Mistakes

What it means to be Kang Seulgi

Water ran down the sink with her tears drowned in a flood, her reflection. Irene coughed, her nose stuck. Her guts were hurting at how hard she pushed her emotions back, she's at her limit. The mirror showed her ugly side, a negative Bae Juhyun weeping inside a empty, lonely bathroom. 

She cowered in pain, clutching tight onto her weakening heart. It was half correct to call her a grandma. It hurt badly to see Yeri doing that. She was eight years older, so why could Yeri kiss Seulgi before her? Irene insulted them both inside, wishing to God to help her face the world again without slapping every person in her path. 

Irene splashed water on her face, the cold making her shiver. She has been in here for a while now, and her tee shirt's wet from all the cleansing she has done, though she couldn't stop crying, she kept repeating the same actions.

As if the world was ending, Irene gave up, and let herself give in to her weakness. She was certain whoever was outside could hear, not her to please. She'd weep her heart out, hoping Seulgi would at least get the message and act right according to her words. Seulgi didn't need to be so obedient. If only Seulgi was a bit more badder. No push and pull, no awkwardness.

Irene howled, slamming her palm onto the wall. Her puffy eyes opened, and she thought she was hallucinating when she saw Seulgi coming from behind her. She stared at the reflection. Seulgi stood behind her, face contorting in distress. 

Irene was overwhelmed, and saw Seulgi holding back her own pain. 

"Juhyun." The taller girl sneaked hands through her waist, pressing her back. Irene looked down, feeling vulnerable under Seulgi's intense gaze. The younger girl leaned in, lips barely touching Irene's ear. 

"There are things I can't admit now. You know that right?"

Seulgi spun her around, and Irene closed her eyes. Her body was collapsing due to the stress and the increase in her blood pressure. Seulgi lifted her in her arms, whispering for her rest well. Irene resisted. Her eyes fluttered, battling to stay awake. 

"What do you mean, 'things'?"

Unless the ropes guarding her heart is untied with care, the younger girl won't share. Even then, Seulgi brought her to bed, ignoring her. Yeri grinning proudly while spying on the two for the ruckus she has caused. 

Seulgi looked through the cracks of the door frame. "Why are you still standing there, find a cloth and soak it in water, then bring it to me." Seulgi reprimanded the youngest, and sighed. Yeri jumped and obeyed, rushing out to search in the kitchen. 

"Seulgi, I hate you." A soft purr snatched Seulgi's attention back to the ill. 

"Stop talking, your fatigue is killing you." 

Irene pulled Seulgi closer, eager to feel her in her arms. "I hate you."

"Stay quiet." She rubbed Irene's waist. Despite her disappointment towards Seulgi, the older girl's anger was extinguished as soon as she was lifted up in her arms. Irene succumbed to their combined heat, and stuck onto the girl, leaving no space between them.

"I apologize. For the umpteenth time. I don't know what the hell I'm trying to do." Seulgi reasoned. 

Irene breathed against her neck. "You liked kissing Yeri didn't you?" 

"What! No."

"Then? You're mind's hazy because you're thinking about that kiss." 

The younger girl sensed jealousy. "I h-hated it. Irene." Seulgi felt the temperature rise. Her hands were prying Irene off her. 

"You obviously don't."

"Just sleep." Seulgi didn't want a fight. Not when Irene's in this state. 

Irene whined and shook her head. 

"I'll kiss you if you don't stop." Seulgi held Irene's chin on her palm. The younger girl climbed over her, and secured Irene below. Her motions left Irene breathless. 

"Kang Seulgi." She said. The youngest girl narrowed her eyes. "Listen to me."  The older girl murmured. Heavens pour holy water on her. Irene let her hands grabbed a fistful of Seulgi's shirt. She won't back down. Seulgi blushed, realizing the intimate position they were in. 

"Don't prey on a lioness when you're a puppy." Her stern voice captivating the youngest girl. She tugged Seulgi's head down, now they were only an inch away. 

"Is it wrong to kiss a goddess?" Seulgi eyed Irene's lips. Just a little closer. 

Cling-Clang pudoebjajbfjjsbhdun tang! 

Irene and Seulgi found themselves splattered on the bed. Irene must flip her body when in shock. Seulgi instantly got a sore arm. The aftermath of surprising Bae Juhyun.

Their ears perked up, as Irene furrowed her eyebrows at the sound of corruptive clanking. Plates fell in the kitchen, not one but three. Yeri's jaw dropped to her floor, about to scrape up the broken pieces. 

Walls ahead, Irene flew out of the sheets, frustrated to the core. Swoosh, she grabbed a broom and set up a vacuum cleaner in a flash. 

Yeri squatted, reaching her soft hands to the shards. The sharpness of it made her hesitate. But it's her fault, she should clean up. 

Yeri felt someone swat her hand away, taking over with the vacuum cleaner and broom set aside. Seulgi was still in a daze as she saw Irene get to work. From ill to seductive to maid mode, Irene's flexible on all aspects. 

"Maknae.... This isn't the first time." Irene said between gritted teeth. To think her reflexes brought her to the kitchen faster than her mind could process, Irene wanted to choke slam Yeri. "I can explain!"

Smelling Irene's hunger for blood, Seulgi wearily crossed over to Yeri's side. "Yeri." Seulgi took the girl by the hand. "I'll talk to her, unnie." 

"Tell her what you told me." Irene glared at Seulgi.


------------------------

"Yeri-ah." They sat down at the lobby. Seulgi had prepared a few words in her head to deal with maknae. Even herself was skeptical of her intellectual ability though she'll do her best to scold the girl. Irene shouldn't shoulder everything. People often forget Seulgi's the second oldest unnie, not Seungwan. 

"You can't do that, okay? Randomly kissing me won't solve your unnie's problem."

"But Irene unnie cried. She was jealous!"

"You're so dumb unnie!"

"Eh..." Seulgi was speechless. 

"Maknae. You shouldn't make your unnie sad, especially when you know you will. Don't do that ever again." Seulgi hoped her fierce front scared the girl. 

"F-fine."

"No ice cream for you when we get back home."

"W-what?" Yeri trembled, ice cream was life.

Seulgi swallowed, already wanting to take back her words. Maknae was just trying to help her but with the wrong way. There should be punishment for her actions. 

"I h-hated it." Seulgi forced out of . She didn't actually mean it. She said it out of anger in front of Irene. But if Irene wanted her to say this then she'll listen. For a split second, the look on Yeri's face broke. She must've shattered her pride. 

"Really? Am I such a bad kisser?" Yeri's arms fell to her sides, her current expression faltered. Although Seulgi's supposed to scold the maknae, depressed maknae didn't seem right at all. She was frantic with worry. 

"Don't tell me, that was your first kiss?" Seulgi didn't mean to sound so soft. 

Yeri avoided her gaze. "No, but." Maybe the story of her first kiss can be told next time. 

Seulgi decided to quickly wipe her sadness away. "I didn't mean it, I'm sorry."

"You didn't?" The youngster's face lightened up. She shrugged. "Yea, it wasn't that bad for a minor." 

The two of settled the matter and went back in, watching Irene huff to herself. 

 

-------------------------------

At night, Wendy came back with snacks in hand. The four of them sat on the floor in front of the television. Wendy did her deed, acting as if shouting at Irene never happened. The four of them chatted into the night, until their phones buzzed. 

 

Joy

Guys y'all have been neglecting me. I miss you girls :'(

Irene is online

Irene

Sorry Sooyoung-ah, we were really busy. 


Joy

:(

Seulgi is online

Seulgi

Sooyoung, I miss you too. Don't worry, I'll buy you lots and lots of fried chicken once we get back. 

Yeri is online

Sooyoung-unnie! 

Joy

I feel so blessed to have y'all as members :'), but where's wendy unnie?

Seulgi

She's still in the kitchen. I think

Irene 

She's coming in now. 

Wendy is online

Wendy

Park Sooyoung how dare you say that we love you like our guts! 

Joy

Eww. I don't want to be body organs. 

Seulgi

Some organs might be fun to be though like for example a male organ. 

Irene

Seulgi.... That's... 

Wendy 

Wait a sec, please excuse us. 

Joy

WOAH BEAR YOU DA MAN

Joy

Girls?????

Wendy pulled Seulgi's ear. She did not find her sense of humor funny, nor did the other girls were fond of it. Seulgi winced, bouncing back innocently, she didn't know why the girls were almost charging at her because of what she said. Why not? What's strong with wanting to be a for one day? 

"Kang Seulgi it's shameful to say things like that." Wendy dragged the girl to sit on the centre of the floor. Yeri and Irene's face turned beet red at the message. No one knew how much vulgar thoughts emerged into their heads,  predominantly in Irene's. 

"Is that bad? Guys say it feels good." Seulgi blinked. It made her look like a giant baby now. 

"No... Seulgi, gosh why are you so innocent?" Wendy facepalmed. Seven years of training before debut sure wasn't a good thing, somehow. Without a normal school life, she was unexposed to many circumstances. Being in Canada for three helped Wendy go through puberty like a walk in the park since kids in the western learn fast, education included.

While Irene had finished high school way before she auditioned with her friend. Irene knew how things work. And last but not least, Yeri. What does she not know?! 

To be serious, serious at the right times. 

"Unnie. You made a good point."

"I know right!" Seulgi grinned. 

"Maknae don't push it on!" Wendy grabbed Yeri's ear this time. 

Once Wendy released Seulgi, "Ouch." she touched her earlobe. Wendy's way of teaching them is scary.

Seulgi turned her head when Irene tapped her on the shoulder. "Stupid bear." Irene teased. 

Seulgi blushed. Maybe she was wrong.

 


Joy

HUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHU :'( Y'ALL GONNA ABANDON ME AGAIN


Seulgi

Of course not! We just had a discussion 

Irene

Uhwhycantiseethespacebar? 

Wendy

....Unnie I think you splitted the keyboard. 

Irene 

But the phone's alright? 

Joy

# Techgrandma 

Seulgi

# lol

Yeri

Juhyun unnie is dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

Wendy

>-( maknae _By Juhyun

Yeri

Oh by the way, I kissed Seulgi unnie today! 

Seulgi

Yeri no! 

Wendy

Jsiabduiabwhdujdheusb_ by Juhyun

Joy

Is that true? 

Seulgi

Yes..... 


A few seconds passed. 


Joy is offline. 

Seulgi

Park Sooyoung! 

Yeri 

Lol Unnie why so sudden

Irene

......

Wendy

OK I'm back what did I miss? Juhyun is so slow when it comes to smartphones. 


A few seconds later.

 

Yeri is offline

Irene is offline

Seulgi is offline

 

Wendy

What the .

Yeri is online

Yeri

Unnie no swearing

Yeri is offline

Wendy

(¬_¬)
 

 

Rise and shine, it's a new day for Red Velvet, excluding Joy. They'll be officially starting to film for their reality show three days straight. The morning started with a short meeting at the lobby. The producers were giving them instructions and tips. It was their first time filming their own show, so everyone's really excited. 

"What did you say?!" Sadness unnie startled the crew, but then waved. "Only one night and you girls have broke three plates?" Their manager said softly. 

Invisible sweat formed on Irene's forehead, "Yeri was careless. But nevermind, I'll pay for it."

"Well someone has to. Just make sure the matter will be settled. The company won't take this well though."

"Will do." Irene sighed, looking over the the three other members sitting down leisurely in the lounge. To the extent of neglecting them sometimes, their company can be unpredictable. One wrong move, and the whole group could ruined. Irene knew this, and kept her thoughts to herself. 

She'll pay. It is their room, and also her fault for not taking care of Yeri well enough. In addition to the fact that she has earned thrice her savings the past few months because of endorsements. A few thousand dollars lost won't hurt her, she thought. 

Before they got into business, the girls went for a toilet break. They were getting nervous, and concerned. Will they be able to entertain their fans? Will their fans be satisfied with what they're going to show? 

The leader stepped out of the stall, the last one to come out. The others have went out. So she calmed herself, re-doing her make up. Once finished, a figure held her hand, trapping her against the wall. 

"Help—" She whimpered. 

"Shh.... It's me." 

Irene focused on the sharp features of the face. Those feline eyes, the owner only Kang Seulgi. 

"What are you doing?" Irene asked. 

"Can we distress?" Seulgi emphasized the the word. Her hands gripped Irene's shoulders. 

"What do you mean. Don't look at me like that." Again, her intense gaze threatened to melt Irene. 

The taller girl took advantage of their height difference, looking down at Irene determinedly. "I want to try what I couldn't yesterday."

She pressed her lips onto Irene's, pulled back and attack her again. The older girl almost fainted. Seulgi had to be bold, and locked their lips, letting them enjoy this moment with closed eyes. Slowly, they moved their lips, brushing against each other. The contact them into their own dimension, and Irene moaned, feeling in need of oxygen. 

She let out weird noises, allowing the younger girl to explore with her tongue, and their kiss deepened into a blissful mess. 

They were in a heaven, enjoying the moment. Seulgi's hand went up Irene's shirt, keen on touching the older girl already. 

"My eyes!"

"Oh My God, my eyes!" Wendy exclaimed, covering her precious eyes. 

Without warning, Irene pushed Seulgi, who then fell onto the ground. 

The girl standing Wendy clapped her hands. "Omo. That's was so intense." Yeri smirked. "Daebak."

"Get the hell out." Irene said, using her authority. 

"Yes, madam!" The younger two saluted and disappeared. 

Irene stared as Seulgi got back on her feet. She wasn't mad, though she saw the fear in the younger girl's eyes, who was in doubt for her recklessness. Irene put aside everything she's gone through and embraced the younger girl.

Seulgi froze, arms hung in mid air. 

"I liked that." Irene whispered below her. 

"But this is a warning."

 

"Don't do that again."