nine [pt.2]

Work in Progress [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   

good night, boyfriend

---

Baekhyun’s eyes widen and the prettiest pink blush colors his cheeks. 

Chanyeol waits patiently. “I like you, Byun Baekhyun,” he repeats with more conviction. 

 

Silence. 

 

Chanyeol’s heart thumps in his chest and a painful pinch gathers in his gut, but he clenches his fist — there's no going back with this, really — and asks, staring into Baekhyun's eyes as he musters up all of his courage, "Will you go out with me?"

 

Honestly, it's very cliché, this entire thing, Chanyeol muses in the back of his mind while he waits for Baekhyun's reaction. He's the ing heir of the Park Corporations, for gods sake. It should be easy. He should be suave, and Baekhyun should swoon, and it would be perfect.

That's not the case in reality, however, because the seconds (it feels like hours) tick by and there still isn't a response. 

 

Finally, Chanyeol breaks the silence. “It- it’s okay if you don’t want to... I just wanted you to know." He shifts nervously under Baekhyun's gaze and continues his rambling. "I understand if you don't want to be friends anymore, but I thought it would be worth a shot. I really like you a lot, Baek-" 

 

"Okay,” Baekhyun says, cutting him off. His voice is sweet and soft, stopping Chanyeol's train of thoughts and calming him down like no one has ever been to before. The shorter boy smiles shyly, “Let’s try this out.” He pauses, and a mischievous glimmer appears in his eyes, “boyfriend.”

 

It's Chanyeol's turn to gape like a fish out of water, eyes widening and a traitorous pink blush spreading from his cheeks to his ears. 

 

"Hey, boyfriend," Baekhyun smiles, wide and endearing. "Nice to meet you."
 

The Park heir swoons. 

 

Later, he would remember what happened afterwards with intense embarassement:

1. Chanyeol breaks out into the ugliest grin possible, but he's too happy to care. 

2. He stands up and moves to go across the table to hug his new boyfriend.

3. A waiter comes into the room with a pitcher of water. 

4. Chanyeol, like the clumsy idiot giraffe-walrus he is, bumps into the waiter.

5. The pitcher of water flies out of his hands.

6. The water sloshes across the room, and Chanyeol watches in horror as it descends, slow motion, right on top of the Lu heir.

7. "ING PARK CHANYEOL — YOU - "

 

The Lu heir stands up, dripping wet and practically steaming with anger. He snarls — a disturbingly strange look on his otherwise etheral face. Sehun's eyes widen in alarm, and Baekhyun moves to stop his best friend from commiting murder.  Luhan pauses his tirade to send a classic charming smile in the direction of the cowering waiter, before shaking his head at the waiter's insistent apologies and dismissing him. The waiter leaves, and Luhan is back on the warpath. 

 

Long story short, Chanyeol becomes the damsel in distress and his hero role is stolen by his boyfriend and his best friend, both who valiantly fight to stop the approach of an incredibly angry deer-boy. 

 

---

 

Peals of pretty laughter are still escaping Baekhyun's mouth when he finally collapses on Chanyeol's sofa in exhaust

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter