Sleepless Nights and Library Bites

I'm not lost, I'm right where I am! (Though, where I am might be lost)

A/N: Basically finals were coming up, and it was 3am, and I needed a break from studying. So, here’s a little backstory (once again, loosely based off my life. You’ll never guess where I was). Unbetaed and mostly unedited, as these usually are.


 

He slumped forward, the cold edge of the table digging into his chest, and debated whether or not it was worth it to take a twenty minute nap. He was pretty certain there was a couch spot available, and even if there wasn’t, he could probably knock out in the uncomfortable library chair anyway. He’d done it before; most people had by second year.

At 2 a.m, Kyungsoo hated himself, hated the essay he was working on, and hated the person behind him who kept failing to whisper, despite this being a relatively quiet floor. Sure it was “Saint Fratty’s Day Weekend” or whatever, but it was also the weekend before finals week, and who the hell actually had time for that bull? Unfortunately, their volume informed him that their entire frat had time for it (or didn’t but also didn’t care), and that Epsilon Chi Theta would be having a quite the dayger tomorrow (today).

Kyungsoo was still debating between napping and trying to power through when the decision was made for him by a shy “Hey” and the tantalizing aroma of coffee and food. He looked up, surprised by the wide eyes and shy but overly excited smile staring back at him.

“What the ?”

Chanyeol seemed taken aback by that response, and opened his mouth in confusion, but all that came out was a sort of choked stutter. Kyungsoo realized that maybe hadn’t been the best response to someone bringing him coffee and food (he assumed the second cup was for him. It better ing be for him), but he also couldn’t get past the fact that Chanyeol somehow knew that he was here, despite never having mentioned it.

“I mean. Uhm. How did you know I was here?” Kyungsoo corrected himself, hoping to maybe fix the initial -ness. He didn’t really know Chanyeol all that well (they had met last quarter in a poetry course and had studied for it together sometimes) and he didn’t want him to think he was usually a jerk.

That seemed to snap Chanyeol out of it and right back to his previously cheery mood, because he grinned, said “Oh,” and proceeded to plop everything onto the table, before taking a seat himself. Kyungsoo stared at him, waiting, and Chanyeol stared back for a moment before seeming to remember that Kyungsoo was waiting for a reply.

“OH. Right. Yixing told me you were here studying and I figured you might need a late night slash early morning pick-me-up.” Chanyeol beamed, talking too loudly but clearly pleased with himself, and handed Kyungsoo one of the coffees.

“Wait, you know Yixing?” Kyungsoo whispered in confusion, having no memory of the two ever mentioning being acquainted before now. He supposed it made sense. Yixing was a music student, like Chanyeol, and they had probably had classes together before.

“Yeah, we’ve been friends since like, forever,” Chanyeol shrugged and started pulling out food. Kyungsoo eyed it, already feeling himself salivate, and decided to not question why the two had been discussing his whereabouts at 2 a.m. “Hungry?”

“A little,” Kyungsoo admitted, and thanked the stars when Chanyeol handed him a fork.

“Eat up. Oh and that’s what you usually drink, right?” Chanyeol pointed to the coffee sitting in front of Kyungsoo, and the latter picked it up, taking a tentative sip. It was.

“Yixing told you?” Kyungsoo asked, amused and a little touched that this guy had gone so far out of his way for someone he didn’t know all that well.

“Nope. You used to get that all the time last quarter when we studied,” Chanyeol replied, before shoving a mouthful of noodles in his mouth. Kyungsoo paused and stared at him for a moment before setting the coffee down carefully.

“Hey Chanyeol.”

“Mmmhm?”

“Wanna hang out sometime, and like, not study?”

“Yup.”

“...Cool”

It took Kyungsoo longer than it normally would have to get the essay done, because it was a bit hard to concentrate with an overly chatty Chanyeol next to him, but he didn’t really mind. He could sleep when he was dead.


 

A/N: Epsilon Chi Theta looks like this: ΕΧΘ

I suppose I could give them more backstory... cus they aren't even close to getting together yet.
Huh. Wonder how that'll go. Cus I have NO clue.

:D Fun.