Interlude : [a day with doe-oh pt.1]

Work in Progress [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  

interlude: a day with the doe-oh couple (and a coffee bean of jealousy)

---

Luhan waited patiently for his coffee, scrolling through his social media pages on his phone, humming quietly to himself. He liked times like this- with the smell of coffee and the calmness of a coffee-shop. 

He had been so absorbed with the comments on his latest Instagram post that he hadn't noticed when a person came up to him. 

 

"Hey," a voice said. 

 

"Ah!" Luhan replied, tone pitched as he jumped a little, startled. When he orientated himself again, he peered up - and up - (no, he WASN'T short) and jumped a bit again when he found himself staring into deep brown eyes. 

 

"Fancy seeing you here, Lu," Oh Sehun grins.

 

Luhan discreetly combs back his hair and straightens his coat, thanking god that he had thought to dress relatively well today (he never dresses particularly terrible - after all, he is the Lu heir and he has an image to uphold, but there are some days when he just decides to  it). 

 

"Hey, Sehun," he replies. He curses inwardly - where is that easy grace, that charisma, that loveable personality? In front of Oh Sehun, that bastard, he's nothing more than a hunk of (fine) meat. 

 

Sehun hums thoughtfully, and leans against the counter, looking much too good to be real. Luhan sees a few girls glance at the Oh heir and giggle shyly.

 

"What are you doing here?" Luhan asks, trying to be more natural. 

 

"I'm getting coffee?" Sehun replies, amused. 

 

ing idiot, Luhan, he berates himself, what else would be here for? Why are you like this? 

 

He smiles awkwardly and turns around, wanting to jump over the counter and hug the barista because she saves them from the pending awkward silence. 

 

He cradles his still-hot cup of coffee over to a small table in the corner of the store, only turning back to look at the taller questioningly, "Coming?"

 

Sehun grins, and Luhan's traitorous heart flutters. 

 

 

"So," Luhan begins, tapping his fingers hesitantly against his porcelain cup. "The weather's nice, huh?" 

 

Sehun bursts out laughing. 

 

"Really, Lu. We've known each other for a good amount of time, and the only thing you can think of to say to meet is the weather?" 

"Hey," Luhan says defensively, "I didn't come out here mentally prepared to talk to somebody." 

"Too bad," Sehun teases. "I have to ruin your plans. I haven't seen you around in a while. What have you been up to?" 

 

Luhan thinks for a bit, "A few things, here and there. One of my friends - Baekhyun, if you know him - has been pretty stressed out recently, so I've been trying to help. Kyungsoo just came back from overseas a few weeks ago and stayed at my place for a while before he went to Busan." 

 

"Oh, is he coming back anytime soon?" 

 

"I think so," Luhan says, tilting his head to the side as he tries to remember what Kyungsoo told him. "He should be back... in about two weeks? He just needs to settle some things there, and then he'll come back." 

 

"Ah," Sehun nods. "A.... friend... of mine came back recently too. I don't know if you know of him since he left a few years back when you just arrived." 

 

"Oh? Who?"

 

"Kim Jongin." 

 

"Woah, no way. The second son of the Kim industries? He went MIA.. oh wow, and now he's back?" 

 

Sehun nods, lips pressed into a thin line. 

 

Seeing how Sehun feels a little bit uncomfortable, Luhan turns the topic away to his newest obsessions and slides into easy conversation with the boy across from him. 

 

He'd forgotten how easy it was to talk to the taller boy. It was comfortable and he could go from cheery to sad to ranting in a minute and know that Sehun would listen all the while and never turn away from him, disgusted.

 

He never had to be fake in front of the Oh heir, something that was rare nowadays.

 

When he was still with Siwon - no, ing hell, Luhan, don't think about him.  

 

 

He distracts himself by observing the slope of Sehun's jaw. 

 

 

He lets Sehun speak for longer, just as an excuse to watch the other. The afternoon light streaming through the windows highlights his side profile and dusts silver on his hair. 

 

He looks like he belongs in a fairytale. 

 

--- 

 

Sehun is very, very screwed. 

 

He can't stop looking at Luhan. 

 

How can somebody be so pretty? The way his hands wave animatedly in the air when he talks about something he's passionate about, or the way they trace the curves of wood on the coffee table absent-mindedly as he talks about something that upsets him, or the way he drums his fingers on the table when he's thinking. 

 

It's a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter