A Father's Secret

The Golden Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"President please rest." Tanaka threw his hands up in the air as Gaelin gave out orders to people from Oracle. "I want those background checks by the time I get back from my meeting. Don't you dare think of leaving this place!" she warned her number 1 team from Oracle. The doctor had already been to see Gaelin and had given her a clean bill of health, but he advised lots of rest, which was something she couldn't do. Not with Soo-hyuk and her friends up at the compound. 

"The car is downstairs, President," the driver announced. 

"You're not doing anything to help the situation. Really she should be resting after her ordeal." Tanaka grumbled. 

"The President won't rest until everyone is safe back home so don't even think of blaming me for all this." Namjoon looked around Gaelin's study and sighed. He really didn't like having anyone from Oracle in his home. 

"Nuna hasn't even back for two hours." Jungkook grinned as he watched all the chaos, "But I'm glad she's home." 

"Me too," Taehyung agreed, "but the Song Household won't feel the same way when they hear she withdrew from the Competition." 

So you withdrew from the competition?" Chairman Jung greeted Gaelin in this way. Gaelin bowed low and then only took a seat when he nodded. "And I hear you are pregnant." Gaelin nodded, "Good thing you came back, those woods are not safe. Not good for a woman to be running around them. You got lost up there when you were a child...might have died, if the Lee boy hadn't gone looking for you." he looked sharply at Gaelin, "I suppose if Soo-hyuk wins the Golden Quill, then you are set either way." 

"I suppose I will be, Chairman." she smiled and he laughed suddenly. 

"You were always straightforward. Always liked that about a Song woman. You know Minah is still my very closest friend. We were inseparable as children but then arranged marriage and children and the business got in the way. Minah was so young when she had to take the reigns..." he was lost in the past.

Maybe she would be the same one day, thinking about her glory days, the mischief she and Hoseok forced Yoongi into! The first moment she realised she loved Soo-hyuk... Gaelin stared at grandfather clock behind him. For someone who didn't have five words to say to his son, he surely was talking a lot now.

"It is nice to look at you though." he stared at her openly, but not in a manner that made her feel uncomfortable, "there was something warm in the expression as if he wished to tell her something long lost but was saddened because it would not be. "When I see you, I see Minah as a young girl. Your mother was the prettiest child. The most beautiful of all the girls, the most exquisite woman...as you will well know how that feels." he rang a bell. "Have some tea child...When Minah hears you visited me she will be happy."

Julian entered the room. Now that Hoseok was away, the House Master was permanently installed on the Jung Estate. "Welcome home President," he smiled warmly and went to place the order for tea. 

"House Masters are very fast these days. They know what you want before you ask it. They whip around from household to household. I barely have to do anything. I have a feeling it is Hoseok's way of locking me out." 

Finally, the conversation had shifted to Hoseok. "About Hoseok ssi..." Gaelin began and then hesitated. 

"Speak Gaelin. You can ask me anything." 

"What happened to that girl up in the mountains? The one who loved Hoseok but you didn't approve so you sent her away." Gaelin said it all in one breath so she wouldn't lose her nerve, "Please forgive me," she fell to her knees and bowed, pressing her forehead into the thick Persian rug. It was safe down here from a Chairman's wrath, "Please tell me what happened out there that night when those men came to get her? Why did Hoseok ssi have to suffer all this time? He has been so lost without you. Why don't you ever see him? I remember a time when you two did everything together..." 

The Chairman stared down at her. Gaelin folded her legs beneath her and felt the tears swell in her eyes, "We have been up there these past two days." 

"Bwo!" the Chairman shook his head. 

"The judges took us back there. We found her shoes, her clothes, the watch that Hosoek dropped that night. Last night I almost died...because we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter