New Year, New Person, New ..?

Magic cant be real

 

” Vicky, come on ! We are late .”  Tiffany said as I grabbed my backpack and wear my sneakers . We want to go to Green Square where all people gather up counting down to midnight and greet Happy New Year ! to people beside then . Its still 9PM .and Tiffany said we are late . Pfft , clumsy Tiff . Tonight , i wore something really simple . Less makeup . I mean we are not going ro a grand party or something . I wear thos cute graphic t-shirt , short jeans which show my long legs , sneakers and I tied up my hair into ponytail, Simple and adorable , I said to myself and smile . Somehow , i am not very excited like the other five of my friends . Go with the flow , that’s what I feel like doing tonight . Vicky , just go with the flow.

   Time now is 10PM and people start singing , having fun , kids running here and there playing with their friends . Nichkhun , Junsu , and Wooyoung were chatting on the corner . There’s a lot of people , they wear cap and hoodie , no one seems to notice . A few minutes later , Nichkhun heard a group of girls laughing when one of them crack a joke . He took a glance of where the girls are.

   Amber cant stop joking with that old story and i keep laughing everytime I listen to the story . Haha! We laughed and laughed , no one cares to look at us . Its a public place where people having fun and excited waiting for midnight . They gather here , because the place is safe , we are not partying we are just having fun . Besides , a lot of family bring thier children here . So the place is safe. But i feel like someone is watching . He is watching us from far . Yes, its a he . A few seconds later , the guy start to talk to his friends .

  ” ‘Gather up boys and girls! ’ We are going to witness the most incredible fireworks in the city ! ” A man said , he looks like my father . He is a man who always do firework every year , same place . All of us gather up .I am so excited to see the firework this year . ‘And 10,9,8..” My hand is ready with my camera . I held it up in the air so i can capture the most awesome firework this year . “7,6,5,4..” Relax Vicky ! It’s just a firework, I say to myself. But as always I dont hear to the voice in side my head talking . “3,2,1! Happy - “

   “Oh I’m so sorry”, The guy.Yes! The guy who was watching us from far .That guy . He messed up my moment to capture the most beautiful firework this year . Oh no, i feel like crying . My camera fell off from my hand and on to the ground. The guy and I look for it in the middle of the cherring crowd .I saw the camera and took it but at the same time , my Blackberry fell down and so do his. We take it and stand back normally .

   “I am so sorry. I didn’t mean to. The kid accidently push me and I accidently bumped to you . I am so sorry. Are you okay ? ” Said the guy . I kept saying the guy as ’ the guy ’ now. 

   “Yea,I’m okay . ” That’s the only thing I said.

   “Are you sure? I can make it up for you by buying you a drink or something ” He come closer and said beside my ear because of the noise . Instead if him shouting , he came closer and said it slowly . That. Is. Sweet. I thought . But ,

   ”No, no thanks . I have to go with my friends ”That’s what i said . I left him without saying a word.

   6 of us in the house woke up late today .Thank goodness there’s no class today. Everyone seems to hit the snooze button everytime the alarm clock start to play annoying song. 6 of us , Amber , Tiffany , Lily , Chistina , Melina and I slept in the living room after we came back from the New Year Celebration . My thumb is ready ,anytime, to hit the snooze button .But there’s incoming message . Who texted me in this early morning ? Ok , fine . Its in not that early but still .

       Hey Khun , we are starving . Come home early please :P

I suppose the person who texted me get the wrong number so I just let it be and continue to sleep . As i’m in the deep sleep , more message come in .

      Hey Khun aa, where are you ? Waiting here~

More wrong number ! For god’s sake , I am not Khun. Who is Khun anyway ? I reread both of the message and realize that the message is From Taec. Since when i have a friend named Taec ? Suddenly, I thought of something. Quickly check my blackberry and it is all different in the inside! Most importantly , I’ve lost my new ,precious Blackberry. That statement really wakes me up and i quickly wake Amber up but she reply me with her snoring .

   Frustrated , I went to my room and start dialling my number with this alien phone . Beep , beep . No response . Beep beep, Oh come one, answer the phone ! beep beep..

   “Hello?”

The guy. The guy who ruin my firework moment and offered me a drink gentlemenly .

   ”You?” I reply immedeatly.

   “You?” He replied back .There’s a long pause. A very long pause before -

   “You have my phone” both of us said simultaneously.

   “Yes, I know,” Yet again we said it together.

   “So Khun, Can you give back my phone ? Need my phone right now. Its so important.”

   “Well, my blackberry is important too. But, if there’s any incoming call, or any message, reply it and call your phone and tell me what’s the call s about. I’m very busy this week so you have to keep my phone for awhile. I trust you. We will meet next Monday. Okay ? “

   ”But what abou-“

   “Oh , and you blacberry? I’ll keep it too. I’ll tell anything if there’s a call. Dont worry,I’m a very responsible man. By the way , whats your name ?”

I can feel that Khun is smiling . the way he talk is so cute but he is very rushing and demanding. I cant quite tell myself am I mad? Or is it okay to let my precious new phone to some random and strangers for one whole week because he is busy ?

   “Hello, still there?”

I was shocked to hear a guy’s voice all of the suddden and remembered that the guy is Khun . Whatever his name is , Khun, the guy that bumped into me , new years eve and have my phone for one whole week.

   “Okay, deal. Keep my phone for one week and I keep yours. Make sure you update me with everything but do not open any files in my phone . Its privacy. I’ll do the same thing too. We will meet in one week and make sure my phone is in good condition . And by the way , my name is Victoria . Just call me Vicky. “

   “Hey Vicky , thank you very much . I owe you , will make it up to you later. See ya “

  “Yea, see-“

Click. End of conversation. I guess Khun is really busy with work.Whatever he is doing. What makes him so busy at such a young age ? Is he a busy person that will make me occupied answering his call? What if his girlfriend call? What if his mother call and asking me who am i ? What if he’s a criminal or a secret agent and I have to keep the gorverment’s secret ? Oh my god. Oh Khun. Who are you ? I want my Blackbeyy back.