Satan Incarnate

I'm not lost, I'm right where I am! (Though, where I am might be lost)

He saw it moving at the edge of his vision, dark and small, but when he glanced left the only thing in sight was the lump of white comforter under which Chanyeol was gently snoring. Kyungsoo frowned. Maybe it was just one of those spots you get from things like lack of sleep. It was 7 a.m. and he had yet to shut his eyes for the night. The story he was reading was just so good , and besides, he could afford to sleep the day away, it was set aside for relaxing anyway.

He turned back to his laptop, black spot decidedly forgotten. The main character had just discovered their powers, their form changing into it’s original shape when... Goddamnit, there it was again, creeping right at the corner of his vision. He frowned. Kyungsoo knew he wasn’t imagining it, but once again, it was gone when he turned. He let out a frustrated sigh.

He didn’t believe in any ridiculous supernatural stuff, but he also couldn’t explain what it was he was seeing . Perhaps it was time to go to sleep.

Just one more chapter, he decided, settling in once more. Then he would finally get some rest, and hopefully stop being haunted by this damn spot. Also, he really wanted to see what kind of powers the kid would have. What would he specialize in? War? The Earth? Animals? Oh god, he could hardly wait, though he suspected he knew what it would be, if that little outburst earlier on in the story had been anything to go by...

He was inexplicably pissed when he saw it there again. It was like it was taunting him, swirling around just where he couldn’t quite see it properly. As if that little black dot was trying to get under his skin. It was mocking him. He had had way too little sleep for this at o’clock in the morning. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and when he opened them again, it was gone. He was ing done . The next time that damn spot dared to show it’s face again, he was going to be so damn ready for it.

He kept reading (oh god, he was right . This kid was freaking glorious. He was going to leave a glowing comment on this one for sure).

Kyungsoo’s head snapped up the moment he caught something moving at the corner of his eye, and he saw . It tried to scurry away, but it was far too late to escape his wrath. It’s bulbous black body, it’s tiny, grotesque legs and wings. His hand slapped down on the fly before it could escape, crying out triumphantly as he did. The body beneath his hand shifted, however, and he instantly realized his mistake.

“ing-” Chanyeol’s voice came out groggy, clearly disoriented and upset with being smacked awake. “Wha’ the hell?”

“Shh, nothing sweetie. Your phone just fell from where you left it when you fell asleep.”

“Wha- oh… mmmkay. Night” Chanyeol rolled over and continued snoring lightly a moment later. Kyungsoo thanked his lucky stars that Chanyeol was always too disoriented when he woke up to realize how ridiculous that excuse had been - Chanyeol always leaves his phone charging on the bedside table at night, and besides, where the hell would it have fallen from?

Kyungsoo decided he didn’t care and it was about time to go to sleep himself - the story could wait. Except… maybe… maybe just one more chapter. He had eliminated Satan incarnate already, so... why not?