lifted your head, being disappointed at this boy, "San Ha-yah, you should have done your homework." 

  "I know... I just didn't know how to convert," he replied. San Ha then flicks your forehead and asks, "How do you do it since you are so smart?"

   You flick at him back, "Study."

   San Ha rubs away the spot.

   Dae Hwi pulled his body near you to hit your forehead as well, "Hey, be nice."

   As you got assulted you close your eyes tight, gritting your teeth, and exhaled sharply.

   Your friend snickered at you.

   Up until school was over you and Dae Hwi's headed to your usual transportation to home.

 

 

 

   Once you and Lee Dae Hwi stepped into the vehicle, you observed how crowded the bus was  -- as if it was nobody would want to leave.

  "Ahjussi," a young man with tons of wired-up gadgets was stuffing it all into his backpack at the last minute.

    You and Dae Hwi stepped aside for the man to exit.

  The man thanks the bus driver for his patients.

  "There's a spot," Dae Hwi points at where that man previously seated.

   Before taking a seat, a woman with her baby was behind you.

  Dae Hwi offers to give it up, decides that he would rather stand and hold a ring.

   The woman smiles for appreciation and sat at the window.

   You sit next to the woman, taking out your phone to continue your story.

   Your forehead got attacked again.

   "Lee Dae Hwi!" you shriek as you slammed your phone onto your lap.

     Dae Hwi laughs.

   "You want to still play piano, right?" you threatened.

   "Aish! You witch!" He hissed as he clenches his hands a few times.

   A loud giggle from the women next to you, she covers to whispers to you, "Don't be like that to your boyfriend."

   You blinked at her comment. You turned your head towards her in disbelief of her thoughts and overstates, "Agassi, he's a rodent. I would never think of him as any other thing than he already is."

   "Call me Unnie" she waves off and chuckles, "I'm only 22 years old and I used to wear that uniform," she added.

   You continue to listen, though you felt that you probably offended this unnie's senority, but she seems to be alright with it.

   "I've seen you two a lot in this bus. Sometimes I'd notice how you've acted before," the women goes on laughing, "I had a friend like that before, known him since primary school."

   You and Lee Dae Hwi been friends since primary school as well.

   "We wedded last year."

   That probably explains that she has a baby.

   The bus harshly hit the breaks, forcing passengers wobble. A driver must have sped past the street, attempting an accident to happen, because you heard a vehicle was holding the horn for five seconds and tires scratching the road.

   A body landed on your lap. Your phone hit the floor. You were nose to nose at that familiar face. You dazed into those alluring eyes. You did not mind that Lee Dae Hwi loaded onto you. To be honest, it wasn't weird at all.

   

   That Unnie started giggling again with her hand over , while the other holding the baby still.

   She's weird.

  Dae Hwi gets up and bit his lip by forcing himself not smile.


   At the moment, it was time for you and your friend to leave the bus so you can trail down to the nieghborhood.

   You took a grip on the straps from your pack back. "So what are you going to do?"

   "Well first, of course I will have do my schoolwork, then piano."

   You sighed knowing your friend wouldn't ask you the same thing since you could tell he knew already. Reading comics is all you could do from mind. Then something came up, "Dae Hwi-yah."

   "Huh?"

   "After I finish my studying, can I come over and watch you play?"

   Dae Hwi tils his head down, "Okay."

   You were glad. "Sure."

   Few steps ahead you two waved bye to each other before entering home.

 

   

 

   Your phone chimes. You took your bag off your arms and went through it, then it was message from your Kakao Talk.

 

 Yoon San Ha: Have you done the math homework yet?