eight

Work in Progress [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  

oh my oh my

---

 

 

It's a ing night club.

 

Baekhyun is going to kill Luhan without any mercy. 

 

"Take me back home!" he demands, refusing to budge from his seat while Luhan tries to pull him out of the chair.

"This is going to be good for you! Baek, come onnn!" Luhan pleads, dragging out the last syllable. 

"But you know how much I hate this sort of thing!" 

"No, I know how much you love being able to relax. You don't even need to drink, Baek. It's going to be fine. I'll be by your side the entire time."

Baekhyun purses his lips and pouts, but when Luhan watches him undetered, he relents. "Ugh, fine. It's not like I have much of a choice, do I?" Baekhyun frowns, reluctantly sliding out of the car and swearing under his breath as the wind blows through his jacket.

"I knew it! Thanks, Baek!" Luhan cheers in glee, and the Byun boy just turns away to hide his laugh.

The two best friends push through the door of the night club and Baekhyun is surprised by how classy everything looks. Sure, there is a dance floor and he can definitely hear the music pounding through the walls, but the entire appearance of the club is plesant and not like what he imagined. The bar is settled near the back of the club and is relatively well lit in comparison to some of the other sketchy places that he's been to and the bouncers at the door nod their head to the Lu heir as they pass. 

"See, it's not that bad right, Baek?" 

"Hm." Baekhyun says.

It's not really an agreement, but Luhan takes what he can get and grins, slinging an arm around his friend. "Trust me, alright? This place is known to be really safe." 

 

After a while, Baekhyun begins to realize that maybe Luhan's right. There was really nothing to be worried about. Even if he still isn't the most comfortable with the concept of clubbing and sure - say what you want, that he's a prude and a nerd - but the atmosphere is agreeable and he feels himself loosening up as he sways to the beat. 

 

That is, until he sees a tall, alarmingly familiar figure make his way through the entrance and gather the attention of quite a few ladies. 

 

"Lu?" he says, elbowing the other by his side. "Is that ... Park Chanyeol?"

Luhan frowns and peers over the crowd to look clearly at the man's face. "Wait, let me see."

A pause.

"I think so. And... " he swears quietly, "Oh Sehun." 

Baekhyun laughs a little at that as the Lu heir seems to both shrink in his place to stop the other man from noticing him and also stand on his titoes so the Oh heir will see him, but his attention is drawn back to the man who towers over everybody else. 

 

(As always, honestly. When has Byun Baekhyun been able to see anything else?)

 

The Park heir is dressed to kill. His suit accentuates his lean figure and his hair is roused a little bit, different from the way that he usually looks at the office. It's less uptight and formal and more appropriate for a night club, but equally bad for the short man's heart.

Baekhyun is so screwed. 

 

--

 

"Is that Byun Baekhyun?" Sehun asks, and Chanyeol dies twenty times in his head but manages to look normal in front of the people who are starting to stare. He ignores the whispers of his name as his attention is drawn to an alluring figure farther in the room. 

 

(Because really, when has Park Chanyeol been able to see anything else?)

 

"Um" is all he can say, along with a muttered "". The Byun heir is dressed to kill. Those pants and that shirt and the eyeliner and damn, Byun Baekhyun is going to be the death of him. He could already see a few creepy old men eyeing the boy, and he had no doubt that there were more. 

Chanyeol's admitted it before — he can be possessive. Especially more so when the boy looks so tempting and enchanting but acts so sweet and innocent. 

...

But for now, he has a problem.

Those bewitching eyes are turned to him, and those tantalizing lips are uttering his name. 

"Chanyeol?" Baekhyun asks, making his way through the crowd towards him, and the said man feels as though his guts have turned inside and out. 

"Baek?" he coughs. "Nice to meet you here." 

The younger hums in agreement, smiling up at the older. "What are you here for?" 

"Ah, Sehun wanted to come here. I was just accompanying him." 

Baekhyun smiled, "Yea, me too. Lu was really eager to bring me here." 

Chanyeol laughed. "Those two are really something, huh?" He gestured in the direction of Sehun and Luhan, who had already made their way towards the bar. Baekhyun was glad to see his friend enjoying himself, and grinned, eyes twinkling in delight.

Chanyeol's heart stuttered. 

"Sehun has such an obvious crush on your friend," Chanyeol says. 

"Luhan? Oh, he does too," Baekhyun laughs. "I wonder who will confess first?" 

"Not a clue," the taller admits. The couple at the bar is chatting animatedly, and Chanyeol can barely hide his amusement at Sehun's expression when the Lu boy raises the drink to his lips. 

 

For a split second, he wonders if he looks the same when he is watching Baekhyun.

 

And, well, the answer's rather obvious, even to him. He probably does. The boy in front of his is so dazzling he doesn't know what to do with himself. 

 

"Luhan's probably going to wait for Oh Sehun to ask him out. He may look really outgoing, but he's shy as hell when it comes to these things," Baekhyun says, still watching the two at the bar. "I don't know Sehun-ssi that well. What do you think?"

Chanyeol hums in acknowledgement, "Sehun might make the first move, but that's not for sure. Honestly, at this rate, neither of them."

Baekhyun laughs, and Chanyeol jo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter