The Player

Best Friend and Me

 6 

 The Player 

 

 

 A week after from your illness and, yes, finally it was all over with. You nose is cleared up and your croaky voice was gone, now you have improved yourself by feeling more energized than ever.

   You San Ha had asked you and Lee Dae Hwi to play some hoops at the park from town.

   You were on the bleachers watching the boys play, rather than ---

   "Bang Hyo Min, get off your phone," Dae Hwi nags.

   "Dae Hwi-yah, come on!" San Ha hold the ball at his hips.

   "No. I want to Hyo Min to play with us."

   San Ha smacked his lips.

   You were playing​ games on your phone trying to earn a new high score.

   Dae Hwi sighs and encounters with San Ha as he snatch the ball away from him.

   "Yah!"

   Dae Hwi dribbles the ball a few times maintaining his patience for his next move. Next, he holds the ball as he aims for the hoop. The ball hits the ring and drops onto the floor. "Dang it!"

   San Ha laughed at the boy's miss and picks up the ball. He fired instantly from his direction and got the perfect shot. He grabs the ball again and makes another round into the goal, "I'm on fire!"

   "Let me see that," said Dae Hwi.

   San Ha nods and passes the ball to Dae Hwi, in which he got a good catch.

   "Bang(Y/N)! Head up!"

   "What?" You glance at the round object flying towards your face. By flinching, the ball fits into your hands. You were felt as ease realizing that you caught it and you snarl at your friend, "You idiot, I don't want to play." You threw ball towards San Ha.

   "Hey!" Kang Chan Hee walks into the court.

   "Hey, man," replied San Ha, "I thought you didn't want to come."

   "I had to get out the house. My mom making a rampage out of my brother."

   "Okay. We're just playing some basketball, if that's okay with you."

   "I'm cool with playing." Chan Hee then sees you and waves.

   You looked away giving him a weak wave back. From being awkward with Chan Hee, you bit your thumbnail.

   Yoon San Ha and Kang Chan Hee began their game for a moment and tend to makes some points.

   Dae Hwi takes few steps on the bleachers and sat next you, "Play with me." He had his hands clenching up against his cheeks.

   You cringed at his cute voice, yet gigging with your hand over your mouth, thinking how silly he is for trying to pull off his aegyo.

   "(Y/N)-ah~~ (Y/N)-ah~~" 

   You try not to smile as you hid your face.

   "Lee Dae Hwi!" called San Ha, "Are you playing?"

   "(Y/N)-ah, I will not leave you alone until you play with us."

   You chuckled and joined with the boys. San Ha tosses you the ball. You hair was in the way so you put the ball to your side and took out the a hair-tie from your wrist.

   "I got it." Lee Dae Hwi takes  your hair-tie and pulls your hair back. After he was done you beamed at him. "There. Pretty."

   You go off to bounce the ball around. When you got beside the hoop you placed the ball up against your chest to steady. You launched it. Pong! The ball hits the board and falls down.

   The boys snickers at you.

   You pouted while crossing your arms for being teased.

   "Do it again," cheered San Ha.

   You exhaled as you go get the ball back. Redoing everything, you again put the ball up against your chest. This time you bend your knees by dribbles more. You  flourish off the ground by Dae Hwi and finally you choked it. After Dae Hwi sets you down, you spirally jumped around in joy and gave him a high five.

   "Yah! If you two wanted to have date, you both should tell me," joked San Ha.

   You squint your eyes and gritted at the boy for saying something stupid.

   "Shut up, Corndog!" Dae Hwi told him.

   "You guys want to use the restroom? I got to go," said Chan Hee

   Yoon San Ha suggest go to one at a coffee shop from two blocks.


   You guys were in the coffee shop and all were going to use the restroom.

   Dae Hwi had told you that he was going to get you some coffee later on.

   Once you were done you saw Kang Chan Hee did the same as well.

   "Hey Bang (Y/N) do you want go outside and talk for a bit?"

   You rubbed your hand upon your arm and nodded. But what for? You asked yourself.

   As you went with Chan Hee, he asked about going on "Wow, you been sick all school week."

   "Yeah," you scratch your neck. This small talk is bland, just having a conversation with Kang Chan Hee is boring because there is nothing decent to talk about. Not even a good inside joke -- If there is one.

   Chan Hee wraps himself around you, "I'm glad you've gotten better."

   You were stiff. You did nothing back at him. Your breathing level got slightly narrow. You wanted it to be over.

   Chan Hee gave in more of a squeeze.

   "(Y/N)-ah where are you," you heard your best friend voice enters the out doors, "The coffee --"  You observed over Chan Hee's shoulder, you see your friend frowing. He goes back inside and viewed through the class that he gave Yoon San Ha both containers.

   You repelled yourself from Kang Chan Hee to scold on him, "Why are you doing this? We're not even friends."

   Chan Hee exhales from speechlessness, he puts his hands in his pocket. He avoids eyes contact by dropping his head down.

   Dae Hwi comes back out and grasp your wrist tugging you to follow him.

   Your other wrist was grabbed by Chan Hee, "No!"

   Dae Hwi let goes of you with his nose flaring at Chan Hee. Next he storms out as he ruffles his hair out of frustration.

   You was perplexed to watch Dae Hwi abandon you.

   San Ha comes out, "Where's Lee Dae Hwi?"

   You sigh looking at San Ha and went to track Dae Hwi.

   "Hyo Min-ah, where you going? Chan Hee --" San Ha  stopped and jumped to conclusions, "I have to go to the bus with her!" San Ha leaves Chan Hee to run after you. "Bang (Y/N)!"

    Dae Hwi waits on the bus bench.

   "Dae Hwi-yah..." you sit next to him, "What happen?"

   Dae Hwi rubs his nose, "It's nothing."

   You went to grab his hand. But he knew it was coming so he kept it away from you. "Dae Hwi-yah." 

   "Kang Chan--" He paused percheing his lips to breathe out from his nose,  "Just don't talk to me." Just by reading Dae Hwi's rattled eyes that he really has something bottled up.