The Little Things

I'm not lost, I'm right where I am! (Though, where I am might be lost)

Kyungsoo shifted, settling more snugly against Yixing, legs draped over the elder’s body which was angled perpendicular to himself. They were lounging on the couch in Yixing’s apartment, studying for their respective classes and sipping at now lukewarm cups of tea.
Kyungsoo glanced up at the elder, a small wave of appreciation for him swelling in his chest. Kyungsoo had moved here from Korea in high school, and the change had been difficult for him. Besides the expected struggles of moving to a new country, skinship in the U.S. wasn’t really normal between guys like it had been in Korea. There, it was as common to see guys being affectionate with their friends as it was to see girls. He had really missed that.
Yixing, though. Yixing understood. Kyungsoo admittedly knew very little about Chinese culture, but for whatever reason, the guy was as comfortable with skinship as Kyungsoo was, and although neither of them were the most touchy-feely people, they did take comfort in little things - like lounging together on Yixing’s couch with their legs draped over each other.
“Hey, Xing?” Kyungsoo lifted his leg to poke the elder in the side with his big toe.
“Yeah, Soo?” Yixing looked up, his usual half-hooded, sleepy gaze settling on the younger.
“How do you know Chanyeol?” He prodded with his toe again, this time digging in a little. Yixing swatted his foot away, and shrugged.
“Music classes together. Did he ever end up finding you at the library?”
“Yeah, he brought me food and coffee.”
Yixing nodded, humming. “Yeah, the dude’s super nice. Kinda loud. The type that’s giggly when he’s high and everyone’s best friend when he’s drunk, y’know?”
Kyungsoo wrinkled his nose at that. “Sounds obnoxious. Well, it was nice of him, though. Guess I’ll have to return the favor sometime. He seems alright.”
“We should all hang out sometime. The dude’s also a whizz on the guitar, I think you’d enjoy jamming with him.” Yixing nodded thoughtfully. Kyungsoo just hummed appreciatively.
“Sure, I’d be down. Lemme know when you’re both free.”
“Aight.”