Chapter 3

Lost

Tzuyu had loved those eyes, the eyes that she had gotten lost in, night after night, day after day, month after month. Those eyes had been a safe haven from the horrors of the past. Tzuyu thought she knew love, Tzuyu thought that love existed until the moment those eyes changed, broke and laughed in her face. As the eyes broke, her heart went with them.

Tzuyu shook with fear in the corner of her room, tears streaming down her crumpled face, the pain so fresh that her chest hurt and she couldn't utter a sound or a breath. No sobbing, no wails. Just the hot stream of salt water.

"Tzuyu?" Sana had been worried about Tzuyu's reaction to her waking up. "Tzuyu?" She found Tzuyu in her room, tears streaming down her face, curled up in a scared ball. "Tzuyu!" She knelt next to the girl and prepped her in her arms. "Tzuyu, why are you so scared?" Tzuyu bolted out of Sana's arms into another corner of the room. "Tzuyu, it's me, Sana, I won't hurt you. Look at me, look me in the eye."
Tzuyu whimpered at the word 'eyes'. Sana slowly approached her, as if trying to capture a scared animal. "Tzuyu it's me, squirrel human?" 
Tzuyu seemed to realise it wasn't who she thought it was before. That person was gone from the world. Utterly and entirely.

But still Sana's eyes were so similar, more than similar, identical. It unnerved her, not wanting to be nearer to Sana than she had to. "Sorry Sana, I, uh, thought I saw something behind you." More like behind your eyes. Tzuyu ran to get room and hid under the covers, hiding from the fast asleep Jihyo.

Sana was confused. She raced after Tzuyu before thinking better of it. I'll talk to her in the morning.