38°C

Best Friend and Me

 4   

 38°C 

 

 

 

  It was last block at school, yet it also time for school hours to end. Recently today, you could barley focus on your classwork from your headache. You try not mind since it was minor. Your nose was stuffy, so you tried to be breathe through your mouth. Unfortunately, your throat was swollen which forces you to cough.

   Few marbles of cough drops hit your desk, you looked at Cho Hyeyeon passes by. She gives a twirl around, smiling at you before sitting at her desk. You smiled back. It was not much of a surprise that Hyeyeon would give you these since she act like cough drops are candy. You and Cho Hyo Yeon did not like one another last year, but you got along after doing a class project.

 Cho Hye Yeon

   You took a piece and Lee Dae Hwi asked if you were alright. You lie to him that you were fine. Finally the bell rung, you and Dae Hwi go on to leave campus. You get goose bumps just by the temperature out outside.

   "Bang Hyo Min!" You turn around hearing skits rubbing against the sidewalk. Just as Kang Chan Hee took more steps he pants for his breath. "Bang (Y/N).." he huffed for his next breath. "Will you go the library with me, today?"

Kang Chan Hee

   Kang Chan Hee is a nice boy -- but too nice that seeing his face at time was annoying. People use to asked if you actually have been dating him.

   You took a cough under your shirt, "I'm sorry. I don't feel well."

   Chan Hee takes your hand, "Get better, okay? We'll do it some other time," he says biting his lips.

   "Yah, Kang Chan Hee!" Dae Hwi hollers before Chan Hee could go. Dae Hwi laid a hand on his shoulder, "What's up?"

   Chan Hee scoffed as he looks at hid hand, he swiped Dae Hwi off of him, "You better quit."

   One thing about Lee Dae Hwi and Kang Chan Hee is that they do not get along. You don't know for what reason, but one time they got into a fight in 8th grade. It was rumor that they were fighting over you, but you did not believe it since there was no serious relationship between you or either one of them. And sometimes Dae Hwi does not want you to be around with Chan Hee.

   Chan Hee waved bye to you and left.

   "Why you..." Dae Hwi muttered.

   "I didn't even answer," you murmured.

   "Shut up." Dae Hwi took your wrist and walked.


   Luckily your parents were home so you told them how ill you were. Your mom went into the kitchen and grab some medicine from the cabinet. Once you were taking a dose, she check your temperature, "You're warm."

   "Umma, my throat hurts."

   "Open up," you did as she told. "Who you've been kissing?"

   "What?!" You widen your eyes. She think it's probably Lee Dae Hwi. "Nonono! No one, Umma! No one!" Your volume was high. You shivered by realizing you had overreacted to your mom's joke.

   Your mom raised an eyebrow up without a dibivious expression. "Go wash, you're not going to school tomorrow."

 

   After you took a shower, you went to your room and rolled into bed. You scroll through your phone. You saw two Kakao Talk notification from Dae Hwi and San Ha.

Yoon San Ha: Why are you not at the library with me and Kang Chan Hee?

   You squinted your eye reflecting back at what happen earlier. San Ha was going there, too? You shake your head.

You: I'm sick. Maybe soon.

   Then you went to see what Dae Hwi had to say.

Lee Dae Hwi: What are doing?

You: Nothing

Lee Dae Hwi: Really??

   That was quick.

Lee Dae Hwi: Can I come over???? I already asked my mom. LOL It's been so long I'd came inside

   You covered your mouth as you blushed.

You: Sure. I don't mind. ( • 3 •`)


   There was a knock at the door and your dad open it. "Ah~ Lee Dae Hwi~ What brings you here?"

   Dae Hwi bows to your father after he enters through the door, "I'm here to see (Y/N)."

   "Ah... Did you eat anything?"

   "Yeah I had something at home, thank you."

   "She's in her room. Apparently she had caught a bug," Your dad chuckles.

   "Okay."


   Knock Knock "Can I come in?" Dae Hwi sees you through the dim light that you had wrapped your whole body around in a blanket . He sits on the floor next to your bed. "Hyo Min-ah not feeling well?"

   You popped your head out like a rabbit out of its hole and pouted, "It's cold..."

   "You will be alright," he smiles at you as he cross his legs together.

   "My mom said I can't go to school. Also, she was trying to be funny to me -- she asked me who I kissed."

   Dae He puckers his lips and points at it.

   "I hate you."

   "Anyways, just two week ago my throat was hurting, but I didn't let it bother me much. Like my tonsils were so pale."

   You blinked at him. Of course your throat hurts, but you believe you could relate. You jumped out of bed to go up to the mirror to examine your mouth. I shared a spoon with - "Yah Lee Dae Hwi!" You charged up on him by pinning his shoulder onto the foor, "You got me sick!"

   You two did not say a word after that moment. Still in the same position. Your hair flops over to the side. You see that Dae Hwi's eyes twinkles as he endearingly smirks at you. You wanted to hit him again but you could not by staring at his face. He looked so innocent to you.

   "You smell nice," he whispered.

   You smiled back at Dae Hwi.

   "Bang (Y/N)! I said no babies!" Your mom roared as she stood at the door.