twelve [pt.1]

Work in Progress [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chanyeol wakes up to a message on his phone:

Dear Client,

This is a reminder that you have booked a flight from Seoul, South Korea 

to Busan, South Korea. The flight will take off at 11:30am at Incheon International Airport, gate E15. 

Thank you, have a good day.

 

He mutters out loud to himself, "What the ?"

Then, the memories from last night crash into him and the only thing he could think was: Baekhyun is in Busan. He needs to go to Busan. But he's sober now, and a lot less brave, and the thought of seeing his ex after a year terrifies him. He should have forgotten the boy by now, right? It should just be somebody that he used to know, a part of his past, regardless of how wonderful and beautiful it was.

But there's a longing in his bones that doesn't happen with anything else, a pull on his heart that forces him to remember, to not give up on this love.

A part of him craves to see the boy again, but another part of him forces him to stay. He's terrified.

In the end, he fiddles with his phone and gives Oh Sehun a call.

"Sehun?"

"Hyung? What's up?"

"Baekhyun's in Busan."

Silence on the other end as Sehun weighs his response. "Oh."

"Yeah. Do you think I should go?"

The Oh heir groans, "I don't know, hyung." Tentatively, he says, "If I were you, I probably would. Just to get some closure, if nothing else. But your relationship with Baekhyun.... it's really up to you." 

Chanyeol paces around the room, thinking. 

"I think," the Oh heir continues, "Baekhyun really did love you. You should try to figure out what happened, or else you'll really regret it."

"But," Chanyeol says, "What if he doesn't want to see me? What if he hates me?"

"If he hates you, which, by the way, is highly unlikely, you should at least try to find out why."

Chanyeol mumbles a half-hearted complaint before asking, "Where in Busan?"

Sehun grins to himself. He knew his hyung the best, and he could still tell how much Park Chanyeol loved Byun Baekhyun. "I heard he took up a position in his father's company. The company's being really obscure about it, but that's what I heard."

"Oh," Chanyeol says. A long pause, and then, "OH. That's what he meant." Chanyeol's head spins with all the possibilities. If his guess was correct, then that meant... that meant infinitely more possibilities because it would prove that Baekhyun didn't hate him. They would have a chance...

 

Just the thought of that makes Chanyeol's heart pound, and the Park heir is almost giddy with excitment. 

 

"What?" Sehun asks. "Who are you talking about?" 

"Baekhyun. Baekhyun, he... I remember at the gala, his father was talking to him about inheriting the company. And he said... he still has time. And then he said that his dream has an expiration date."

"What? What gala?"

"The Kim family one, remember? The one that was all over the news because the Byun's second son had finally returned." Chanyeol paces back and forth in his room, excitement building in his gut. 

"Oh. Wait, what happened in it?"

Chanyeol sorts desperately through his memory, digging his nails into the palm of his hand. "I overheard Baekhyun and his father arguing.... His father was trying to make him inherit the company and Baekhyun said that he still has time left. I didn't really pay attention to what he meant because Baekhyun was crying and all I wanted to do was make him stop, but, do you see what I mean now?"

Sehun shuffles on the other end of the phone before asking, "Are you saying that Baekhyun made a deal with his father about how much time he had before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter