Where the angst starts 0.5

What it means to be Kang Seulgi

A figure woke up early in the morning. A usual sight to see. She'd wait until ten during off days but now she's a few hours away from her schedules, and she doesn't want to burden their managers for their sleeping habits. Seulgi was professional after all. 

She yawned, leaving her room to do her daily routine. Her legs brought her across the hallway easily, knowing every step to the bathroom. She could walk eyes closed. Her zombie looks would scare anyone if she didn't wash up right then. She had to plan her collaboration with NCT's Mark for the final of High School Rapper. It'll be lots of fun, so at least there's that to look forward to. Hopefully, a few hours less of sleep won't be a lost. 

The tap ran, she splashed water onto her bare face. Finally, the group's back in Korea. The last few days were uneventful, no one talked about what happened. Not that they had time to. As soon as their filming started, they were given not much rest. They only had three days to fill a few episodes. Thus, it's been exactly three days since Seulgi has properly sat down and talked to Irene, if you exclude their facade conversations in front of the cameras. She just couldn't find the right time to even sit next to her. 

Seulgi spitted out the contents inside down the sink, then looked at the mirror. Her mind was struck. Tear stains on her cheeks. Pitiful sobs. Irene looked so sad. Seulgi knew she couldn't ignore Irene's cries. A flashback to that morning, Seulgi shook her head. What was she thinking. 

That moment Irene's lips were just under hers. Then when Irene's lips were finally on hers. The bed and toilet situation. It gave her hope it wasn't a bad thing. Irene reciprocated her kiss. They shared bliss for ten seconds. Irene must've meant something else when she said, "Don't do this again."

They enjoyed it. Irene can't bull her. Seulgi knows what to do, and no, not today, she won't fall under Irene's command to avoid their issues. To face them head on. 

With a sip on her tea, Seulgi stared at the ethereal woman. She was still asleep. Seulgi hailed her every inch. Juhyun unnie is the prettiest girl she's ever seen. As they say, Irene resembles Aphrodite. She has the perfect looks. Seulgi used to wonder life would've been if she had a face like Irene's. 

This might sound creepy, but Seulgi slowly turned the door knob before coming in because, first, she's not sure if the door's locked or not and, second, Irene wakes up to the slightest noise. Her cautious movements let her slip in to see the sleeping beauty before making her journey down to the parking lot. 

Day by day, she fell in love more and more. She didn't know. Months ago, That was when jealousy helped her realize her inner desires. Her desires for a woman, more importantly, her best friend slash sister.

She failed many times. And the process went on and on. But there was still hope, and she held on. 

After gathering her thoughts for her upcoming plan, Seulgi proceeded to work. 

--------------------------

Till this day,  Seulgi would have an inner battle, making a decision of following her heart of not. Sometimes she considered confessing once more, or until Irene gives her a chance. The thought of owning Irene  bugged her. 
 
But then, Irene loved running away. She'd use her authority to push her advances even before she could say anything. That's why Seulgi's in a bind. Irene always has obstacles up her sleeves, and it always distracts her. 

Seulgi rests her arms on the couch, flipping through the channels. Irene should've finished shooting the music video for 'would u' half an hour ago. And it's about time she reached the dorm. Seulgi waited, and waited. 

Yeri approached her suddenly, then sprawled all over the couch. Her eyes were red and her hands covered her face. Seulgi immediately went to the girl. 

"Yeri-ah, are you okay?"

The younger girl stiffened.

"Seulgi unnie."

Seulgi hugged the girl. "What happened?" She asked. Maknae rarely cries in front of them, but this isn't a first. 

"Unnie..." Yeri sobbed.

Seulgi heard a door slam shut and a grumble under someone's breath. That was totally Sooyoung. Maybe they fought over snacks or their bias in BTS or whatever. Seulgi caressed Yeri's back and let the younger girl cry on her shoulder. Seulgi saw a necklace from behind. Hmm. It looked pricey. She pushed away the thought for now. 
"Ay. Why is the maknae line fighting?" 

"I-I can't tell you." Yeri sniffled. 

Seulgi narrowed her eyes. Yeri does have a lot of secrets. All teenagers do. It still worried Seulgi. "Is that so? Alright. But I hope it's nothing serious."

"It's not..."

"It's not?"

Yeri nodded. "It's not."

Yeri in her lips, heaving a sigh. Her eyes shut tight, along with her emotions. Stop crying. Stop crying. It's not worth it. Park Sooyoung is just a jerk. Time will come when one day, that girl will understand her better. 


"I'll go drink some water." Yeri thanked Seulgi and stood up. 

The older girl fixed her eyes on the television. Shoot. She missed an important scene. Aish.

"Yeri." Seulgi heard Joy's voice in the hallway. Seulgi turned her head, watching Yeri awkwardly walk back to Joy's room with a glass in hand. The door shut again, this time softly. 

Seulgi wondered what happened. As usual, Yeri seemed to always find trouble. Young kids these days.


--------------------懂我在写什么吗?我总是觉得自己没办法完整的叙述故事的内容,嗨。

"Seulgi."

"Kang. SEUL. GI!"

She stirred under warm blankets, hearing sweet words from a woman she loved. Her eyes opened, awaken by the Irene who was standing above her. 

"What time is it?" Seulgi yawned. Irene was already in comfortable clothes. Looking out, the moonlight shone over them, the clock showing a hand at two. Wow. She slept on the couch for two hours. 

"Aw." Seulgi rubbed her stiff neck. It hurt when she twisted it and moaned in pain. Her scrunched face concerning the older girl. 

"Ha. Who told you to sleep here." Irene taunted the girl. Seulgi looked up with a frown, mood turn bad already. That smirk on Irene's face does not mean good. That mouth of hers might spit out more daggers. She's tired of dying. "I didn't want to." Seulgi said, annoyed. 

A few seconds passed, and Seulgi noticed Irene's rigour stare. The older girl's eyes showed a sea of perplexity, so deep and dark. The younger girl wished she could read her mind, then counter her every trick. Irene outsmarts her too easily. This battle was unfair. 

"Juhyun." 

Seulgi stood up. "Can we talk? In my room." She said. She'd kindly let Irene decide, so she passed the older girl, praying that she'd follow her. 

"Okay."

Well who would reject her offer? It's a trip to Kang Seulgi's room. 

Seulgi led the way, mind blowing. Now... Now... She has baited Irene into the camp. She only has to pull the trigger to force them words out of the older girl. 

She has to. 

Don't do it ever again?

In your dreams, Irene Bae. 

 

----------------

Irene gulped, knowing it to be rare to enter Seulgi's room personally, out of purpose and not routine. Usually she'd only enter to put her laundry back into the cupboards, or help beat the girl until she wakes up. It's nerve-wrecking nonetheless.

Her mind wandered as she stepped into the room, looking around the interior. What would be like to sleep with Seulgi. Or what it would be like to wake up next to Seulgi spooning her in her sleep, bodies stuck together, nake—

"." Irene whispered. 

"Did you say something?" Seulgi sat on her bed. Irene saw the younger girl pat the space next to her. She was inviting her to bed. Slap away those thoughts!

Seulgi noticed Irene being hesitant, so she thought maybe the bed wasn't needed. The wall was enough. 

"Juhyun." 

Irene gasped. 

They were inches away. 

Irene backed away from Seulgi's face. Too close. The younger girl took a step forward, and she stepped backward. Again, Seulgi stepped forward, and Irene stepped backward. 

"What are you doing?" Irene croaked out, her back near the wall. "Seulgi." She glared. The look on the younger girl's face kicked the emergency engines in her system. 

"I don't know." Seulgi pushed her against the wall. The younger girl secured her with two firm hands on her shoulders. 

"I want to love you, but then I don't." Seulgi shook her head. 

Oh.

Irene tried slipping away. Her fingers scratched against Seulgi's fingers as the younger girl then let her go. 

"Aren't you tired of this?"

Irene tried to calm down by walking around the room. Wrong move. 

"Talk to me." She heard the voice behind her.  Irene scoffed. "Is that how you speak to someone older than you?" Again, she pulled her unnie card. Irene fastened her speed. Once she's in the hallway, Seulgi wouldn't dare do anything, she assumed. 

 "Then I won't speak."

Huh? 

In a split second, she was spun around. Seulgi had around her waist, another at the back of her head. Their lips touched. Irene insides almost twisted, in a good way. 

Seulgi pulled back unexpectedly, wetting her lips. The older girl couldn't move, and indulged in another few kisses, with Seulgi's head tilted to a side, the younger girl was brave enough to smash their mouths harder every second. It felt too good to stop. 

Throughout the minute, the older girl was dazed. She came back to her sense. Her hands placed above Seulgi's chest, pushing her away. "Stop. Seulgi. Stop." Irene retracted her head, only to be pulled in once more. 

Their lips smacked, Irene felt their breaths collide. "You know this feeling." Seulgi blurted out, the lyrics for her collaboration with Mark. Irene moaned, unclear of what her answer was. 

"Just leave it for a while, so drop 'em." The younger girl went in for the final kill. Seulgi was eager to taste more of Irene's lips, she her playfully before ending the session. 

Seulgi knew she probably won't love her back anytime soon, but she couldn't resist. Dear God, she couldn't fight against the thoughts going through her head. Irene's very smell was flooding her senses. 

"I want you to be honest with me." Seulgi said between exhaling. 

"About?" Irene's shaky breath almost drove her crazy. Seulgi wa 'hands down' a great kisser. "Do you love me?" Seulgi pressed their foreheads together. Her eyes found Irene looking around. 

Silence engulfed them. Irene gazed upwards, her large eyes staring weakly at her. "Why do you want to know?"  

"Then I'll know if I love you or not." 

"Does my answer matter..." Irene whispered. 

"It does. Irene. If you don't, I'll hate you forever."

Outside the room, in the hallways, they stood close in the middle. The shorter girl touched Seulgi's sides. "And what if I said I do?"

Seulgi rubbed their noses. "Then you'll marry me."

Irene's knees buckled, the younger girl reacted fast enough to support her. "Just kidding. You should've seen your reaction." Seulgi eye-smiled like the bear she was as Irene was stuck in place. "You'll be my everything."

Yes. She'll put Irene first in every single thing, if the older girl would just admit it. 

The taller girl held Irene's hands. "Please?" Seulgi begged.

"I'm sorry." Irene said. The older girl saw the younger girl crumble. 

"Seulgi I'm sorry for doing this. For the past few months I..."

"Juhyun, I love you." Seulgi shot. The expression on Irene's face priceless. 

"I love you too." Seulgi continued. "Hyun I can't take this anymore. I know you feel the same. So just relax. I can make this a secret between us."

"I..." Irene contemplated. 

"O-okay."

Never had Seulgi ever smiled so brightly. "So you're my girlfriend now?" Seulgi asked excitedly. 

The older girl shook her head. "No." Irene brought back her devilish smirk. 

Seulgi groaned. "What now?" 

"You have go through a trial, Kang."