Roundabout

What it means to be Kang Seulgi

It's not wrong to be in love. 

Not at all. 

Irene thought in the middle of the night. For hours since she tried to sleep. The group was supposed to wake up early in the afternoon for lunch, followed by their flight. Guess someone had too much of an effect on her. It was the first time she had a roommate, as she mentioned in their instagram live. To be with Seulgi in fact. 

She sighed. It took a mighty amount of strength to force Seulgi to stay on her bed. With a lot of screaming and baby-ish acting. Irene looked at the brown locks of the younger girl. Seulgi slept soundly, her rhythmic breaths calmed Irene. She didn't want to be creepy, though the pain in her heart wouldn't go away. 

Let's recap on the things that had hurt her the past few days. First, Seulgi became cold whenever Irene basement all rainbows and cuddly. Second, her intimacy clearly didn't seem comfortable for the bear, though sometimes bipolar bear initiated it herself. Third, Seulgi just didn't act the same anymore. 

They used to be the best of friends, Irene would admit they still are but, they're distant. No, actually they—were likely to be more. But now, Seulgi's mind would wander elsewhere when they talk, and stop being attentive after a while. For months, Irene had been in vain, with Seulgi ignoring her like the plague front one to time. 

"Seul..." She muttered in the dark. Irene felt guilty, knowing a lot has been going through the bear's mind lately. She never expresses her mind, and to many they'd think Irene was the most closeted of them all but no, she'd agree Seulgi has been keeping her happy go lucky demeanor for too long, no one can guess what she's thinking. 

"I didn't reject you either." Her sorrows were let out, and she did the craziest thing she could think of, spooning Seulgi from behind, smelling her scent like an obsessive addict. She smelled too good. Maybe Irene wanted to be drown in this scent one day as they make love and do all sorts of wild things and all those sweet moments she yearn to have with the one and only Kang Seulgi. She felt so sad, just what in the world was she thinking. 

All that, and she didn't sense that Seulgi consciously felt and knew what she was doing. The younger girl let out a small sigh. She didn't know what she was doing either. Usually, she could ignore all sounds when she sleeps, though tonight was a rare occurrence. She woke up, about to move, when she realized Irene hadn't been asleep. 

"Saranghae." Seulgi heard. Her heart clenched. She was sorry. 

She then heard a sob, a subtle one. Her eyes widened. The bed sheets shifted, followed by a whine of hurt. Seulgi gritted her teeth, the lump in warned. It wasn't the right time to cry either, she controlled her emotions and calmed down. It didn't need to be like this. It just happened. She doesn't know how to revert time. She badly needed a time machine. 

After a few minutes, Irene began to adventure in dreamland. Her pent up emotions half poured out. Seulgi knew this shortly after Irene stopped crying. 

Seulgi rolled over, embracing the smaller girl. There's nothing more pathetic than limiting your own interactions with someone you care about most. She let her fingers go through Irene hair. She hesitated on sleeping on the same bed tonight. Though, She could let loose for now, just this once. 

They were meant to be, but maybe not in this dimension. They were colleagues, friends of the same gender. No love should grow between them. 

Seulgi sighed. It's wrong. 

Slowly, she fell into a deep slumber. 

It was about time they packed to go back to Seoul. Wendy and Irene were having a hard time waking up the dead logs. Even their managers had to come into action. 

"KkangSeul wake up!" Wendy paced left and right of the room. "What time did she sleep last night! She's not moving. Literally!" She complained. They were giving up. Their manager said if it came to the worse, he'd carry her throughout the journey even if it meant breaking his back. 

Seulgi stirred, eyes opening wide to seeing a zoom in close up of Son Seungwan, in her face. "AH!" She jerked up. Wendy stood up on the bed, kicking her . "Kang, it's 9 freaking AM." She said in English. Seulgi glared, not liking violent Shone and got out of bed with her y bed hair on point. 

Irene came in. Wendy looked relieved since Irene finally dragged maknae put of bed and got out of the room. Their sense responsibility saved the others from a lot of trouble, really. 

"When are we leaving again?" Seulgi said. Her voice hoarse, a frown evident on her face. Even though she just woke up, she still looked so damn attractive in those white shorts and shirt. Irene sat herself down on the bed. She got a little aroused seeing Seulgi like that. "Two hours."

Seulgi's expression darkened. It's too much of a rush to complete everything in a span of two hours. It'll be one hell of a morning, that's for sure. Seulgi leaned against the wall, forming a plan in her head. She unknowingly tucked her fingers into her pockets, her pose resembling a model. 

Irene didn't need to look down, she was definitely getting wet. Seulgi's looks were driving her mad.

"Can you take-out breakfast for me? I have to pack." Seulgi said, walking to the bathroom. Irene nodded. Mind blank. "Okay. But do you have anything in mind?"

"What's your favourite food again?" Seulgi asked out of the blue. 

"Uh..." Irene looked away. 

Seulgi started ing her shirt. "Get me something you'd like to try." The bear said. She didn't want to waste time pondering. 

"Oh." Irene's thighs closed. She had palpitations. Her eyes wandered everywhere. Her body became numb, the effect Seulgi had on her. Her eyes fixed on Seulgi's hands, fumbling with the round plastic. . She was sure the bear did not intend to show off, it's her own fault that she kept looking. 

As her abdomen began to appear, Seulgi stepped into the bathroom, it gave a finale to Irene's torture. The weird feeling below the pit of her stomach did not set well. To think she imagined a few obscene scenarious last night. Irene her lips, knowing she'll have to please herself when she finds time after they land in Seoul. Guilty pleasures. There's nothing to be ashamed about. Would you die to be under those clumsy but professional hands? Irene was dumb to assume Seulgi would be a professional. Though she expects nothing less. She's not in her right mind. 

Oh My God.

What is she thinking! 

In the other room, Yeri combed her hair. The heavy eye bags were hard to hide. She's been making an effort to at least make it less obvious. Last night, she stayed awake worried about Joy. There wasn't much time left till the debut of Joy's acting career. Will it go wrong? Joy worked hard for this, and even missed a lot of group activities. Yeri frowned. She grasped her phone, contemplating on whether to text her unnie. 

Her phone buzzed, the screen lit up. As soon as she saw the username, she smiled. 

Joy
Kim Yerim, y'all coming back soon? 

 

Yeri
Uh-huh. Miss me? 😮

 

Joy
😃 Maybe. 

 

Yeri 
Are you okay? Sleep as much as you can Joy... I'm so... Worried. 😐

 

Joy
I know. And I'll make sure to look energetic by the time I come home

 

Yeri
Please stay healthy 😢

 

Joy
I will, little squirt 😎

 

She looked into the mirror to apply her make up when Wendy came out of the shower in a towel. They were comfortable with each other, unlike the awkward pair in the other room. "Wendy unnie, Joy's drama will airing soon. I know it's best not to jinx it but I have a bad feeling."

"Yah. Kim Yerim." Wendy straightened her back, "Is that how you support your fellow group member?" 

Yeri didn't dare look at Wendy, she was deeply concerned. A lot of people have dissed Joy because she got a lead role for her first drama. It was unfair to many actresses so if she didn't do well, Joy will suffer a lot. Yeri didn't want that. She didn't want their happy pill to be sad. 

Wendy shook her head, stressed out over every little thing the group has to offer. She's about to break, but if no one stays strong, who will be the pillar to support all of them?