On Being a Genie

I'm not lost, I'm right where I am! (Though, where I am might be lost)

A/N: Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, and Yixing eat some cookies. WEED cookies. You've been warned.

Oh and also, this is way after the last drabble, and there might even be drabbles that happen inbetween these two (almost definitely). These two nerds took forever to get together, so the timeline for that is long and vague and would be slowburn if they weren't already married and if this was actually a story and not just a drabble collection :D But this IS a drabble collection. Keep that in mind. Literally no plot planned.


 

Kyungsoo watched in horror and fascination as Chanyeol stuffed the entire cookie into his mouth in one go, cheeks bulging. The elder showed no remorse, a crumb stuck unashamedly to the corner of his mouth as he chewed, eyes bright and perhaps more excited than the occasion warranted.

“I can’t believe you just ate an entire one of those. You are gonna be so gone,” Kyungsoo huffed, shaking his head. He picked his own half of a cookie, taking a bite of it and slowly chewing. The flavor of peanut butter and weed permeated his soul, a surprisingly compelling flavor combination that seemed to somehow seep into every taste bud and overwhelm even his sense of smell. He hoped he didn’t actually smell like it as much as he felt like he did.

Chanyeol shrugged, grinning, before chugging down half his glass of milk and passing it to Yixing as the elder finished his own cookie. “Honestly Soo, you’re just puny. Yixing also ate the whole thing.”

Kyungsoo glared at the pair. “I’m not puny, you’re just a giant. Besides, I know that’s enough to have you potato. Don’t try and pretend like I haven’t seen you eat a whole cookie before.”

Chanyeol threw his hands up, giggling, “Okay, fair, fair. But it’s nice, y’know? I like relaxing.”

And Kyungsoo could understand that. He had spent the last quarter getting to know this gangly giant of a human, and the only time he had really seen Chanyeol chill was when he was high, or deeply concentrated on a piece of music - though even then he was often tapping away with his fingers, like his body had to channel the energy somehow .

It took a while to hit them, as edibles tended to, and they shifted onto Yixing’s queen sized bed (that lucky ) while they waited for it. It wasn’t until Chanyeol slapped his arm and giggled about an hour later that Kyungsoo realized he was high. Once he noticed, however, he suddenly couldn’t understand how he hadn’t before, or what he had even really been concentrating on prior to then. His head felt like it was floating, and he responded to Chanyeol’s giggle with his own.

“Woah. Dude, do you ever just… ever just feel like a genie?” Kyungsoo closed his eyes, swaying slightly in his place on the bed. The lower half of his body fell away, an endless void beneath him, and his top shifted gently. When he cracked open an eye, the feeling was reinforced by the bedside lamp, whose light was cut-off by the books in front of it, leaving the bottom halves of their bodies in darkness. They looked like genies, and below his waist felt like one of those wispy tails.

“Yeeees,” Chanyeol sighed, lax grin splaying across his face as he tipped backwards onto the blankets. Kyungsoo felt the movement, as if Chanyeol’s impact with the bed had created ripples that gently rolled over his body. He shuddered.

“Aww, my little genies,” Yixing cooed, swaying slightly himself, but grinning. “I remember when it still felt like that for me.” He pretended to sniffle and swipe at a tear. “Ah, to be young again.”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at that, but couldn’t stop his own lazy smile. “Xing, you're not old, you’re just a stoner. There’s a difference.”

Yixing flapped his arm as if this was irrelevant. Perhaps it was.

“Okay, but wait, feel this.” Kyungsoo stared at him in mild confusion as he sat up and pulled an arm back. He gasped, however, when the elder brought his arm down in a slicing motion.

He felt it. It was like a zing of electricity slicing him in half (and somewhere in the back of his mind, he knew that was just the weed talking, but he had learned to roll with it. That was what made it fun) .

“Oh my gosh , DO THAT AGAIN. That was insane ,” he whispered, eyes wide with amazement. Yixing did it again, but this time slicing horizontally, and he felt that same sensation of electricity cutting through him. He shuddered, delighted, and smacked Chanyeol’s leg. The elder jerked upward, looking for all the world like he had just woken up.

“Huh?”

“Chanyeol, stop being potato and try this, it feels crazy.” Kyungsoo whacked his shoulder again and the elder whined but turned obediently toward Yixing, narrowing his eyes suspiciously. Yixing grinned.

“Feel this?” He repeated the slicing motion, and Kyungsoo watched with fascination as Chanyeol clutched at his chest, gasping.

“Right?”

“Dude, that’s wild. Do it again.”

They  messed around for a while longer, giggling and allowing themselves to enjoy their own ridiculous imaginations, before Yixing got up and began rummaging around for snacks. This seemed to awaken the void that was Kyungsoo’s lower half, and he realized it actually also included his stomach. He could eat a cow.

After munchies were satisfied (or rather, he forced himself to stop), Kyungsoo laid down again, closing his eyes and allowing himself to just feel . He felt like he was floating, like his arms were wings and he weighed nothing, and for some reason, if he curled his toes, it would cause the imaginary wings to flap. He flexed and unflexed his toes, wanting to satisfy the feeling and bask in the beauty of it all. He thought maybe it was a weird thing to do, but he didn’t really care, in the moment.

He cracked an eye open when he heard a low chuckle next to him. Yixing seemed to already be out cold (or perhaps was just enjoying it like Kyungsoo was), but Chanyeol was staring at him curiously.

“I feel like I have wings controlled by my toes. I’m floating,” Kyungsoo whispered, though unsure why he was telling him at all. It didn’t seem to matter, though, in the pleasant haze he was drifting through. Chanyeol nodded, as if this made perfect sense, and shifted so they were laying side by side.

“I feel like my body is giving off waves, and I can picture them rolling off me and off into the distance,” Chanyeol murmured, closing his eyes and sighing contentedly. Somehow, once he said it, Kungsoo could picture it, and he felt like rather than floating in the air, he was perhaps floating in water, the ripples coming off from Chanyeol causing him to rock up and down gently. It felt nice.

“Dang. Thanks. They feel kinda nice. Like I’m being rocked to sleep,” Kyungsoo mumbled, feeling the beginnings of unconsciousness tugging at his mind. It was like the weed-induced haze was finally fully taking over, and he drifted into the sweet embrace of slumber.

If anything was said after that, he doesn’t remember.

 

 

Kyungsoo was a little startled to wake up the next day in Yixing’s bed, with Chanyeol’s snoring face a couple feet away. The guy was kinda cute with bedhead and a small pool of drool on the sheets beneath him.

Kyungsoo would definitely give him for the drool, though.