Genesis

I'm not lost, I'm right where I am! (Though, where I am might be lost)

Kyungsoo was simply sitting contemplating his life, much like he always had, when he grabbed a napkin, inexplicably drawn to the idea of writing something on it. He wasn’t quite sure what, as he had never written anything other than what school required of him in his fourteen years of life, but he was determined to write something. Perhaps it would calm the existential crises happening in his head.

He liked it, the way the pen looked on the soft brown material. He had to hold it down a bit more carefully than he might a normal piece of paper, but it was satisfying, so he kept going.

He wrote about a boy. Not a young boy or an old boy, but a boy about his own age. Only, this boy wasn’t dealing with the horrors of freshman year of high school in a country unfamiliar to him. No, this boy was a sorcerer’s apprentice; he was learning the fundamentals of magic.

Well… well except didn’t stories always make the main character wait a while before getting to deal with cool stuff? The boy should probably have to wait, too. For now… for now he was learning little things. Not spells, but how to feel the magic within himself. He thought it was a bunch of baloney, but his master understood the importance of it.

The boy had to sit outside a lot and try to “feel” the universe. He wasn’t sure what that was supposed to feel like, and he was relatively certain that he was developing a permanent sunburn. Apparently he’d eventually be able to “feel” the energy of the sunlight and prevent it from causing the chemical reaction in his cells that resulted in a tan. The trouble was, he wasn’t even getting tan. It was a sunburn! He was roasting alive!

Kyungsoo laughed under his breath and took a mental step back from his story. He liked the boy. He wasn’t sure what sort of magic he had, exactly (he actually wasn’t sure what a sorcerer even did), and he wasn’t sure what the plot would be, but this would be his character.

Kyungsoo would write him a world to live in.

 


A/N: I wrote this on a napkin. Also, this was the first time he ever wrote anything. His English was pretty bad, but he tried anyway, and kept trying, and now look at him.