two

Work in Progress [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  

The Park Heir and his bachelor lifestyle 

---

Luhan, Baekhyun's ever-caring friend and roommate, is going to kill him. Baekhyun's sure of that. However, the condition to his death is Luhan knowing that he is staying with Park Chanyeol. 

Baekhyun plans on never letting Luhan find out.

He treasures his life, after all, and no matter how angelic Luhan looks with his doe eyes and cute smile and bouncy hair, he could kill somebody if he wanted to. 

And, well, Baekhyun wouldn't be in this situation if he said no to the giant, but he didn't. 

He should be regretting his choice.

He doesn't. 

So Baekhyun follows Park Chanyeol into his flat, wrings his hands nervously as the giant watches him step gently on the meticulously polished floor, and contemplates making a mad dash out of this painfully awkward situation. 

But he's tired, and he doesn't have anywhere to sleep, and he's being offered a place to stay by such a nice (handsome) man, so he takes a deep breath and smiles at Chanyeol in an attempt to convey his gratitude.

Park Chanyeol smiles gently back.

 

Baekhyun had heard of the Park heir before - he graduated from a top university abroad and came back to inherit his father's company, managed to successfully lead the corporation, was named the youngest billionaire in South Korea by many magazines, and named as Korea's most wanted bachelor by all. 

He's famous, that's for sure. 

And while Baekhyun's not a stranger to luxury or the lifestyle of the ostentatious, having grown up as the youngest child of the successful Byun family, he definitely wasn't expecting Park Chanyeol to be this nice about everything. 

Sure, there was nothing particularly scandalous about him, but like every other rich kid, he was a frequent visitor to night clubs and gossip magazines often published articles of Chanyeol having different women on his arm each week. 

Baekhyun didn't necessarily believe those articles - they were mostly fake, anyways - but he still is rather surprised. 

Chanyeol's flat is tidy, surfaces polished and everything stacked in their proper place. There are no certificates on the walls of his achievements, only a few photos of him with his family here and there. Everything is grey and black and white.

Its empty, Baekhyun thinks. 

"Here," Chanyeol's deep voice breaks him out of his thoughts, and Baekhyun looks down to see a pair of slippers resting next to his feet. He looks in surprise at Chanyeol, who gestures at Baekhyun to take them. 

They're too big, and wobble around on his feet, but Baekhyun turns and smiles gratefully at Chanyeol anyways. 

"Thank you, Chanyeol-ssi," he says. 

"No problem," the taller answers, and steps forwards into the apartment. "Follow me. I'll show you where you can stay for today." 

The guest room is furnished comfortably, white sheets on a queen-sized bed, with a small bedside table and a warm lamp propped up next to it. 

"Here's the washroom," Chanyeol points out, and there's a spare toothbrush." He pauses, thinking, and says, "I don't really have pajamas your size though..." 

Baekhyun ducks his head to hide his blush. 

"I guess...." Chanyeol says, trailing off. "Wait, okay?" Baekhyun hears him hurrying down the hall and fumbling in a room before he appears again, this time holding a pair of sweatpants and a white tee-shirt. "They might be a bit big on you," Chanyeol says apologetically, handing Baekhyun the clothes. 

"It's fine," Baekhyun laughs, shaking his head. "Thank you." 

Chanyeol takes that as his cue to exit, leaving Baekhyun in a bathroom with clothes he is 100 percent sure will not fit.

And, after trying it on, he is not disappointed.

The pants hang loosely off his hips and pool around his ankles, and the shirt barely stays on his shoulders. It's rather sad, he notes solemnly as he adjusts the clothing. When he finally thinks that the clothes won't slip anymore, he reaches for his toothbrush and they slide off again.

"Whoops," he mutters to himself, shrugging. 

 

When he finally finishes, he bids Chanyeol goodnight and snuggles in the plush blankets. Like that, Baekhyun falls asleep to the muffled sounds of the city at night that seep through window of Chanyeol's flat. 

---

Byun Baekhyun wakes in the morning to the clatter of plates, yawning. He pauses to take note of the situation and recalls yesterday's events. 

"Ugh," he tiredly groans as he shuffles off his bed and out the room, rubbing his eyes. 

He wakes up, however, when he sees Park Chanyeol, in all his early-morning glory. His dark brown hair is ruffled and in disarray, and he wears a loose grey tee-shirt and and a pair of shorts, making the businessman look his age in stark contrast to the polished image of the Park heir on magazine covers. 

"Hm?" Chanyeol says when he notices the shorter guest lingering in the hallway. "Ah! Baekhyun-ssi! Good morning," he greets politely. "Take a seat. I've made us breakfast." He sets two cups of orange juice on the table and two plates of toast lathered in butter and jam. "It's not much," he says sheepishly, "but it's the best I could do." 

"It's fine, really. You didn't have to trouble yourself," Baekhyun assures the taller, taking a seat. 

He yawns, and stretches, before smiling softly at the man opposite him. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter