Chapter 9

Lost

Tzuyu was woken up by Sana shaking her awake, nearly in tears when she finally did wake up.
"Tzuyu!" Tzuyu whimpered and shrunk from Sana."No!" Sana was angry. Whatever had happened in the past haunting Tzuyu and Sana was gonna put a stop to it.

"CHOU TZUYU, YOU WILL TELL ME WHY THE HELL YOU'RE SO SCARED OR. . . OR. . ." Sana's voice broke when she saw the effect it has had on Tzuyu. Tears rolled down her face, Tzuyu looking so small and wounded that it hurt. "I'm sorry. I'll leave." Sana got up to leave, but Tzuyu turned her around, started right into the sad eyes.

"Not exactly the same- not exactly." Tzuyu brushed hair out of Sana's face. "Remorse. Regret. Kindness, in your eyes. You wouldn't kill. . . You wouldn't torture. . . Wouldn't hurt someone." Tzuyu awkwardly put her arms around Sana and pulled her close. "I'm sorry."

Sana just buried her face into Tzuyu's soft hair. She sank into the moment until something started eating at her.
"Tzuyu?"
"Sana?"
"Do I . . . Comfort you at all? Do I take the edge off whatever pain you're feeling?" She felt Tzuyu tense up in her arms and remove herself from Sana.

"You. . . I. . . I don't know." Tzuyu did know but didn't know what the feeling meant, what it implicated. Her stomach always had butterflies when Sana looked at her, whenever Sana was close to her she would feel the light grow brighter and her heart seemed lighter. Lately, with Sana chasing her, she'd wanted to turn around and kiss the small person, so cute and lovable and. . . She wanted Sana to be hers. She couldn't tell Sana that because she probably saw Tzuyu as nothing but a little sister. 

Unfortunately, Sana also thought that the other viewed her as a family's member not a love interest. Sana excused herself, leaving Tzuyu with an aching heart.

"Momo?"
"Sanaaaaa?" Sana rested her head on Momo's shoulder.

"What would you say if I said that I think I love someone?"