010.1: It doesn't end...

1 + 1:59 PM (revamping)

 

Welcoming the year 2010 was as uneventful as it could be.

 

Nothing dramatic happened but more security personnel were present than usual during 2PM’s activities. Ever since the whole fiasco from the music festival, most entertainment companies did the same. The idols’ safety were their top priority.

 

Since Jisoo wasn’t usually active, she was still running errands almost every other night. It wasn’t that tiring. In all honesty, she enjoyed it. She frequent a convenience store not far from the dorm and became friends with the owner.

 

Her errands were the usual: mostly snacks and some where a couple of ingredients for their next meal the following day. She became the group’s personal cook whenever she had the opportunity to. Jisoo was glad they weren’t refusing to eat what she made. Chansung always complimented her cooking and Nichkhun was nice enough to help out when it was time to clean up.

 

This night, she was told to buy some snacks for the movie marathon Junsu and Taecyon organized. The group invited 2AM whom Jisoo found to be a lot different from 2PM. Unlike her group, they didn’t judge her. They were a friendly bunch especially the older ones: Jokwon and Changmin. Both of them wanted her to call them ‘hyung’ as if they have been friends for a long time.

 

While getting the snacks, Jisoo was greeted by the owner. “Oh! Jisoo-sshi, you’ve been coming a lot lately.”

 

She smiled politely. “The older members wanted to buy some snacks. They always seem to get pretty hungry nowadays.”

 

They were chatting happily when a voice behind Jisoo interrupted them.

 

“Excuse me.” The voice said.

 

Jisoo turned around and saw 2 young teenagers looking at her curiously. They were wearing high school uniforms. The taller girl had a long hair and the shorter one, who was probably her friend, had a brown wavy hair the falls up to her shoulders.

 

“Are you Jisoo of 2PM?” The taller girl said and gestured to her friend. “My friend and I were not sure if you’re really him.”

 

“Yes.” She answered with a small smile. She wasn’t sure if they were fans or antis.

 

“See. I told you it was him.” The one with the way hair nudged the other.

 

They started to smile at him.

 

From her last encounter with a hottest, she grew afraid. Unconsciously, her body took a stance as if she was ready to bolt at any moment. 

 

The smaller one noticed her discomfort and immediately assured her.

 

“Oppa, don’t worry. We’re not like the others.”

 

“As a matter of fact, we’re big fans of yours!” The taller beamed.

 

It caught her off-guard. She blushed and returned an embarrassed smile.

 

They were the first ones that she had encountered to be a fan of his. Hearing them say it, gave him a lot encouragement.

 

Her smiled caused the two to squeal in delight and it made blush some more.

 

“So cute.”

 

“Thank you.” She bowed.

 

The owner of the store laughed and gave Jisoo a pat on the back. “It seems you’re getting popular, son.”

 

Jisoo looked at him and agreed. “I guess so.”

 

The two fan girls took her attention once again and asked shyly. “Jisoo-oppa? If it isn’t any inconvenience, can you take a picture with us?”

 

Both of them were nervous at that point. They looked like they were afraid of being rejected.

 

Another smile formed on Jisoo’s lips. “I would love to.”

 

The girls giggled as they asked the store owner to take the picture with their phones.

 

Jisoo stood between them and put her arms over their shoulders. The two can’t help but smile wider.

 

The idol also asked the owner to take a picture with her phone. She wanted a remembrance of her very first fans.

 

“Thank you.” Both girls bowed in gratitude.

 

Jisoo bowed in return. “No. Thank you for supporting me and the rest of 2PM.”

 

Before they left the store, Jisoo gave them a hug, causing them to squeal in delight. They even gave her some dried mangoes which the whole group had loved so much. She was sure the members would be happy once they saw the gift.

 

Jisoo said goodbye to the owner after buying everything he needed and thanked him.

 

The breeze felt great. It was probably because she met fans that really like him, not hate her.

 

She was almost skipping on her way back to the dorm but she managed to control the inner child in her. She was just really happy.

 

But suddenly the wind changed, she suddenly felt strange as if there was someone behind her. She stopped and quickly looked behind her.

 

There was no one.

 

The young idol thought it was her imagination and tried to shrug it off. She continued to walk but then she heard footsteps other than hers.

 

Most people were asleep during this time of the night. It was really odd and it gave her a feeling that she should go home as fast as she could.

 

“Who’s there?” She asked.

 

No one answered. It was quiet.

 

She stayed in place for a couple of moments before deciding to go on her way. After that, she didn’t hear anymore footsteps following hers.

 

When she arrived at the dorm, Chansung greeted her happily and took some of the bags from her.

 

She smiled at him and went to the kitchen to prepare additional snacks.

 

2AM greeted her as she passed by them, she smiled.

 

“Yah! Chansung! Give me those mangoes!”

 

“Did someone say mangoes?!”

 

“Dried mangoes?”

 

“Give me some!”

 

“Hyung! You’re hogging it all for yourself!”

 

“Yah! Who’s the old one here?!”

 

“I think that’s us.” It was probably Jokwon and Changmin, trying to take charge.

 

“You’re just guests here.” Taecyon countered.

 

It was noisy and Jisoo was laughing at their crazy antics back in the kitchen.

 

Since they were still promoting, she prepared some healthy snacks. It wasn’t the tasteless food usually served but it had less calories from the usual snack they eat. With this, they could still maintain their muscular physique and enjoy the taste.

 

Nichkhun came to the kitchen just in time as Jisoo finished up.

 

“Looks delicious.” The older one commented.

 

Jisoo smiled and offered some to Nichkhun. “Have a taste and tell me what you think.”

 

The thai idol grabbed a bite and Jisoo watched him savor it.

 

She watched his expression from blank to lost in the taste. “You have outdone yourself again, maknae. Are we going to get fat with this?”

 

“Don’t worry, I made sure that it’s healthy. You won’t get fat with eating just that. It would take a whole bag for you to gain weight.” She assured him.

 

Nichkhun ruffled her hair. “Thanks Jisoo.”

 

She nodded and started cleaning up.

 

“Aren’t you going to join us?” Nichkhun asked. He had rarely seen the new member join them during their free time. He thought this night, Jisoo will join them. It was the perfect opportunity to get for the group to bond.

 

She shook her head. “No. I’m going to sleep early.”

 

“Ok. Maybe next time.”

 

“Yeah. Next time.” She nodded. “Goodnight hyung.”

 

“Goodnight.” He replied and went to the living room.

 

Jisoo didn’t really sleep early as she told Nichkhun. She was reviewing the dance routine for the performance the following day. It was almost 2 in the morning when she finally decided it was time to rest.

 

At 6 am, she woke up and prepared breakfast.

 

That day, she was part of 2PM’s goodbye stage at Inkigayo. As usual, she had no singing parts in it but she will be dancing among them. There was no problem with the arrangement since it was originally meant for the original members. Besides performing the title track for 2PM’s album, they were also performing ‘Tired of Waiting.’

 

She was excited of performing a new song. It was a challenge but that was what makes it fun.

 

Her enthusiasm dampened a bit when the stylist showed her the clothes for the performance.

 

She was a little unsure about it.

 

The whole outfit was black and everyone had the same shoes. They all wore leather jackets but differed in shirts. Some of the members had gloves. Everything looked good except for the pants that fit perfectly on their legs.

 

As it turns out, the pants had holes in it. The front part was shredded at most, showing a large portion of her thigh.

 

For her, it felt revealing. She wanted to cover herself.

 

“Noona? Why is the shredded part is that big?” She used her hands to demonstrate.

 

The stylist shrugged. “It wasn’t my decision. It was the main coordi’s call.”

 

She involuntary sighed. There was no use complaining. The performance was only less than an hour away.

 

“Remind me to tell CC noona not get carried away…”

 

The stylist laughed at her reaction and pinched her cheeks. “Cheer up. This will be the only time you’ll be wearing the pants.”

 

Jisoo looked at her and smiled a forced one. “You better be telling me the truth noona.”

 

She raised her right hand up to her head and promised. “I promise Jisoo. This will be the last time.”

 

A couple of minutes later, her makeup was finished. She joined the others who were seating on the available couches in the waiting room. Inside, she saw not only 2PM but also Beast, SHINee and some other girl groups. Yoseob and Gikwang was busy chatting with the rest of their group while SHINee was talking to 2PM.

 

Jisoo thought it wouldn’t be a good idea to interrupt 2PM and decided to chat up with Beast.

 

“Seob! Kwang!” She called.

 

Beast turned around and greeted her. Yoseob ran to her and gave her a bear hug. It caught her by surprise. She flicked the idol on the forehead.

 

“Hyung. Don’t do that again.” She said, embarrassed at the attention they were making for themselves.

 

Yoseob didn’t care and smiled.

 

The rest of the beast members shook their heads at Yoseob’s childishness.

 

Gikwang put his arm on her shoulder. “Nice to see you happy, Jisoo.”

 

Jisoo smiled and replied. “It’s nice to see you again hyung. Sorry if I made you guys worried.”

 

“It’s alright. We’re friends, right?”

 

She nodded.

 

Other than Beast, she got to meet some girl groups. A lot of them were curious about the new 2PM member. They didn’t get the chance to chat during the year-end music festival. It was completely chaos back then.

 

After a couple of introductions, Chansung dragged Jisoo to meet SHINee.

 

Like her, SHINee had smiles on their faces and was enthusiastic in meeting her.

 

She was especially flattered when they complimented her acting on the special drama with Yoona and that Minho, her senior, actually looked up to her.

 

“I’m not that good. I still need lots of practice. ” She humbly replied to their praises.

 

“You are!” Minho interjected. “Uh hyung. If you don’t mind, can I ask for your number?” He shyly added.

 

If she was a girl at that moment which she is but disguised as a boy, she might actually hug him. It was just a pity that she can’t. She quickly calmed her girlish moment and happily exchanged numbers with him.

 

It didn’t take long for the rest of the members to ask her number as well.

 

Bit by bit, she was getting used to the life of being an idol. It would only be better if her relationship with her co-members got better. So far, Nichkhun and Chansung were in good terms with her.

 

Her performance with 2PM that day was satisfactory. She didn’t commit any mistakes but as usual Junsu wasn’t going to admit that.

 

Other than the performance, there were other activities for that day and they were lucky to get home before midnight.

 

Junsu, being his cold self, together with most of the guys decided to have Jisoo run an errand.

 

Nichkhun and Chansung disapproved of it but they have no voice in the group at the moment. The two of them were no match for the other four members.

 

Jisoo did not complain about the endless errands nor her body protesting for a rest. She did her best and just like any other night, she obeyed without question.

 

Lucky for her, the list for tonight wasn’t long and not as heavy in some nights. The list only contains a couple of snacks, energy drinks and some medicine patches that Taecyon added as she was on her way out.

 

She also had her own set of activities. Unlike the rest of the group, she was still undergoing training while balancing with performances and chores. Idol life was tiring but worth it.

 

After making sure that she had everything in the list, she paid the items. The cashier handed her the change and  said thanks before heading out.

 

The streets were dark even with the light post lighting the street. For some reason, she was feeling a little unsettled.

 

The idol looked at her watched and saw that she had been gone for almost half an hour already. She needed to get home fast if she wanted to get as much sleep as she could or her body will give in to exhaustion if she continued to participate in activities without getting the rest she needed.

 

They have an early schedule that day and they couldn’t afford to be late.

 

She was a couple of blocks away from the dorm when someone unexpectedly blocked her path.

 

At first, she thought it was just some stranger or a fan asking for a favour. But, luck wasn’t on her side this time.

 

It was the fan of her nightmares.

 

“Well…well…well… Look what we got here.” She said.

 

At the same time, a group of girls came into view and block all possible exits. Including the girl in front of her, there were a total of six in which they have identical smirks.

 

“Is there something I can help you with?” Jisoo nervously asked. She knew there was no reasoning with this group. They would get what they want.

 

She tried to be polite as possible. Despite her body screaming for rest, as part of 2PM, Jisoo had to maintain a good image for the group.

 

She can’t afford to be involved in any negative issues. It would not only affect her but the group and the rest of the company as well. Everyone has suffered enough.

 

The fan smiled coldly. “You definitely can.”

 

The group started to close in on her. Jisoo frantically searched for an exit but there was none.

 

Jisoo felt uneasy from what was happening to her. She knew tonight will be one of her worse nights.

 

Before she knew it, she was dragged to an empty alley with the only way out was being blocked by them.

 

“Was the event at the music festival wasn’t enough for you?!” One of the girls grabbed her by the collar.

 

The idol didn’t move an inch. She couldn’t. One of the girls had a camera on her hand, recording everything.

 

This is bad, she thought.

 

“You’re not wanted! Can’t you see that!” The girl grabbing her was shouting this words at her.

 

“I HATE YOU! WE. HATE. YOU.!”

 

She didn’t respond with a shout. Jisoo kept a relaxed stance. “Did I do something wrong?”

 

It only made the angry fan angrier. “Did you do something wrong?!” She mimicked her words with sarcasm. The fan let go of her shirt and wildly moved her hands above her head. “Because of you!” She pointed a finger at Jisoo. “He won’t come back. Jaebum-oppa won’t come back!”

 

“But I’m not-”

 

A punch landed straight to her got before she could even finish explaining. She staggered backward and pressed her back on the wall behind her for support.

 

The assault didn’t end there. It was just the beginning.

 

Everyone started to join in and took turns in punching and kicking her. They kept her face unharmed and continued with the violence.

 

Everything hurt but he couldn’t cry for help. No one was around to protect her and as far as she knew, these guys were hottests. Calling for help would only mean more threats would be aimed at her.

 

Jisoo muffled her cries as another fist came in contact with her body.

 

It felt like forever for the maknae before the beating stopped.

 

She lied helplessly on the ground when one of the girls grabbed her head forced her to look at her.

 

“You better not tell the others or it’ll get worse.” She angrily said and let Jisoo’s head drop.

 

Jisoo couldn’t move. She had no strength left in her and in her head, the fan’s words were haunting her.

 

It’ll get worse. This means that this won’t be the last time.

 

“Act like nothing happened. That’s what you’re good at, right?” One of the girls said.

 

They were mocking her.

 

“No matter what, we’ll never accept you.” Another one told her.

 

“Oh! We’re far from over.”

 

“We’re just getting started. Don’t you dare tell the others and maybe we’ll go easy on you next time… or not” They laughed and left with a terrifying smile on their faces.

 

They left as if they didn’t just beat up a person.

 

Moving hurts a lot more than she imagined it would be. She felt her phone vibrate from his pocket, signalling that someone was calling.

 

Slowly, she reached for it and answered without trying to sound as if she was in pain.

 

“Hello.” Breathing also hurts.

 

“Yah! MAKNAE! Where are you? The hyungs especially Taec and Junsu hyung are going to bite your head off if you’re not home soon! You’re taking too long to buy those stuff” Chansung was frantic. The older ones were putting their anger at him.

 

“I’m almost home. I just got help up by something.” She didn’t care to elaborate.

 

Chansung was better off not knowing.

 

“Just hurry. You don’t want them pissed.” The former maknae told her and then whispered. “I could literally see smoke coming out from Junsu hyung’s ears.”

 

She would have laughed if only her body wasn’t in pain.

 

Chansung hang up first and she did the same.

 

She checked her watch and another half hour had passed.

 

It took a lot of effort to get up and she had to clench her teeth to stop herself from making any sound.

 

Bruises had already start appearing on her arms. Her hand painfully reached for the plastic bag that contained the things she bought from the convenience store. Surprisingly, the contents remained intact.

 

The fans probably knew for whom theses items were for.

 

Thinking about it, they don’t seem as bad as they seem. These fans act on emotional impulses, causing them to do crazy things.

 

Call her crazy, but that’s what she thought.

 

They were also hurt like the rest of the members when Jaebum suddenly left. Then, a guy like her suddenly enters the picture. Everyone needed an outlet to their emotions and unfortunately, she became the target of those emotions. They thought she was the man for the job.

 

Jisoo got back to the dorm as fast as she could. It was a relief that the elevator wasn’t broken or she wouldn’t be able to reach their unit before collapsing.

 

Nichkhun answered the door and welcomed him with an angelic smile. The maknae smiled back even with the painful sensation running throughout her body. She handed the bag to him and apologized for the delay. Nichkhun paid no mind to it and said their goodnights.

 

Chansung was already in his room when she came back and she entered her room without a word. The moment her head landed on her pillow, she was fast asleep, taking all the sleep she could get.

 

Being a light sleeper, she woke up at 5 AM. There was a knock on her door and she opened it with a smile on her face.

 

It was no doubt that no matter how worn out she was, she could act and pretend that everything’s alright.

 

She opened the door and it was her manager who showed up. He reminded her of their schedule.

 

An early interview for a morning was set up and then after that, a couple more was scheduled. After the interviews, she also had training sessions which would last until late in the evening.

 

Like a pro, she participated in all schedules and even showed a great performance in her training. Her mentor praised her for a job well done.

 

For that night, she was lucky that the guys decided not to let her do some late night errands.

 

She managed to get some rest that she truly needed.

 

Unluckily, for the next couple of nights, it was a different story.

 

The day after her only rest, she was able to look at the extent of her injuries.

 

Inside the unit she shared with Chansung, she went inside the bathroom.

 

Blotches of purple decorated her body and her muscles felt tender. Her arms, abdomen, especially her legs got the worse of the beating. She had never felt this sore her entire life.

 

“Jisoo” Someone called out from the living room.

 

“Just a minute.”

 

She came out of the bathroom with the usual smile on her face. She was aching all over and yet she pretended that she wasn’t.

 

Instead of wearing her regular shirts, she put on a long-sleeved sweater to hide the bruises on her arms.

 

In the living room, Junho waited.

 

“Junho hyung, what is it?”

 

The older idol shoved her the list for the night’s errand. Her smile faltered a bit. Junho didn’t notice, he was too busy grouching why he had to give the maknae the list.

 

The girls she met the other day were true to their word.

 

“Look who’s here to play.” The girl beamed in delight as if there was something pleasant in store for them.

 

Once again, she took a beating.

 

It was far worse than the first time. She squirmed in pain at every hit she received. They did their best to hit the same spots where her bruises were still sore and tender.

 

Throughout the beating, she tried her best to protect herself. She kept her head down low and curled her body to keep any vital parts from getting hit.

 

Then, a kick came in contact with her face.

 

“Oops!” One of the girls giggled as if she committed some silly mistake.

 

It was intentional.

 

A couple more kicks and they called it a night.

 

Despite all the beating they did to her body, she did not give in. She stayed conscious until the very end.

 

Once again, she was abandoned to pick herself up.

 

------------

I've been gone for a long time...

As you guys know... I'm not really as active as I want to be.

This chapter was supposed to be longer than this but I decided to divide it in two...

Thanks for reading this update...

By the way... Is it too much? for her to be suffering like this?

Thanks again!