Break In

Best Friend and Me

 9  

  Break In 

 

 

   "Hello? Hello? Yah, Bang  (Y/N)! Do you know what time it is?"

   "Dae Hwi!" you sat on the floor and picked up the phone.

   "Sleep --"

   You broke down sobbing again, "Lee Dae Hwi, is that you?"

   "Are you crying?"

   "Are you at the hospital?"

   Dae Hwi hangs up.

   You whimpered over your pillow. Hearing Dae Hwi was bemusing imagination. You start to gnaw your nails off your finger. What just happen? You try to close your eyes again, hoping this night passes. It still was not working. You took you phone again to cope on reading web comics.

   Clank! Clank! Cla-clank!

   You stood still listening to the noises.

   Clank! Clank!

   Your phone lights up as it vibrate. You smiled at the screen. It was Lee Dae Hwi again. 

   The window knocks again. You open the blinds. You cheerfully gasp and had to open the window. You dragged your best friend inside by taking his arms.

  He collapses on the floor.

   "Dae Hwi, are you okay? I thought you died," you start to babble loudly.

   Dae Hwi tries to hush you.

   "You got fought Kang Chan Hee?!"

   "Shut up! Your parents will wake up!"

   "And a motorcycle hit --" your chin was slightly grabbed and your lips got smacked against Dae Hwi's. You blink once, then stared at Dae Hwi's closed eyes.

    Dae Hwi let goes of you, "Your parents will hear you. Shut up."

   You exhaled. "Yah," you flick his head, "Why are you not talking to me."

   "I'm sorry, Kang Chan Hee --" he notice your face was puffy for a moment, "Have you been crying?"

   You gulped.

   "Did you had a bad dream?" he pulls you in for a hug.

    As you lean on your best friend you clench onto his clothes.

    "Aigoo~ Did you miss me that much?"

   You hummed. That dream was so realistic, it was riduculous how you actully believed it happen.

   "Okay, I'm done comforting you," He withdraws the hug.

   You pull your hair to the side, "I'm scared."

   "(Y/N), we have school in the morning," he exclaimed.

   You look at him with pouty lips.

   "Fine," he sighs, "Just for a while."

   You hopped onto your bed and turned off the lamp; Dae Hwi lays down on the floor.

   "It's cold I need a blanket," said Dae Hwi.

   "But I only have one."

   "Share the covers then and get under the sheet."

   "No! Get under the bed."

   Dae Hwi gets up to strip the covers off from you and lays back down.

   You rolled your eyes and slither into your sheet.

    Yet you could go to sleep, you began reading online comics again from the app. As go deep within the story, it was entertaining you. Some of the moments made you laugh until -- You were nudged by a foot.

   "What are you doing on your phone?" Apparently he sees the lights coming from the sheets.

   Dae Hwi rips the covers. You flinched as he takes your phone. He starts scrolling, "I thought you were texting you" he says, "But your just reading those icky romance series." You try taking your phone back but he dodges. Dae Hwi turns off your phone and throws into the draw. "Yah, what's this?" He cut the lamp on. "Our scrapbook?" he held it as he rose an eyebrow. "Bang (Y/N), either you had a nightmare or you tricked me."

  "Me?" you raised your voice.

   Dae Hwi hushes you again.

   You tooka breath, "You worry about Kang Chan Hee. I hear his name when you don't finish your sentences."

   "So?" he snaps , "I don't want to talk about my feelings."

   You cross your arms at him, uncertain of what your friend did to shut you up.

    Dae Hwi gave you a dirty look and turned off the lights.

   Silence reasembles momentarily.

   "What would you do if I wasn't around anymore," you asked

   "Live my life," Dae Hwi replied.

   Best answer I had ever heard in my life. "Would you still talk to me or any kind of communication."

   "I promise if that ever happens to us," he breifly said. "(Y/N))."

   "Huh?"

   "What happen in your dream?"

   As embarrasing as how you confront Dae Hwi in that manner you regret having that dream. "You died."

    "How?" smacking his lips.

    "You had a seizure. And I didn't want to see your body afterwards."

   "Wow, you didn't come my funeral?" he joked.

   You threw one pillow at him and grumbled, "Jerk."

   "Thanks, I needed that," he said as he put his head on top of the pillow.

   Both of you stopped talking and went to snoozing.

   Few hours later, you wanted to get a midnight snack. You tiptoed out of room to go to the kitchen. You open the frigde and notice the fried doughtnuts. You crotch down as you nibbled the doughnut from both your hands. Taking bites of that sugary edible while stil had the fridge open.

   Creaky sounds enter through the kitchen. The lights flashed on.

   You turn where the switch was and sees your friend recoils at you.

   Dae Hwi turns off the lights as you slowly hear him drawing back into your room.

   You stood up taking the last bite, closing the fridge. Next you wipe the crumbs off your mouth and hit to bed.

   "Were you sharing?" whispered Dae Hwi. You see Dae Hwi phone brighten as he checks the time, "I have to go now. It's a quarter after three."

   "Oh, sure." You wanted him to stay a little longer.

   Dae Hwi sighs coming in for another hug. "I had fun watching you cry."  Then he goes to open the window. "Yah, close it on my way out." Dae Hwi slids out.

   You went up to the window. You jumped up hearing Dae Hwi screech and a thud . You stick your head out the window. "What happen?"

   Dae Hwi was on floor. "Hi, Ummanim~"

   You spot at direction where Dae Hwi faces and your mouth dropped.

   "Go home," your mom points at Dae Hwi. "We'll discuss this tomorrow. Go to bed," she ordered you.