Chapter 4

Our Love

It had been a month since Minhyuk had joined the school and to the rest of the group, it felt as though he had been with them for years. Although he wasn't very vocal, all of them enjoyed his company. For Yukwon, the past few weeks had been like a trip to heaven, each day he was met with Minhyuk perfect face and beautiful smile that seemed to make him fall further in love with the boy with each passing second.

Towards the end of the second lesson of the day, in which Minhyuk and Yukwon shared History together, their teacher stood at the front of the class and announced "Today we will begin our history projects, I want you all to split into pairs and look at a significant Historical event, in a couple of weeks I want to see a presentation from each pair. Good luck.". With that the teacher left the room and the rest of the students began to break off into groups.

Minhyuk looked over at Yukwon, "Would you mind me being your partner.", he asked with a tilt of his head and a hopeful smile. Yukwon wanted to squeal at how adorable Minhyuk looked, fortunately he had learnt a lot in terms of restraint over the past few weeks. "Haha shouldn't I be asking you that?" Yukwon returned with a smile. Minhyuk grinned, "Why would I have a problem, you're the best thing that happened to me since I moved, if it weren't for you, I'd probably still have no friends."

Yukwons eyes widened slightly, of course Minhyuk was the best thing that had happened to him, hands down. But to hear Minhyuk say that about him gave him an indescribable feeling filled with affection for the boy in front of him.

~

It was the end of the day and Minhyuk and Yukwon had decided to head over to the library to do their project. As they entered the doors, they were met with a huge amount of kids occupying every table. It wouldn't have been so bad if it was quiet, however, the majority of kids were talking loudly to each other and some were even throwing objects. Overall, it couldn't be considered a good place for them to sit down and focus on their work.

Yukwon turned to Minhyuk, and suggested "This probably isn't a good place for us to work in, we could always come back tomorrow, it might be more peaceful then.". He searched Minhyuks face, hoping he wouldn't be put off by Yukwons suggestion.

"We could," Minhyuk contemplated, "or you could come to my place, I can guarantee it will be quieter than here.". Yukwon had to run Minhyuks words through his head a couple of times before they finally registered, causing him to look at Minhyuk in surprise, "Y-Your..place?" he stammered. Minhyuks face took on a shy smile, "Only if you want to.". 

'If only he knew how much I would give to go to his place' Yukwon thought to himself. Instead of vocalising his inner feelings, he offered Minhyuk his most charming smile and took him up on his offer, with a "That would be great.".

~

Yukwon stared at the front door of the house, this was it, he was about to see the house that his angel lived in. Without noticing, Yukwon had stopped walking after getting past the front gate, Minhyuk, who had already reached the front door and unlocked it, glanced back to see Yukwon. "You coming in?" he enquired. 

At that Yukwon shook off his distraction and headed up the path towards the door. He slipped off his shoes in the entryway and noticed a lack of other shoes, apart from Minhyuks of course. He just assumed that Minhyuks parents were out at work.

In the living room Minhyuk was seated on the couch, as he got his books out and loaded up his laptop he turned to Yukwon, "There's drinks in the fridge in the kitchen, if you want one, it's just through that door." he nodded towards a door on the left side of the room. Yukwon smiled in acknowledgment and went into the kitchen, he opened the fridge and frowned in confusion, 'Why is there hardly any food?" Yukwon wondered, surely a family should have more than a couple of cans of coke and some eggs. 

As he reentered the living room he asked Minhyuk, "What time do your parents get back?". A wry look crossed Minhyuks face, "Your guess is as good as mine, they come back every few months and then leave a day later with barely a note.". Yukwon was shocked, how could a parent bring them self to leave their child unattended for so long, sure Minhyuk was perfectly capable of looking after himself, but it was easy to see that he missed them. "Ah...I'm sorry." Yukwon replied lamely. Minhyuk heaved a sigh, "Don't worry, it's been like this for years. Anyway, should we start with the project?", Minhyuk turned back to his normally smiley self as he opened up the internet and started to research their chosen topic. 

Yukwon couldn't really think of anything to say, he couldn't understand how Minhyuk could be so impassive about this. He promised himself that he wouldn't be like Minhyuks parents and would always be there for Minhyuk, even if he didn't want him to be.

~

It had been around three hours since they started and Yukwon was starting to get tired, he looked at the time on his phone, his eyes widening at the realisation of what time it was, "Oh god, I should be going now, my mum's probably worried about me.". For a moment he swore he could see a look of disappointment cross Minhyuks face and he wished he could just stay with Minhyuk all night, unfortunately his mum really would get worried if he was out for much longer. 

"Ah...sure, you should get going, we're nearly finished with the project anyway, it won't take much longer." Minhyuk remarked.

He then turned to face Yukwon and Yukwon suddenly became aware of how close they were to each other. If either of them moved forward even an inch their lips would meet. Yukwon could feel Minhyuks breath fan across his face and his eyes flickered towards Minhyuks lips, so close yet so far away. 

Ripping his head away, Yukwon could feel the blush rising in his cheeks, he quickly got to his feet, desperately trying to calm himself down. "Well then," he said, back turned to Minhyuk, he couldn't bring himself to face him and reveal how deeply he had fallen for the other boy, "I'll be going, I'll see you tomorrow.".

With that he exited the house, leaving Minhyuk sat in shock over the events that had just occurred.

 

Here's chapter 4, I wanted to show a bit more of Minhyuk, instead of him just being the strange and quiet character, I also wanted to show how both Yukwon and Minhyuk are becoming fond of each other. I'm really enjoying writing this, it's nice to be able to choose how each character acts and I really hope that you guys are enjoying it as well.

My question for this chapter is who are your top three groups at the moment, your bias from each and your favourite song? It's nice to hear others opinions :).

My top three are:
-Block B, my bias is all of Bastarz, I really can't choose between them and my favourite song is did you or did you not.
-Monsta X, my bias is Wonho and my favourite song is Oi.
-Exo, my bias is either Baekhyun or Lay, both of them are so funny and cute and my favourite song is black pearl.

I hope you enjoyed reading and I hope you'll all tell me your favourites :)