008: It Doesn't last

1 + 1:59 PM (revamping)

 

CHAPTER 8

 

Rotten eggs.

 

Her eyes didn’t leave her hand.

 

This wasn’t happening, she mentally told herself.

 

Everyone was shocked that no one moved.

 

It was as if the whole world stopped.

 

A couple more eggs hit her before the security sprang to action.

 

Bodyguards jumped through the barrier separating the spectators from the idols. They immediately grabbed the culprits.

 

They were women and they resisted as much as they could from the security.

 

At the same time, 2PM’s manager, Minjae shielded from any more eggs thrown at her.

 

She wanted to cry but couldn’t. She didn’t know what to think.

 

Jisoo heard a scream and she looked at the their direction.

 

FANS.

 

ANTI-FANS.

 

“You don’t deserve to be there!”

 

“Quit!”

 

“You’re a disgrace!

 

“Bring back OPPA!”

 

“WE HATE YOU!”

 

The rest of 2PM looked frozen from where they stood as they looked at Jisoo. Even in their eyes, no matter how much they hated her, she didn’t deserve this.

 

Jisoo’s expression became blank and stood motionless with her eyes still staring at the angry fans spouting their hatred against her.

 

“We have to move inside.” She heard someone say.

 

2PM’s maknae was ushered inside and she followed without a word. She was too shocked to do anything but obey.

 

The others followed and proceed to one of the dressing rooms. They had to share it with B2ST.

 

“Oh my God! I saw what happened!” It was one of B2ST’s stylists.

 

“Jisoo-hyung! Are you okay?” Gikwang approached Jisoo who seemed not to see him.

 

Even the B2ST members looked concerned.

 

Chansung tried talking Jisoo out of the shock but it didn’t work.

 

Everything that happened in the red carpet was caught on camera. Her humiliating scene was seen live.

 

She couldn’t respond. Their words seem to pass through her.

 

“Okay. I’m pulling him out. I’ll call JYP.” It was the manager who spoke.

 

His words woke her up like a punch in the gut.

 

“No.” She immediately said.

 

“I have to do this.” Determination was set in her eyes as she looked at their manager. Jisoo understood the importance of this event. “No matter what, I have to.”

 

JYP gave her this chance to finally prove to everyone that she deserved to be a member of 2PM. Even if she was a woman, it doesn’t matter. As Jisoo, she couldn’t let herself quit in the middle of the journey. She’s still halfway away from her goal.

 

Park Jin Young chose her for a reason and she was certain that she will show to them why JYP picked her.

 

The manager looked back at her with concern. “Are you sure about this?”

 

She nodded and put on her best smile. “I am.”

 

Their manager nodded and talked with the other members. She was left with CC, their coordinator, who was trying to fix the mess.

 

Everyone was still fussing over what happened but they left her alone. Kikwang and Yoseob, her new found friends from idol army, kept their distance but looked worried for her.

 

“Are you really fine?” Her stylist asked.

 

“Just a little slimy” she laughed lightly. CC didn’t find it funny.

 

CC was wiping away the gooey substance on her face and her suit but gave up when it wasn’t helping. “This won’t do. You have to change.”

 

Luckily, they all had to change. They had a different set of clothes for the event itself.

 

Jisoo was dragged towards a private section where she could change. CC was helping her wipe of the eggs on her body when her hand was atop CC’s to stop her.

 

“Noona can I have a minute by myself?” She said abruptly She could feel that she was close to losing herself if she didn’t give in even for a small time. She needed it badly.

 

Her eyes pleaded.

 

The coordinator didn’t argue and gave her the space she needed.

 

“Call me when you’re ready.”

 

She nodded but didn’t look at her in the eye.

 

Once alone, Jisoo rested her head on the wall and let the tears fall.

 

She let the fear, shock, shame and sadness took over her. For a whole minute, she gave in to the emotions.

 

When the minute she asked passed. She pulled herself together.

 

“I’m ready” She called as she walked out towards CC.

 

Outside, Chansung was with the rest of the guys. Her closest among the group expressed his concern while the others remained silent.

 

It was surprising to see them there. They may hate her but still… they were there with Chansung, showing that they still care.

 

It touched her. That moment meant a lot to her and it gave the strength.

 

There was no trace of the tears she shed alone. And finally, Jisoo showed the innocent smile she had from her first introduction.

 

Jisoo did as was required of her. She did her best to show how much 2PM meant to her.

 

Gayo Daejun Schedule Performance:

 

Part 1

Chapter 1: Change

Opening

4Minute - ‘Hot issue’ + ‘Muzik ‘(Remix) + dance performance of ‘Hollaback Girl’

T-ara – ‘Bo Peep Bo Peep’

f(x) - ‘Chu ~ ?’ + Little magic show with Super Junior members

MBLAQ VS BEAST dance battle

BEAST - ‘Mystery’

MBLAQ - ‘Oh Yeah’

MC interview with TaeYang, 2PM and Super Junior

Davichi and 2AM joint stage ‘This Song’, Friend’s Confession’ and ‘8282?

2009 Girls’ Hot Dance - f(x) and KARA performing ‘Ring Ding Dong’

CL with ‘Heartbreaker’

2009 Girls’ Hot Dance – SNSD and f(x) performing ‘Sorry Sorry’

2009 Girls’ Hot Dance – KARA, 4Minute and After School performing ‘Heartbeat’

 

Chapter 2: Romance

2PM - ‘5 Step’ by Dru Hill

SHINee - ‘Juliette’ remix + ‘Ring Ding Dong’

 

Chapter 3: Surprise

2NE1 – ‘Fire’ in uniform

Park Bom – ‘You & I’ with TaeYang

CL and GDragon - ‘The Leaders’

2NE1 + GDragon + TaeYang – ‘Let’s Go Party’

2PM ‘You’re Beautiful’ drama parody

 

Chapter 4: Legend

MJ tribute: 2PM dancing ‘Thriller’

MJ tribute: Lee Seung Gi dancing to ‘Smooth Criminal’

MJ tribute: BEAST + MBLAQ dancing to ‘Dangerous’

MJ tribute: Super Junior dancing to ‘Billie Jean’

MJ tribute: All star dancing to ‘Beat it’

 

 

Part 2

Chapter 5: Asian Soul

Park Jin Young with ‘No Love No More’ and ‘Don’t Leave Me’

So Nyeo Shi Dae and 2PM joint stage

Son DamBi - ‘Saturday Night’ remix ver

After School – ‘Because of You’ remix ver

 

Chapter 6: Surprise II

K Will – ‘For Your World’

SHINee JongHyun – ‘Gone’

2PM JunSu – ‘Bump and Grind’

Kim TaeWoo - ‘I Love you and remember’

K Will + SHINee JongHyun + 2PM JunSu + Kim TaeWoo joint stage

 

Chapter 7: Change II

Park ShinHye and Lee Seung Gi joint stage with ‘Will You Marry Me’ remix performance

2PM, BEAST and 2AM – ‘Sign’

Super Junior, SHINee and MBLAQ - ‘Muzik’

2PM and BEAST - ‘Mister’

Super Junior and SHINee - ‘Gee’

2PM - ‘Bo Peep Bo Peep’

MC interview: So Nyeo Shi Dae, 2NE1

 

Chapter 8: Dream Girls

KARA – ‘Honey’, ‘Same Heart’

Brown Eyed Girls - ‘Sign’

2PM – ‘Again & Again’, ‘Tired Of Waiting’ and ‘Heartbeat’ with special ending

GDragon – ‘Heartbreaker’ and ‘Gossip Man’

TaeYang - ‘Look Only At Me’ and ‘Wedding Dress’

GDragon + TaeYang - ‘Lies’ and ‘Korean Dream’

MC Interview: Goo Hara + Onew

So Nyeo Shi Dae – ‘Gee’ and ‘Genie’

Super Junior - ‘Sorry Sorry’ and ‘It’s You’

Super Junior + SNSD - ‘Sorry Sorry’

 

Before they performed, they had an interview set with MC Mong. The interview was kept light and Jisoo was still shaken up that time. Despite the pleasant look in her face, her hands were shaking badly. She tried to stop it but she couldn’t.

 

Chansung’s warmth and support somehow made her a little calm.

 

While waiting for their turn, 2PM watched the other idols perform one by one.

 

Everyone gave their best and the crowd went wild for every idol that went on stage.

 

2PM’s first performance was ‘5 STEP’ by Dru Hill.

 

SHINee came next and then followed by the YG artists.

 

There was the LEGEND segment where 2PM, Lee Seunggi, B2ST, MBLAQ and Super Junior performed an MJ tribute.

 

Jisoo together with the rest of 2PM also performed with with Girl’s Generation. They were a nice bunch and because of Yoona, Jisoo was accepted easily. Their performance was fun.

 

After their performance, other girl idols performed such as After School and Son Dambi.

 

Then it was the guy’s turn.

 

Junsu sang great at his collaboration with K.Will, Jonghyun of SHINee and Kim Taewoo.

 

After his performance, Park Shinhye and Lee Seunggi sand a remix of Will You Marry Me.

 

Then, it was Chansung and Jisoo’s turn. They were grouped with 2AM’s Jokwon and B2ST’s Doojoon for ‘sign’ by Brown-eyed girls.

 

Honestly speaking, Jisoo only met Jokwon when they were assigned for this performance. Even when she was training in JYP, she had never met any idols except for 2pm. Most of the idols under JYP were busy training and promoting whenever she comes by the building to train.

 

“You, okay?” Jokwon asked her.

 

Jisoo didn’t have to guess what he was talking about.

 

Everyone saw what happened back at the red carpet.

 

“Don’t worry sunbae… I’m alright.” She smiled for the hundredth time.

 

She, Jokwon, Chansung and Doojoon were all dressed in gold. They also had fans which were essential for the performance. She had seen Brown eyed girls performed this song multiple times back when she was still Sooji and enjoyed it.

 

“Show them who’s boss Jisoo just like back at idol army” Doojoon came out of nowhere and gave her a friendly pat on the shoulder. They didn’t get to meet in idol army because she was injured but they got closer because of her friendship with Kikwang and Yoseob.

 

Jisoo felt touched but even their encouragement wasn’t enough to chase the memory away.

 

“I will.” She said before their turn came.

 

“It’s show time” Chansung said excitedly.

 

The performance was perfect. It was obvious that Jokwon was the star and even in Jisoo’s perception, her labelmate was awesome.

 

After the sign performance, she and Chansung had time to rest and prepare for the next one.

 

Super Junior, MBLAQ and SHINee performed ‘Muzik’. SHINee’s Key really gave his all and you could wonder why can he can dance girl dances well.

 

2PM & B2ST danced to Kara’s ‘Mister’.

 

Then, SM entertainment’s Super Junior and SHINee performed to Girl’s Generation’s ‘Gee’

 

After that, all 2PM members except for Jisoo and Chansung, danced to T-ara’s Bo BeeP Bo Beep.

 

Whenever there were time spaces between their performances, all idols were required to stay at the idols corner where the camera comes by casually. Jisoo stayed a couple of times even though she wasn’t in the condition to do so. She was still shaken up and her hands trembled just like in the first interview with MC Mong. Other idols saw this and gave her words of encouragement. It made her feel better but it wasn’t enough. Even then, she kept the innocent smile on her face.

 

The show was near the end. Finally, the final part of the show came.

 

Everyone changed to their final performance clothes. This was the very moment they have been waiting for.

 

After the mix-up performances, they will be singing their songs.

 

A lot has happened that year and 2PM received the best and worst of it.

 

They lost a member and gained a new one.

 

The public saw a different image of them when they came rising from the obstacle.

 

Even with all the pain, they rose from it and proved that they won’t stop.

 

They will show who 2PM really is.

 

Kara went first with ‘Honey’ & ‘Same Heart’. After them was Brown-eyed girls, who performed their latest popular song ‘Sign’,

 

Finally, their turn came.

 

They started with Again and Again. JYP sang the intro of the song while Jisoo took Jaebum’s role and rapped impressively well. She kept singing the leader’s part except for the last part. JYP decided to let Jaebum’s last part to remain the same to show that there was hope.

 

Then, it was followed by ‘Tired of waiting’.

 

And finally, the ‘Heartbeat’ was the final song they performed.

 

Jisoo took over the piano.

 

The rest sang their parts.

 

Jisoo’s professionalism on stage was unparalleled. Everyone knew what happened earlier but they didn’t stop the idol from performing.

 

People started admiring her for it.

 

Slowly, she was beginning to be accepted.

 

Everyone screamed and applauded at their performance. Staff members, and idols congratulated them for a great performance. Some of them even shook Jisoo’s hand, admiring her strength.

 

She smiled at them. It was quite forced but still grateful.

 

Exhaustion was creeping up on her. After all that, she craved the rest. It felt like she was going to collapse any moment.

 

They headed back to the dressing room soon after.

 

When 2PM came into the dressing room, they were surprised by CC’s actions.

 

Without warning, she hugged Jisoo with tears in her eyes. “You did it Jisoo! You really showed them!”

 

Everyone was caught off guard by the head stylist’s sudden outburst.

 

The young idol didn’t know how to react and let her arms on her sides. “Noona…” She felt the sincere happiness CC felt for her but she couldn’t afford to let any emotions. Everything was overwhelming for the moment.

 

They stood there, not moving until someone forced a cough. It was Minjae, 2PM’s manager.

 

That was when CC that she was causing a scene and released 2PM’s maknae almost immediately.

 

“Oops! I guess I forgot where I was…” She said as she wiped her tears with her hands and returned to her station.

 

“Yah! maknae” Chansung whispered as he put an arm on Jisoo’s shoulder, pulling her to one of the couches. “Is there something going on with you and CC noona?”

 

“Nothing’s going on. She and I are just close. Noona was usually with me during my training whenever she had time.” Jisoo explained tiredly.

 

Chansung never asked again. He, too, was tired.

 

“Guys! We’re not finished yet.” Their manager reminded them.

 

Groans can be heard from the idols.

 

“Except for you, Jisoo.”

 

“Huh? But I-” Jisoo may be tired but she didn’t want to disappoint the others. It was the most crucial time to keep up with appearances.

 

He cut her off and told her about JYP’s permission to let her off early because of the incident at the red carpet.

 

They saw how the antis have affected her. It was the best thing to do.

 

She stiffened a bit, clearly disappointed that she wouldn’t be able to see the end of the event. Her hand clenched to a fist but she accepted JYP’s decision. She had to trust him on it even if she didn’t like it.

 

“I understand.” She said and then bowed to her fellow members. “I’m sorry.”

 

Just as expected everyone except the former maknae ignored her. Though, it was unusual that they didn’t spout out any hateful words.

 

When they saw her performing her best despite what happened at the red carpet, they respected her in their own way.

 

Chansung waved off her apology. “Just take the rest.”

 

She smiled.

 

The other stylists started touching up the other members’ makeup while CC removed hers.

 

It took them a few minutes before 2PM was called again to come up the stage and Jisoo went back to their dorm.

 

She fell asleep when she hit the covers.

 

The following day, KBS MUSIC FESTIVAL came.

 

Everyone was tired from the day before but it didn’t stop them from showing their best.

 

Even Jisoo did her best.

 

She smiled throughout the event but it was getting harder.

 

She was still shaken by what the antis did. It did not show in her actions but it was affecting her greatly.

 

“Sunbae you did great!” Jisoo said to her co-members after their final performance.

 

“You were great too, maknae!” Chansung replied enthusiastically. He was pumped up by all that singing and dancing.

 

She beamed at the compliment.

 

It was the same thing at the MBC event.

 

Everyone had fun with the performances. Fans screamed for their idols. Staffs were in chaos trying to keep everything in schedule and idols did their best to give the best performances.

 

There was also tension during each act.

 

Since it was the last day and everyone rarely slept, it was hard to concentrate. This meant that there was a great margin for error. They couldn’t afford that. Every idol wanted perfection.

 

Luckily, there were little accidents. Nothing too big happened.

 

New Year came and it marked the end of the show.

 

Everyone was relieved and happy at the same time.

 

Finally, they get to have their well-deserved rest.

 

----------------------

 

Smile. You have to show them that you’re strong.

 

That was all that Jisoo could concentrate on.

 

It was the only thing that kept her from falling apart from every performance.

 

With every hour passing by, it was almost unbearable.

 

There was a moment that Jisoo thought that she would pass out.

 

She was lucky that it didn’t happen.

 

2PM slept easily as soon as they rode back to their dorm.

 

It felt like a second and they were woken up to pull themselves together and have their sleep on their beds.

 

But before they could have their rest, their manager called them for a last minute details.

 

Jisoo entered the unit last and kept her cheery mood in place that she had been wearing on her face since day 1.

 

“Ok guys… Now that you have finished with the hellish event of the year, JYP have decided to extend you 3 day break to a whole week.” Minjae happily announced.

 

“Yes!” Most of the members cheered except for Wooyoung who was almost asleep while standing.

 

His cheery mood at the event finally took a toll on his body.

 

“Let’s all get some rest” The manager finally said.

 

Nichkhun and Taecyon started going to their rooms while Junho headed for the bathroom to brush his teeth.

 

Jisoo still kept her smile and Junsu saw it.

 

Since the egg incident, Junsu kept his eyes on their youngest member. He saw how Jisoo kept that smile of hers on her face all the time. It was like a mask and it was making him angrier every time he saw it.

 

Seeing it even after all that happened, made him lose his control.

 

“Why are you acting like nothing happened?!” Junsu snapped.

 

Wooyoung woke up from his sleepy state.

 

“I’m okay now. I got over it.” She simply said with the most innocent expression.

 

“NO YOU’RE NOT!” He interjected.

 

“Hyung-” Chansung tried to calm him but he wouldn’t.

 

“Don’t meddle with this!” Junsu lashed out on him.

 

Taecyon and Nichkhun stopped moving and watched.

 

Junho rushed out of the bathroom with a toothbrush on his mouth and watched as Junsu confronted the maknae.

 

Everyone was quiet.

 

The manager didn’t seem to hear the commotion.

 

“You should quit 2PM.” He told her icily.

 

Chansung’s eyes widened. “Hyung please-” He tried to interrupt again but the oldest wouldn’t let him. He also didn’t notice Taecyon was already holding his shoulders to stop from doing anything.

 

“I’ll punch you in the face if you interrupt me again.” Junsu said without looking at him.

 

Wooyoung’s reaction remained bored while the rest looked uncertain.

 

Jisoo’s face became blank.

 

“YOU SAW HOW THEY HATED YOU.”

 

“WE. HATE. YOU.”

 

“GO HOME.”

 

Junsu said the words with venom and the youngest didn’t bat an eyelash at him.

 

‘Home.’

 

When Jisoo heard him say it, she thought it was funny.

 

She hadn’t have a home for years now. Ever since her brother left to study in a scholarship in Japan. No place was home for her.

 

Maybe that was what she was looking for.

 

A place to call home.

 

“I can’t do that.” She replied.

 

“Why can’t you?” She saw him raised a brow. From the corners of her eyes, she saw the others looking at them curiously while Chansung looked helpless.

 

“I still have things to do.” Jisoo answered vaguely.

 

“JUST GO HOME TO YOUR PARENTS!” He angrily said. Junsu took a step closer to her but she remained where she stood.

 

Her eyes didn’t leave Junsu’s penetrating gaze.

 

She was suddenly grabbed by the shirt and she still didn’t move.

 

“Why? You’re parents don’t want you?” Junsu mockingly said.

 

This time, Jisoo reacted.

 

Her fists tightened unconsciously.

 

Her expression became cold.

 

“Ooh… Did it hit the spot?” Junho snickered with her toothbrush still in his mouth.

 

Chansung glared at him while Taecyon’s hand kept him from making a move. Nichkhun remained quiet, watching where he stood before Junsu snapped.

 

They were waiting for Jisoo to punch Junsu. They thought she would but she didn’t.

 

Instead, her usual smile was back on her lips and she released herself from Junsu’s grasp. She smoothened the wrinkled portion of her shirt before looking back at Junsu.

 

“Parents? Maybe you’re right.” She said it with a small hint of sarcasm and then her voice turned serious. “I’m not changing my mind sunbae. You all should take your rest now. You all look tired.”

“If manager-hyung asks where I am, tell him that I went out for a walk.” It was meant for Chansung.

 

She bowed respectfully and went for her coat.

 

Everyone remained where they were, confused at the development.

 

Jisoo stopped before she opened the door and looked back at them. “The funny thing is that I don’t think I have a home to go back to.”

 

Chansung wanted to stop her but before he could say a word, Jisoo was already out of the door.

 

--------------------------------------------------

A person can only take so much...

 

Bwahahaha.... Another update within a week!

This is my apology for the long break I did in this story...

Though, I'm not sure when I'll do the next.

But don't worry... I'm sure it will be soon!

Thanks for reading and tell me what you think!

I'll be updating my other fic that I've neglected for months...

Do try to read them if you're interested^^