Chapter 5

Our Love

The next morning Yukwon trudged to school, deep in thought about how he was going to face Minhyuk after leaving him so abruptly the night before. He stopped walking and dropped his face into his palms as he let out a groan, "Why am I such an idiot?" he grumbled to himself in despair. Unwilling to draw it out any longer and keep dwelling on his stupid actions he focused on his feet and made his way to school.

When he arrived, he spotted his friends, including Minhyuk sat at their usual spot. He strolled over to the, trying to appear as if nothing had happened, hoping Minhyuk would do the same. Technically, nothing had happened, but it didn't stop Yukwon from wanting to hit himself ever time the thought of it crossed his mind.

Taeil spotted him first, "Hey Yukwon, how are you?" he asked in his usual caring tone. Taeils enquiry caused the whole group to turn to him, all of them sending smiles and greetings his way. He avoided eye contact with Minhyuk as he sent a smile towards Taeil, "I'm good, just a little tired.", his response was accompanied with a cute little yawn. 

Taeil gave him a disapproving look, " I told you not to stay up late, you were probably playing games again weren't you.". Yukwon chuckled, " Ahhh you caught me.". It was true that he was tired, but he wasn't about to confess to his friends that it wasn't because he had stayed up playing games, rather he had stayed up worrying about how to face Minhyuk after almost kissing him.

As the bell rang the group stood up and made their way to class, however Yukwons mission to avoid Minhyuk was completely ruined when he felt the boys hand grab his wrist before he could leave. "Hey are you alright?" the concern in Minhyuks voice killed Yukwon and he really hated doing this to his angel, "You seemed kind of off yesterday when you left."

Yukwon laughed nervously, "Haha what are you on about?". He mentally cringed at how obviously fake his voice sounded, but all he could do at that moment was hope that Minhyuk would just move on and forget about everything that happened.

"I-"

"OHMYGOSH IS THAT YOU MINNIE???" a voice exclaimed out of nowhere. Yukwon stared at Minhyuk in confusion, as the boys expression showed recognition of the voice.

Yukwon looked to his left and saw an extremely pretty girl with long chestnut hair and wide brown eyes, her expression was one of excitement as she stared at Minhyuk. He had never seen this girl before, but it was clear from both Minhyuks and the girls expressions that there was a link between them.

Yukwon glanced at Minhyuk, "Minnie?" he questioned. "Just a nickname." Minhyuk replied before releasing Yukwons wrist in order to turn and hug the girl, Yukwon stared in sadness as his angel embraced the stranger.

With a fond smile Minhyuk let go of the girl and held her shoulders, "It's been so long since we last saw each other Yeon Ah.". "Too long." the girl responded, with an annoying giggle that Yukwon already hated.

As much as Yukwon didn't want to face Minhyuk and what had happened the day before, he liked this outcome a lot less. Minhyuk had never hugged him and watching him embrace the girl in such a way made Yukwon slightly angry. Just who was this girl that she could could just waltz in and take his angel away like that?

Minhyuk, who had seemed to realise that Yukwon actually existed, gestured to him, "This is my best friend Yukwon, he welcomed me on the first day and we've been great friends ever since." Minhyuk accompanied this with a smile. Hearing Minhyuk call Yukwon his best friend made Yukwon feel all fuzzy inside, completely forgetting his earlier annoyance at the lack of attention he was receiving. Yeon Ah must not have appreciated Minhyuks remark and Yukwon swore he saw a look of distaste cross her face. 

"Well I'm Minhyuks childhood friend, we've practically known each other our whole lives." her statement was accompanied by a glare, if looks could kill, Yukwon was sure he'd be dead by now.

Minhyuk, oblivious to the war going on between his two friends, smiled at Yeon Ah, "So why are you here?". Yukwon really hoped she was just passing through and that she would be on her way in the next few minutes, of course Yukwon never got what he hoped for and he didn't know why he thought it would happen this time.

"I'm moving schools!" Yeon Ah exclaimed with a sickly smile. Yukwon restrained himself from groaning, he didn't want to outright reveal his feelings towards Minhyuks childhood friend, even if he really hated her after only knowing her for a few minutes.

"That's great!" Minhyuk replied with a grin, "have you got your timetable?". Yeon Ah reached into her bag and took out a sheet of paper, handing it to Minhyuk, upon observation Minhyuks eyes widened in delight, causing Yukwon to assume the worst. "You're in all mine and Yukwons classes, I guess we'll get to see each other a lot." Minhyuk noted. 

Yeon Ah glanced over at Yukwon, as if he were an insignificant object that was in the way of her and Minhyuk, "I guess we'll be seeing each other a lot as well Yukwon.". Yukwon could tell from her expression that she didn't like this fact, but Yukwon wouldn't back down. Even if she was Minhyuks childhood friend, no one was going to take Yukwons angel away from him.

 

Here's chapter 5, the introduction of the problem, I know the chapter doesn't have a lot in it, but I wanted to focus on Yeon Ah and show the tension between her and Yukwon. (I just mad Yeon Ah up, she's not based on anyone)

My question for this chapter is what's another couple you ship, not from Block B?

Mine would either have to be chanbaek or sulay, they're just so cute. I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and I hope you'll stick around for the next one :)