ten [pt.1]

Work in Progress [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ten pt. 1

---

Park Chanyeol waits outside the Kim Entertainment building, leaning against the hood of his car and adjusting his sunglasses in what he hoped was an attractive way. From the way that the female workers eyed him, he seemed to be doing okay.

Then, his vision tunnels. 

Byun Baekhyun strolls out of the building, looking exhausted but still managing to captivate Chanyeol immediately. Ever since they first got together, their time together had been limited - Baekhyun's trainee schedule left little to no free time, and whenever he did have free time, all he wanted to do was stay home and rest. Dance practice after singing practice after dance practice had really drained the shorter. He seemed to have lost weight as well, which worried Chanyeol. 

"Baek," he calls out to the shorter boy.

Baekhyun smiles when he spotted the Park heir, radiant as ever despite the evident fatigue in his eyes, and jogs slowly towards his taller boyfriend. "Chanyeol," he grins.

"I'm taking you home today," he announces. "The meeting ended early, and I miss you."

Baekhyun laughs, "Thank you, boyfriend."

 

Chanyeol's heart flutters. He really missed that smile. 

 

He reaches to open the car door for Baekhyun and gestures at the seat, helping Baekhyun buckle his seatbelt before rounding the car towards his own seat. "Such a gentleman," Baekhyun teases, eyes twinkling. "Thank you."

 Chanyeol laughs and flirts, "Just for you."

Baekhyun blushes and sticks his tongue out childishly, and they fall into easy conversation as they enter the streets of Seoul. The sun was just setting and the sky was bathed in rose, the clouds colored and the city just starting to light up. Night was falling, and workers milled the streets for an after-work snack or drink. 

 

"This reminds me of the first time we met," Baekhyun says as they pause at a red light. The younger boy is looking at Chanyeol in such a way that it makes his heart clench. It's such a soft look and it reminds him of summer. "You were talking to me about your job — how it felt like you weren't living and then you took me in to your apartment and it was so empty, all blacks and whites and greys, but then you turned to me and smiled, and I thought, that smile could light up a world."

Chanyeol stares back at Baekhyun, who holds his gaze with such determination and gentleness it astounded the Park heir.

"And it does," Baekhyun continues. "Whenever you smile its so brilliant I don't know what to do."

Chanyeol didn't even notice his smile until Baekhyun says, "See? That smile. That's what I'm talking about."

The Park heir laughs, "And your smile lights up my world too, Baek."

 

Baekhyun squirms in his seat and blushes, pouting. "It sounds really cheesy when you say it."

 

The light turns green and the artificial light dances across Baekhyun's features, reflecting in his eyes, and Chanyeol says, "It's the truth."

Baekhyun makes a face and Chanyeol laughs, turning away to start the car and begin making their way through the traffic. 

 

 

"I have something to show you," Baekhyun says, interrupting the comfortable silence when they near the apartment. 

"Hm?" Chanyeol raises an eyebrow.

"It's something really special to me."

Chanyeol doesn't pry, only slowly reaching for Baekhyun's hands and entwining their fingers as they make their way into

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter