New Faces

The Hope Is Love

.......

The Bowling Alley

Yuri and Jessica walked through the doors of the bowling alley hand in hand. The place wasn't in the best condition, the red leather seats had a few tears in them, the shoes looked like they haven't been polished in years and the bowling lanes had small cracks in them from where the balls had smashed on to the floor. Both of them were shocked to see the state of it the more steps they took as they entered.

"Well this is.....nice", Yuri said unenthusiastically as she looked around, noticing the state of the run down surroundings.

"It doesn't matter how nice it is, as long as we get to spend time with each other I'm happy", the blonde girl said.

"You're right". Yuri gave Jessica a kiss on the cheek and smiled at her. "We could've still spent time together in bed you know", the younger girl cheekily whispered, earning a hit from her girlfriend.

"We could've....but we're here now so deal with it" 

She and Jessica approached the line of people that were waiting to get their bowling shoes. In the line there were other couples who just wanted to play against each other, but as the line got shorter, Jessica and Yuri soon noticed that there was a problem. "What's with everybody here, they looked pissed off", Yuri said as she stuck her head out of the queue to see what the problem. She saw a man holding hands with a woman that appeared to be his girlfriend, he wasn't shouting but speaking very loudly at one of the employees, Yuri could just about make out what he was saying.

"What kind of place is this! me and my girlfriend just want to bowl with each other, just the TWO of us!", the man's face was turning red, he looked like he could explode or attack somebody at any moment but instead he grabbed his girlfriend's hand and stormed out of the building.

After the three other couples that had the same problem, Yuri and Jessica finally reached the counter. "You two aren't together are you?".The employee raised his eyebrow even though he was expecting them to be together as a couple.

"Yeah. Why, is there some kind of problem?" Jessica looked uneasy since she was worrying about having to call off the meeting that Yuri still didn't know about.

The man pinched the bridge of his nose and lowered his head. "Yes there is a problem", he mumbled down at the floor. He lifted his head up and looked at the couple stood in front of him. "Well since you can tell, here isn't the best looking place on earth so we kind of accept people in groups with around seven people in them...which you aren't. We need money,and with couples like you coming in most of the time, we hardly get enough to get this hole sorted out.". The man grabbed the back of his neck due to the amount of times he had to tell couples that they should be in a larger group. "....However, there has been occasions were couples would pair up with other people, but that's rare since they normally leave straight after I tell them...."

A frown formed on Yuri's face and she scrunched her eyebrows together. "What kind of bowling alley doesn't allow couples! that's so stupid!"

"Calm down ma'am. If it makes you feel better I can give you a coupon for free drinks here", the man said as he put his had in his pocket and took out the coupons, he held out the folded coupons in front of Yuri's face,"Take it or leave it, actually you should take them....then leave", he said with an arrogant smile.

"Fine!", Yuri grabbed them and went out of the line, pulling on Jessica's hand whilst doing so.

"Hey, we're not leaving until we get to bowl". Jessica let go of her girlfriend's hand and faced her. "Please, Yuri, this isn't fair", she pleaded and tried to put an innocent look on her face.

"Ah, Sica why are you so persuading?". Yuri smiled and tapped the blonde girl's face before turning away and walking towards the empty bar.

"What, so you're gonna leave me here?", Jessica asked

"He gave us the coupons, so I'm going to use them".

Jessica glanced at Yuri who was now sat down on a stool in the bar whilst talking to the bartender. She took advantage of her time alone and texted Tiffany. "Where are you?",she typed. She looked around so that Yuri wouldn't get suspicious. Moments later she heard the voice of a familiar person

"I'm behind you!"

Jessica turned and saw a brightly smiling Tiffany waving at her with one hand. She was happy until she noticed that her other hand as holding Taeyeon's, who she wasn't looking forward to talking to at all. "Hey guys". Jessica walked closer to the two girls in front of her, earning a bow from Taeyeon. "So this is what she looks like, ugh. I looked so much better holding Tiffany's hand", she thought but she never let her true feelings towards Taeyeon be shown, instead she would just smile. "You seem like a nice girl Taeyeon", Jessica tried to say nicely.

"Thanks. Do you approve", Taeyeon joked.

"Hell no". "You two make a cute couple", she lied.

At the bar, Yuri was chatting to the bartender. "...I don't like this stupid seven people rule either, but I don't run this place so I can't do much, sorry", the bartender said as she wiped the already used glasses with a towel.

"Don't apologize, it's not your fault", Yuri said before sipping on her lemonade. "But today is the only time when me and my girlfriend decide to go out together for the first time in ages".

"Is that your girlfriend over there?", she said as she pointed at the blonde haired girl

"Ye-". Yuri paused as soon as she saw Tiffany. "What the", she thought. Yuri got off the stool and walked over to the three girls. She came from behind and poked Jessica's hips, making her jump.

"Oh...hi baby", Jessica said, acting like she did something wrong. She turned back to Tiffany and introduced her to Yuri, "this is Yuri". Tiffany stuck out her hand, causing Yuri to grab the older girl's hand with a tight grip.

"Nice to finally meet you...I'm Tiffany", she said whilst awkwardly shaking Yuri's hand

"I know", Yuri quietly said as she gritted her teeth together.

Tiffany stopped shaking her hand, "How do you know. Have we met before?". Tiffany gave Yuri a confused look.

"We haven't met but...let's just say it's a long story". Yuri smiled then looked at the girl stood next to Tiffany. "And who is this"

Tiffany opened until Jessica quickly answered Yuri's question. "This is Taeyeon, Tiffany's girlfriend". She put extra emphasis on 'girlfriend' since she could tell that Yuri wasn't happy about Tiffany being there.

"Hi", Taeyeon said. "We were just going to play against each other but the line looks really long, I doubt we will get a lane".

"Well  they only allow groups of seven people in anyway. It's stupid", Yuri said.

"Seven people?....". Tiffany quickly ran out of the doors.

Outside, two girls were kissing each other deeply against the walls of the bowling alley, "Yoona stop biting my lip, it hurts", the girl moaned.

"Why, I thought you liked it rough", Yoona seductively giggled to her girlfriend, Seohyun, before entering her tongue in the younger girl's mouth.

"SERIOUSLY YOU GUYS, I CAN'T TAKE YOU TWO ANYWHERE WITHOUT THIS HAPPENING!!", Tiffany shouted at the pair. "You can come in now!". She signaled them to enter the building with her hand.

"But we were busy!", Yoona complained

Tiffany ran back inside with a smile on her face. "Where did you go?", Jessica asked.

"I brought friends", Tiffany happily said as Yoona and Seohyun walked behind her. Both of them were greeted by Yuri and Jessica who seemed more than happy to have other people there so that it would be less awkward.

"Now we have enough people, right?"

"You really aren't good at math are you, Tiff", Jessica teased.

"Don't worry, I texted Dae-ho a few seconds ago, he should be here in a while", Yuri calmly said.

"Who's Dae-ho?", Tiffany asked.

"He's just my brother. I said he couldn't come but i guess we need him now", Yuri awkwardly laughed off the sentence.

"Okay, we'll just wait for him to get here then we'll get a lane". Jessica looked at her watch, hoping that Dae-ho would turn up soon.

Taeyeon and Tiffany went on the arcade games, Seohyun and Yoona went into the toilets to finish off what they were doing outside and Yuri was sat down next to her girlfriend at the bar. It wasn't exactly what Jessica hoped for but she was glad that Yuri and Tiffany weren't strangling each other. 

"Well who would've guessed that your ex would turn up on the same day and same time as us, what are the chances...", Yuri said in unimpressed tone. Jessica could tell that Yuri noticed something but se didn't say anything back. Yuri sighed, "Look Jess, I know you planned this meeting, but why? Do you honestly think I wanted to spend my time with your ex, really?"

"So what if we planned it. We just want to make a clean start and that includes you too, so stop being awkward around Tiffany, she wants to move on now and so do I. Just try getting along with her".

"....I suppose it wouldn't hurt...", Yuri murmured into her glass

"Really!". A cheerful voice came out of Jessica's mouth due to Yuri's reply

"If it makes my baby happy", Yuri grinned and kissed her girlfriend on the lips.

"You guys are too cute", the bartender said. "Just like them two on that dance machine over there", she nodded her head in the direction of Taeyeon and Tiffany. All Jessica could do was watch them from a distance. Every time Tiffany would kiss Taeyeon, or even playfully hit Taeyeon, it killed Jessica. She tried to avoid looking at the couple, she drank her drink and looked at her watch again, "He better hurry up", she mumbled. Luckily for her, Dae-ho arrived.

"The party has arrived!", he shouted in his usual arrogant tone which made everyone in the line turn their  heads in his direction.

"God, he's so cocky it's unreal", Yuri said as she shook her head in embarrassment

"Must run in the family", Jessica teased.

He walked up to his sister at the bar, his hands were glued in his pockets and he walked like he had just recovered from having a broken leg, but he claimed that at his style. "Did you miss your brother that much, sis". He took one hand out of his pocket and took Yuri's drink which he chugged down in seconds

"Yah! I was drinking that!"

"Whatever. Are we gonna bowl or not? I'm getting hella bored". Dae-ho pulled Yuri and Jessica up by their arms. "Come on, losers"

"Let me get the others". Jessica went up to the dance machine that Tiffany and Taeyeon were still playing on.

"Who's that on the arcade game?", Dae-ho asked

"The one with the brown hair is Taeyeon, Tiffany's girlfriend. The one with the black hair is Tiffany, or should I say Jessica's ex...", Yuri replied, leaving her brother shocked

"What? Are they friends now or something, they look hella comfortable around each other, that's crazy". Yuri clenched her fist, she had the urge to punch Tiffany every time she would see her and Jessica talking, but wanted to try forgetting about their past relationship.

"I seriously don't know why they're talking to each other now, but I'm going to have to keep a close eye on them, and stop saying hella!""

"Don't worry lil' sis, I'll give this Tiffany girl some advice". Dae-ho and Yuri fist pounded as a deal to keep close watch on Jessica and Tiffany

"Dae-ho is here now so we can get our lane now". Jessica glanced at Tiffany before walking back to Yuri and her brother

"I'll go get Yoona and Seohyun". Before Tiffany got to the door that led to the toilets, Yoona and Seohyun walked out of the door with content looks on their faces. "'You guys' hair is so messed up". Tiffany pulled out her pocket mirror and held it up to their faces.

"Crap. I guess we're gonna have to go back to fix our hair", Yoona said with a y look on her face.

"Uh uh, if you want to "fix your hair", you do it here", Tiffany said in a strict tone. Seohyun brushed Yoona's hair and Yoona did the same for Seohyun until they looked like they didn't get attacked by a bear. "That's better". The three if them walked up to the rest of the group that were waiting for them.

"Well hello pretty ladies", Dae-ho said as he walked closer to the three of them.

"What a slime ball",Tiffany thought.

"Give it a rest, haven't you realized that approaching girls like that never works". Yuri grabbed Dae-ho's shoulder and pulled him back. "We'll get the shoes for everybody". The two of them got in line again

After they got to the counter again, the man gave them an awkward look. "Weren't you here with a girl like ten minutes ago?", he asked.

"Yes I was, this is my brother and we have seven people to play, so give us a lane", Yuri demanded. She knew that she could have her own way when Dae-ho was around, mostly because he would threaten people who he didn't like.

"What size shoes do you want?", he asked whilst tapping is fingers on the counter.

"Uuuuh". Whilst Yuri was trying to remember the size of shoes that everybody wanted, Dae-ho turned around and noticed Tiffany and Jessica playfully giggling with one another. He was feeling more irritated every time he would see Tiffany grabbing hold of her exes arm.

"Son of  a ", he thought. "Yuri, I'm just gonna get some fresh air for a while". He waited till Tiffany was stood by herself to approach her. Jessica finally walked away from Tiffany, which meant Dae-ho decided to make his move. He rushed up to her, "Tiffany could you help me get something out of Yuri's car".

"Sure", Tiffany calmly said.

Both of them walked outside, making their way to the car park which was around the corner of the bowling alley, that was when Dae-ho decided to give Tiffany a talking  to. He grabbed Tiffany's shoulders and slammed her against the wall, he imediatley covered to prevent anybody hearing her scream. "Shut the up!", he shouted. "I'm not going to hurt you, okay? I just want to warn you". Tiffany stopped shaking her head and became silent.

"What?", Tiffany mumbled into Dae-ho's hand.

"You and Jessica. I saw it, you two were flirting". He removed his hand from Tiffany's mouth

"Huh? You're ing crazy! I've got Taeyeon now,, why would I want Jessica?". The fear in her eyes quickly disappeared and turned into anger.

"I don't know, you tell me. Don't even think about making a move on Jessica or else".

Tiffany wasn't phased by Yuri's brother so she escaped his grip and walked away from him. "Something is seriously wrong with you, you know that right".

Dae-ho pulled out a cigarette and lighter from his pocket and lit it. "Maybe so, but Tiffany...", he inhaled on the cigarette and puffed out a cloud of smoke

"What?"

"This conversation never happened".........

 

 

 

 

It didn't turn out as well as I wanted it to but oh well :)