Trigger

What it means to be Kang Seulgi

"Thank you for your good work." The staff said to them as the group excluding Joy headed back to their waiting room, hoping to go back to their hotel as soon as possible. Irene was physically drained which Seulgi noticed first. The bear got worried and offered her bottle of water to Irene.

The leader snatched it like it was hers, obviously showing how she was panting. Wendy supported the girl and helped her sit on the couch. 

"Unnie... You look pale." Yeri said, her eyes darting back and forth without a clue of what to do. The others agreed, with thin lines showing on their foreheads. 

"I'm Kay.... Mmh...just my period in the way... " Irene gasped lightly for air. She clutched her knees tight, the suffer of catching her breath interfering with her consciousness.

That explained her recent mood swings. Seulgi plopped herself down on the couch next to Irene, not realizing the cautious eyes of Seungwan. The mother of the group coughed and smiled, patting on Yeri's shoulder to whisper a few words. Later on, Wendy and Yeri went out to get ice to unswell Irene's overexerted legs, so they were left alone. 

Seulgi looked at Irene. The leader's condition has went back to normal now, though her chest still heaved hard every other second. The kind bear in her made her held Irene's hand, pulling Irene closer to rest on her shoulder. 

Nonetheless, Irene shook. Liking how Seulgi initiated such closeness. Irene closed her eyes. "Seul...." She mumbled, snuggling her head to touch Seulgi's neck with her crown. She looked up. She wanted to say something but Seulgi placed a finger on her lips, shushing her immediately.

"I know you're tired, Irene. Rest." Seulgi softly said. The leader felt tears b at the back of her eyelids at her actions. This is what she wanted all along. 

"Thank you."

She certainly missed the old Kang Seulgi. 

At the hotel, Seulgi caressed Irene's back, still helping  her cope with her fatigue. They somehow became roommates due to Wendy and Yeri planning to have a Vlive with their fans and they knew Seulgi and Irene weren't the best entertainers. 

"Unnie, can you say for sure that they'd be okay in a room together?" Yeri asked while munching on snacks given by their fans. 

Wendy shook her head, "We don't know."

"Ah. Let's prepare for tonight then."

Seulgi was on the bed, scrolling through her phone. She just showered, and it was Irene's turn. The bear took a pillow and placed it below her head, listening to her favourite playlist. 

Irene dropped her jaw by coming out of the bathroom in only a bath robe, shocking Seulgi to a whole new level. She stayed calm, closing her eyes. In her mind, she cursed Irene to quickly put on some clothes and waited for a good minute. She heard shuffling and clothes being rummaged.

Amidst her chaotic thoughts, Seulgi didn't count the time and just opened her eyes. What the. Irene was beside her, and her robe folded a little at her chest area, revealing a sneak peek of her cleavage. Getting the image out of her mind, Seulgi's heart almost exploded. 

"Why are you closing your eyes so tight?" Irene smirked, pulling on Seulgi's hands. Those delicate fingers climbed to Seulgi's face, cupping her cheeks, that escaped from her hold.It was as if the bear had lightly slapped Irene off her, storming out of the hotel room. She felt no pain, though internally wounded. Again, Irene felt herself sunk into sadness. 

The younger girl brought her hand up. "Wait. I have something to talk to Wendy for a second." Seulgi panicked, far away from the bed. All of a sudden she became the most awkward person in the world by jumping out backwards, smiling crookedly at the older girl.

Of course Irene's face fell. That was unexpected. With that said, Seulgi believed herself to be dead when she came back. 

She ended up staying in the other room until dinner time.

Red Velvet, without Joy, walked to a nearby decent restaurant, judging by their surroundings, had no one recognizing them. It was a relief, and they could eat in peace. And maybe Seulgi could try some tacos without choking. 

"Seulgi, what the heck did you do?" Wendy rambled beside her, them walking a distance behind the other two. "She's on her period, she's mad and you're adding oil to the fire. Do you wanna die?" 

"Seulgi, she's not in the mood now so please—" Wendy shut up instantly when Seulgi flashed her 'I know so off' smile. They both took turns sighing until they reached their destination. 

"You're loco, Seulgi." Wendy spun her fingers indicating she's crazy. The bear raked through her hair, not interested in fighting back. 

"Going Mexican on me right now? Damn it."

"Let's leave it for now." Seulgi spoke under her breath.

Irene decided to give everyone a cold shoulder since nothing is dampening the flames above her head. Thus, the members had to stay silent throughout their meal like the dead. Not even their cutlery made sounds. The slightest irritation would set Irene off. 

Seulgi swore she was possessed when she couldn't stop watching Irene eat. The cuteness overload when Irene's cheeks puff up when she eats, got to her, her eyes refused to tear off. What the hell was happening. 

Their saviour was Joy who called at the right time when they finished their food. Her cheerful manner acted as instant vitamins to boost their leader's mood. Oh thank heavens for Park Sooyoung. 

After dinner, went into their respective rooms. Yeri had informed the older pair that they'll be starting so they should get ready. In that time, Irene found a metal bucket in the bathroom. 

Seulgi didn't think she was serious of showing up with it. 

"Hehe. Don't you think this is funny?" Irene raised the bucket high above her head. This time, Seulgi wasn't dense nor stupid. There really wasn't anything funny about a bucket. 

"Unnie.... You're really not from our generation." Seulgi blurted out. Her feet paused as they walked out of the room, facing a triggered Irene. 

The older girl's expression softened when the bear put her arm over her shoulder. "Hey... I was just kidding."

They could hear the laughter erupting within the other room. With no respect, Irene knocked on the door like a madman. Seulgi was dead speechless. Just speechless. 

"Unnie. Our fans..."

Irene grinned. "No worries. They'll think it's you."

Yea right. 

 

10 minutes later..... 

 

"Oppa!" Irene whined louder, to a point Seulgi worried Yeri's phone might've captured it through thin walls (it did). 

Irene continued to pull Seulgi's hands on the bed, pursuading her to lie down next to her. 

"Sleep with me." Irene insisted. Seulgi retracted her hands.

"No! That's not what two beds are for!"

Her hands were retrieved back with a stronger force. "Oppa!" Irene pouted. 

Seulgi wobbled while trying to maintain her balance. "Why are you calling me Oppa?! Woah!" She fell above Irene. Seulgi's eyes widen at their close to zero proximity, her lips hovering over another. Oh no. Irene's pierced into her soul, searching for something.

Seulgi's hands were placed at Irene's sides,  her legs the same. The older girl lifted her head, them almost kissing. Unfortunately, Seulgi's reactions weren't working well, so she stayed rock hard in her position. Her eyes twitched. 

"Because you're good looking." 

She questioned how she hasn't fainted by the sound of Irene's voice. "But I'm a girl." Seulgi defended.

Irene held her waist from below, looking vulnerable as she was speaking. "Do you think I care?" 

"Where did you go Seulgi?"

Irene's eyes welled up. "You're not the girl I used to know."