It's nothing

What it means to be Kang Seulgi

Juhyun-ah, Bae Juhyun.
The girl who is three years older than her. Who shines the brightest within the group, and one of the most beautiful woman you'd ever see. 

Seulgi loves their leader like gold. She cherishes their little awkward friendship and loves hanging out with Irene. Many of their fans ship them, and she's aware of it. But outside the dorm, no one else knows how childish Irene could be around her. The fans wouldn't believe their ears even if Red Velvet told because of Irene's mature personality on camera. 


"Seulgi-ya!" Irene yelled from the living room. Her voice roared throughout the thin walls and the other members probably heard it too. 

She sighed. Why would the oldest member of the group call her? 

When she walked into the living room, she saw Irene laid flat on the sofa, sweating. Apparently, the fan wasn't . And now Seulgi's left wondering why the hell not. 

"Carry me." Irene demanded. Her arms were stretched, yearning for Seulgi to hold her. Taking a close look,  the leader's forehead had beads of sweat and even her t-shirt was kind of soaked. Seulgi had become speechless. The air ventilation in their new dorm was bad so being here without any air ventilation is like suicide. 

Aish.

"Can't you walk? The room's just there. And why are you here without the fan , you know hot it is in here." Seulgi asked bluntly, pointing backwards. She didn't mean to offend the girl. 

"I just crashed the moment I came back from the spa. I was too tired. Now bring me to my room." Irene spoke like it was a fact. Her eyes were opened wide. She looked really adorable. Not that trick again.

This is like the hundredth time this had happened. But Seulgi just can't get used to it. At this time during their day off, she should snuggled with her Pringle's soft toy, napping till God knows when. 

"Fair enough. But you know...... You can ask Seungwan or Joy to do that. Not me." Seulgi said. 

"Didn't I make it clear,  I said 'you', Seulgi."

"What."

"I want nobody, nobody but you." Irene clapped, giggling with her knees crossed. She sat up. Seulgi noticed how short her shorts were and squinted her eyes. Did Irene got out wearing that? 

"Ah, whatever. I'm not gonna." Seulgi turned around, leaving the room. For the hundredth time, she tries to wriggle out of Irene's commands and smiled when her fingers wrapped around the door knob to her room. Though suddenly, she wonders why the hairs on her skin erected like an army. 

"Kang Seulgi."

Oh.

"Come back here or be locked out of the dorm for a week."

"Yes, Madam." Seulgi saluted tiredly at the door and spun back to where Irene was, staring at her with a pout. Irene can make the craziest things possible, so Seulgi wouldn't take her chances. Sleeping outside the dorm wouldn't be a pleasant experience. 

"Why are you threatening me!" Seulgi raised her hands up. She saw the older girl wink and smiled. "For you only." 

Seulgi touched her face, feeling the temperature rise. Is she supposed to be mad or flattered.

She takes her hand through her hair, blowing out steam. "You're making me mad."

"Carry me." Irene insisted.

"Bae Juhyun I'm serious."

"Seulgi." She exhaled. 

"I'm just exhausted, okay?"

The tension in the room increases, and they both looked into each other's eyes. Yes. Their promotions just ended, and every one the group were tired. 

"I know." Seulgi voiced out, from her heart. She knew. And maybe she shouldn't argue. 

Irene stood up, and Seulgi thought well,  'the girl's finally going to walk on her own.'

"Then carry me." Irene whispered, looking up with plead. 

Seulgi breathed out heavily, it was indeed hot here. Her hands scooped up Irene's legs and lifted her back. "Fine." She mumbled, not in the slightest angry. 

"It's not." Irene said. Seulgi blinked, what's not? She was confused. 

"Huh?" 

There was silence, and Seulgi continued by bringing the older girl into her room. 

"Nothing." Irene said. It made Seulgi shiver because moved next to Seulgi's collarbones.

This might be the hundredth time Irene has sent her mixed signals.