Chapter 6.1

What it means to be Kang Seulgi

Filler Chapter. 

 

It's shameful to recall how she confessed to Irene. The girl was confident that the other girl liked her too, in a ual way. She thought it wasn't just her. Even the youngsters bet whether Irene was going to accept or not. At that time, Yerim still wasn't mature enough to accept her ual orientation, and voted for a negative response. 

Just after their OOTN promotions, Seulgi would buy a flower each day, specifically blue violets that symbolized love and faithfulness. She promised those words as she said words she longed to pour out to the older girl. 

She decided that when she found the right time, she'd confess. She was be brave and prepared for rejection, but inside of her, she had hope that Irene would accept her love and told her she felt the same too. They were too intimate, too close to stay simply as friends. And maybe popping the question would bring them to a suitable status. A couple. 

Seulgi held a bunch of blue violets behind her back, wearing her all time favourite black tee. She had booked a private room in a restaurant, and invited Wendy to take a video of the moment. 

When Irene arrived in a casual skirt, she took in how beautiful the older girl was. She snapped her fingers, signalling Wendy to start tapping. Outside the restaurant, Seulgi grinned, having waited for this moment far too long. 

"I'm not late am I?" Irene smiled sweetly. Seulgi shook her head, giving Irene a hug. She could imagine Wendy blushing behind the bushes. 

"I'm hungry." Seulgi pouted. 

"Alright, let's feed this big baby." Irene pinched her cheeks, and pulled her into the restaurant.

"Wait. You booked a private room?" Irene blinked when the waitress guided them to a sophisticated setting. "Yea. It's for a special occasion." 

"Special occasion? Mind to tell me what?" Irene rubbed Seulgi's sides. They walked so close to each other, the waitress almost cringed everytime sparks flied across their eyes. Any stranger would've thought they were dating. 

"It's a secret." Seulgi said. And closed the door once the waitress finished explaining how to contact for service. Irene had her eyebrows raised the whole time. 

"Isn't this place a little too pricey?"

"Anything for you." 

Irene stared at Seulgi for a second, wondering what was happening. She really liked how the bear brought to such an expensive restaurant but with their debts to the company still unpaid, she didn't think it was worth it. 

Outside the door, Seungwan was getting eyed by passing guests, saying how weird she was. She rolled her eyes, if not for Seulgi being her best friend, she would not do something so embarrassing. 

Seulgi felt her pockets buzz. Most definitely from Wendy, who else? Irene had lifted up her phone, a chance. 

She eyes the corner of room, watching Wendy showing hand signs through the cracks. As usual, Seulgi's brain was as slow as a snail, not able to process what Wendy was trying to convey. The latter spoke in easy English, saying "Quick! Quick!", and nothing came to Seulgi's senses. What in the world was she saying? 

"Seulgi." Irene snapped her attention back. 

"Oh."

"Have you decided on what to eat?"

"Y-yes." 

Seulgi look at the spammed messages on her phone. Wendy urged her to hurry, and she thought, that fast? "But first, I'd like to say something important."

"What is it?" Irene sat straight, eyes narrowed. Seulgi roamed her hands under the table, then widen her eyes. She didn't just leave the flowers outside the restaurant. That was so clumsy of her! 

Seulgi swallowed. Was that a sign of bad luck? Their silence went on for a century. "Can I ask you out on a date?"

Irene let out a cackle, thinking it was something really shocking or an announcement. The older girl's face gave Seulgi a struck to her gut.  "You mean like a girl's night out? Aren't we doing that now?"

"No... I mean... A real date. You see..." Seulgi looked down, holding on to the last string of hope. 

"I like you."

Irene gasped, lips quivering. "I don't...I... Uh..." She looked like she was about to reject her. Which made Seulgi stand up at once, running out. 

It went downhill from there. 

She didn't need an explanation.

It hurt her too much to even stay alive. 


"Unnie. Play Vainglory with me." Yerim nagged beside her. Seulgi stayed still, like a rock. Her body shook, hands gripping the cushions tight. Her vision blurred as she remembered the past events.

Pathetic. She felt pathetic. Though she moved on, didn't she? 

And Irene had to ruin her once again.

"Okay." Seulgi wiped her tears in front of Yeri. "Unnie! Why are you crying?" Yeri brought tissues to her. 

"No. It's nothing. Let's play Vainglory, I'll jungle."

"Okay.... Then I'll carry this time!" As if a wave of enthusiasm went through maknae, Yeri jumped in joy. 

"I swear you're obsessed with killing enemies." 

"Is that wrong? I'll go take my IPad."

Seulgi sighed. Ever since she introduced her new favourite game to Yeri out of boredom, the young girl had become a maniac over the game. She'd admit, the game is quite addicting. 


Everytime she thinks her schedule is empty, the company had to inform her that she was selected for some sort of show. That clearly happened this time. Seulgi received a mail this morning, saying KBS is having another new show, and has chosen her as a candidate to be the host. 

She laughed. Didn't they drop her one episode of battle likes? How traumatic. She was so happy to have a job but just after the episode aired, she was fired. Hell no. She reflected over the past year in the living room, assuming every other member had gone out, though she was wrong.

Seulgi fumed inside her room. It was like her personal cave. Every member had their own, to have more privacy, though she missed Seungwan's midnight talks. They could always crash at each other's room though. 

A loud bang on the door startled Yeri and Seulgi. Maknae's face fell, annoyed by the sound. The the criminal being Irene was hanging a wide smile on her face. 

"Girls, I have good news! We're going to Thailand!"